Skip navigation

NEED HELP ON ENGINE CONVERSION!!!

Back to the top

NEED HELP ON ENGINE CONVERSION!!!

Genez said

well another prob is, dont mind having a go myself only i havent got a grage or anywhere to store it you see. paul i remember talking to u at INTERS. i think i asked u then if u could help me out. ie engine rebuld and stuff. dont worry would pay you.lol what do u think

Yep, could do, no worries. If you include labour, not sure how far you're ?1500 would stretch - would be better to go for 1.8 16V, then you can save around ?200 at least, on getting all the bits.

Does your car have solid or vented front discs?

Back to the top

Genez said

sell the car i have and buy a tin top.

i like you

Back to the top
why not have a bit of a research day at the gti festival.

Back to the top

hmm

my mate has a 1.8 kr 16v lump in his garage with pretty much everything that goes with it apart from the down pipe so all the wiring ect ect

he would take ?300 for it but its located on the southcoast :lol:

Back to the top
what u recon paul, does that what wooders said will do. :)

Back to the top

Genez said

what u recon paul, does that what wooders said will do. :)

I'd say, great idea to look around at GTI Festival, its the kind of place where modified Mk1s are likely to all be in one place. At GTI Inters on Saturday, there were plenty of stock Mk1s, a 2.0l 16V, a G60 and 2x 20vT (common as muck, aren't they?) on the club stand, so it was easy to talk to the owners, take a good look at how things were done, etc.

Might be worth taking ?300 cash with you too, you wouldn't want to miss a bargain!

Back to the top

hmm

good idea from wooders go check out some other conversions first to make sure you know what you want mate

Back to the top

Re: hmm

bens_cab said

my mate has a 1.8 kr 16v lump in his garage with pretty much everything that goes with it apart from the down pipe so all the wiring ect ect

he would take ?300 for it but its located on the southcoast :lol:

I bought my 2.0l 16V for that kind of money. I reckon the going rate for a 1.8 16V is around ?150.

Back to the top
right. that's too much common sense for one week. i best find some one to aggravate.

Back to the top
I paid ?200 for the passat gt my 2l came from meant I got everthing I needed and a couple of bits for the corrado at the same time :lol:

White Clipper cab, 2l16v powered……..
Maintaned by www.rk-engineering.co.uk

Back to the top

Re: hmm

bens_cab said

good idea from wooders go check out some other conversions first to make sure you know what you want mate

And you can also have a look at how well they all do down the strip! Hopefully the sprinters will fill a little form in listing their mods, so the commentator can talk about the car on the PA while its all going on?

Back to the top

lol

my slip will read

mk1 cab 20vt unsafe levels of boost  8)

Back to the top

Re: lol

bens_cab said

my slip will read

mk1 cab 20vt unsafe levels of boost  8)

My slip will read:

20vT cabby beater!

Back to the top
Actually it would be better (on Saturday) if it read:

RS2000 beater!

Back to the top

lol

now that would be funny who would expect that line up on the strip against rs2000

it would probaly be sporting a cossie lump tho :cry:

Back to the top

Re: lol

bens_cab said

now that would be funny who would expect that line up on the strip against rs2000

it would probaly be sporting a cossie lump tho :cry:

I know. Wouldn't it just be my luck!

Back to the top
love to but in hosp then. long story. guess there will be plenty of other shows to goto and ask eh. looking on the net for engines, some quite good places, but that what wooders said sounds promising. what do u think paul ? ?300 for pretty much everything. what do u think, not much else would be need would it

Back to the top

Genez said

love to but in hosp then. long story. guess there will be plenty of other shows to goto and ask eh. looking on the net for engines, some quite good places, but that what wooders said sounds promising. what do u think paul ? ?300 for pretty much everything. what do u think, not much else would be need would it

Beat him down to ?80 like an abused labrador puppy? Nah, only joking, I'd say 1.8 16V with all the bits is worth around ?200, it depends a lot on condition, etc. I did things a slightly different way, by buying a poor condition engine and reconditioning the top end.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.