Skip navigation

Where were the cabbys?

Back to the top

Where were the cabbys?

Topoftherange said

wooders said

i understand what he means. i missed the 'scene for a few years. last inters i went to was in ipswich. the last one before that was bracknell way. it was nowhere near as enjoyable. can't say it's age for me as i still enjoy the festivals (gti). true, however, that you can't comment on something you never tried.

hey guys this is not some bigoted view, i have "gti international" plaques and programmes going back to 1994 so i know what im on about, its not age or any other stereo typical view thanks very much paulc, you may enjoy standing in mud and rain that hasnt or cant drain away and getting your car wrecked by the very same mud and ridiculous entry ramp? thats what i mean, if it was a purpose show ground ie all tarmac with decent toilets and showers/camping then it would be fit to be called international again, i love going to dub shows, always have and always will, just not inters, its hyped up and dont deliver, and 1/4 mile isnt for me anyway so thats no insentive, id rather put ?50 worth of optimax through my car on local roads were i live than have my car soiled in a field of mud, im just pointing out what many many other dubbers feel about inters, its poor now and needs a revamp, E38 is far better by a country mile for me

Without actually having attended this year (there was no ridiculous entry ramp???) your words are still, just words. Without having attended, your view could be seen as stereotypical.

Back to the top
I like both Inters and E38, but on the mud factor isn't E38 held in a field? If it rains in the week leading upto E38 like it did last week for Inters then surely we're going to be in a swamp there to.

Back to the top
paulc wrote

"Without actually having attended this year (there was no ridiculous entry ramp???) your words are still, just words. Without having attended, your view could be seen as stereotypical"

Then we will just have to beg to differ on this one as inters is rubbish now and not a patch on what it was 5 years ago, ive seen enough pics and spoken to enough people that went to know that it still hasnt changed enough for me to want to attend it, my choice and my views, dont expect anyone else to agree, far from it just how i feel on the matter

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

Re: lol

bens_cab said

i dont like driving anything that needs a tin opener to let the sun in  :lol:

Oi careful  8O

Back to the top

Re: lol

MalC said

bens_cab said

i dont like driving anything that needs a tin opener to let the sun in  :lol:

Oi careful  8O

who me  :lol:  :lol:

good to meet you sunday nice car to no tin opener required there mate all them horses pushing the wind through the windows :lol:

Back to the top
Think this post has got slightly out o hand conidering the orignal question was" why was there no cabbys on sun at GTI international" .

Well i cant speak for anyone else but i was there sat, and believe that there were also about 4 other cabbys aswell as me.

The thing i find funny is that all the cabbys went on the day that it rained and none went on the day it didnt.lol oh well guess thats just bad luck aint it. :)

Back to the top

lol

i looked at the grass sunday and though sump ground hmm isnt going to happen  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

Genez said

The thing i find funny is that all the cabbys went on the day that it rained and none went on the day it didnt.lol oh well guess thats just bad luck aint it. :)
not bad luck. it's floppy thinking.

Back to the top
I was there in my Rivage on the Saturday and would have been happy to have moved from the car park to the stand (even with the mud) if I'd have known it was possible.

I had to clean it on Sunday anyway  :wink:

I think that a good mix of hard and soft tops would be good as they are all still Mk1's !

'91 Blue Rivage (non leather)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.