Skip navigation

Where were the cabbys?

Back to the top

Where were the cabbys?

How much head start would you give me? Or do I need to give YOU a head start!!!!!

Back to the top
head to head on the stock tinnie
 :wink:

tho i think my engines about to blow up :roll:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

head to head on the stock tinnie
 :wink:

tho i think my engines about to blow up :roll:

Ok deal, head to head it is!

Back to the top

paul

paul_c

no head start but ill launch in second gear and ill do my lazy gear change 2nd to 5th

Back to the top
paul i cant see me doin a 600mile round trip to prove my screw theory, however i will get u some evidence this sunday at the first cornish smokey joes meet.

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
If I were you, I'd launch in 1st, use all the gears and try as hard as you can. Might be worth thinking up some excuses why you didn't do so well, too!!

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

paul i cant see me doin a 600mile round trip to prove my screw theory, however i will get u some evidence this sunday at the first cornish smokey joes meet.

It doesn't count, its:

1. Proper timed 1/4 mile, or
2. Printout from rolling road

Back to the top

lol

paul_c said

If I were you, I'd launch in 1st, use all the gears and try as hard as you can. Might be worth thinking up some excuses why you didn't do so well, too!!

problem is if i launch in first itll spin up on the spot by the time it actualy moves you will have finished lol

no not doing any favours at santapod its head to heads all the way really want to push the cab to its limits and see how it does

least that way i can see where i need to improve my setup

Back to the top
paulc

oh sorry

:lol:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

hmm

600 mile round trip come and stay here on the saturday then we can convoy down early sunday morning theres a few cars going from here

or friday night then there can be beer action  :lol:

Back to the top

Re: lol

bens_cab said

paul_c said

problem is if i launch in first itll spin up on the spot by the time it actualy moves you will have finished lol

no not doing any favours at santapod its head to heads all the way really want to push the cab to its limits and see how it does

I don't mind giving away my secrets for a good launch, although I may regret this later on!!!!

1. I used a set of soft, sticky tyres. They're a special Avon tyre, almost but not quite a slick, with enough cuts to be road legal but no more. They're also slightly smaller circumference, so they give a 10mm drop which helps with castor angle ever so slightly too.
2. Launch very soft at around 2800rpm and gradually apply the throttle to full throttle in 1st.  Even with this approach, I still managed to spin the tyres while rolling and half way through 1st, such was the power of the engine.
3. The rest is easy, just really quick gear changes at the rev limit, without taking my foot off the throttle.

Back to the top
ill try, n1 ben

now wheres that nos gone….

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

hmm

im probaly better launching in second once i get to 4th im sure i wont need a another gear may even go the whole hog and jack up my coilovers on the back

pretty sire i can make my tyres look like slicks by the time santapod comes round  :lol:

Back to the top
paul
so whats your best timed 0/60 in a standard tintop then?

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

paul

Dunno, never driven a standard tintop down the 1/4 mile! My best time is 14.845 secs for the 1/4 mile, with 0-60 of 6.03 secs.

Back to the top

hmm

paul_c said

cabriaulait said

paul

Dunno, never driven a standard tintop down the 1/4 mile! My best time is 14.845 secs for the 1/4 mile, with 0-60 of 6.03 secs.

thats a good time staring to think youll do me on the strip  :oops:

Back to the top

Re: lol

bens_cab said

put your engine into a tintop

Back to the top

lol

i dont like driving anything that needs a tin opener to let the sun in  :lol:

Back to the top
buy a really rusty sunroofed one then

Back to the top

wooders said

i understand what he means. i missed the 'scene for a few years. last inters i went to was in ipswich. the last one before that was bracknell way. it was nowhere near as enjoyable. can't say it's age for me as i still enjoy the festivals (gti). true, however, that you can't comment on something you never tried.

hey guys this is not some bigoted view, i have "gti international" plaques and programmes going back to 1994 so i know what im on about, its not age or any other stereo typical view thanks very much paulc, you may enjoy standing in mud and rain that hasnt or cant drain away and getting your car wrecked by the very same mud and ridiculous entry ramp? thats what i mean, if it was a purpose show ground ie all tarmac with decent toilets and showers/camping then it would be fit to be called international again, i love going to dub shows, always have and always will, just not inters, its hyped up and dont deliver, and 1/4 mile isnt for me anyway so thats no insentive, id rather put ?50 worth of optimax through my car on local roads were i live than have my car soiled in a field of mud, im just pointing out what many many other dubbers feel about inters, its poor now and needs a revamp, E38 is far better by a country mile for me

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.