Skip navigation

MODIFY OR SELL

modify or sell

it's your car, do as you please and enjoy it {-} [7 votes]
sell it original and bring a non standard one to life {-} [15 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

MODIFY OR SELL

wooders said

uprated brakes, lower strut, eibach roll bars, lowered a bit, may need 15" wheels depending on brake upgrade, 2.0 engine, home made front lower spoiler, zender 3 piece rear spoiler, no bumpers or rear seats.

go for it! but if your going to do that youmite as well do it on another shell and keep the one you have already

Back to the top
You're best taking a holistic view and asking yourself:

1. What do I want my car to be like, day-to-day?
2. What 0-60 time, and 1/4 mile ET, am I aiming for?
3. How much money do I have?

because the mods you've mentioned so far add not an awful lot of performance, for the amount of money you'd spend on them.

Back to the top
got half the stuff already. 0-60 and 1/4mile times are just figures to me. they do not convey the driving experience of a car. i've had mk1's for years so i kind of know what set up suits me. as said. she's a daily driver, so civility is a must.

Back to the top
wouldnt a 270 cam be a bit wild for a daily?

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
no. nice and smooth with good power across the range.

Back to the top
why not modify with a veiw to returning easily to standard if you choose to sell later on. seems to be the most sensible route, what happened to the modify on a budget thread....

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
well the 2.0 belly came up and as i was haiving trouble getting allen key bolts off (one rounded on the wur) figured it may be easier to do them when the engines out. i'll probably fit the audi throttle without porting the manifold for the gti festival. just for research/curiousity purposes.

Back to the top
i thought that the venturi dont open fully if the manifold isnt ported to fit the tb

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
it won't need to, as i'll be fitting a 'miracle screw'

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

i thought that the venturi dont open fully if the manifold isnt ported to fit the tb

I wonder if it would stick open, if you pressed on the throttle too hard?

Back to the top
the screw wont help, as it opens them early, silly woodie

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
it does clear. i have checked.

Back to the top
this is an 8v manifold?
i didnt know they fitted without porting, thats interestin and usefull.

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
oh yes.  they fit. i had a 16v throttle on a mk1, without porting too.

Back to the top
i would do all off those things you said you wanted to, just keep all the standard parts safe in the shed. enjoy the car while you can after all cars are for driving!
they are not stupid mods that will take anything away from the rareness or spirit of the car ect, and all can be put back to original if you have a change of heart.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.