Skip navigation

Where were the cabbys?

Back to the top

Where were the cabbys?

no 0-60 at santa. bear in mind though, it IS a proper drag strip. what's the point in 0-60 times when you're doing a 1/4 mile in 7secs? inters hasn't had a proper strip or times for years.

that rocco did have a 2.0 16v turbo in it last year. this year i noticed it had a rear axle!!

Back to the top
oh, and i'll take you up on that 20yd start ben. :twisted:

Back to the top
For me personally, I can relate to 0-60 times more than 1/4 mile times. The average person doesn't realise how fast a 1/4 mile of, say, 14 seconds is, but they'd appreciate how fast a 0-60 of 6 seconds is.

Back to the top
kind of agree. sometimes gearing can cloud a cars accelleration abilities on a 0-60 measure that it can't on a 1/4 mile. more for the fun than anything else to me.
 that rocco regularly does sub 11 sec 1/4's, but i bet he doesn't enjoy the ride to and from the event, or going to work and back, or a nice clear sunday b road run.

Back to the top

Re: PAULC

bens_cab said

i took one look at the strip and said forget it wasnt going to run my car down there

the strip was awful and the timing gear was miles out some guy did a 0 to 60 in 4 secs and missed a gear the next car flew of the line and got a 10 sec 0 to 60

Does this mean your car's never been down the 1/4 mile in its current form, then? Are you debuting it at GTI Festival?

Back to the top

lol

yep gti festival will be its maiden voyage down the strip got loads to do to it in the next few weeks

going  to see toyotec from cgti forum at some point before santapod to see if we can get some unsafe levels of boost hoping to have 2 maps one for the strip and one for general driving

also got to get my brocks refurbed and wide the coilovers down about 6 inches :lol:

then its a case of removing all the unwanted interior components for the day :lol:

wooders best make that 30 yards 8)

Back to the top
I might be tempted to come along and play too......

Back to the top

lol

ill ask your mom if you can come out and play :lol:  :lol:

its going to be an awesome day i think it could possibly be the best show of the year

roll on 3 weeks :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

Re: lol

bens_cab said

ill ask your mom if you can come out and play :lol:  :lol:

its going to be an awesome day i think it could possibly be the best show of the year

roll on 3 weeks :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Unless it rains! Mind you, GTI Inters was rainy and it was STILL good, but then it did have the advantage of 2 days - what's the chance of it raining 2 days in a row?

Anyway, for those interested here is the thread for GTI Festival in the National Meets section. Add your names to show support, if you're coming!

Back to the top
I was joking on the invite!!! I will certainly consider coming to gti inters on the stand if the wife lets me :lol:

Back to the top

Dannyd said

I was joking on the invite!!! I will certainly consider coming to gti inters on the stand if the wife lets me :lol:

You just missed it - do you mean GTI Festival?

Back to the top

bens_cab said

yep. taking the offer. 30yds so far. i'll take more if you're that confident.

Back to the top
I didnt even bother going to "gti international" in my cabby or my VR6 for that matter regardless of weather or distance, the show is rubbish, extortionate prices to get in, appaling facilities and held in a muddy field, cant think of any reason too go to be honest? :dontknow:  oh unless you want to buy a set of the million and two sets of "lexus" lights that are on offer on every tacky stall in sight :roll:  or some british bulldog embossed number plates? :wink: , "inters" is off my calender and many fellow dubbers i know for the future, atleast untill someone sorts out a proper venue, with decent facilities, with proper organisation and an entry price thats not the cost of a tank of fuel!!! just because some clown at autometrix publications got greedy, E38 is the only show that really does it for me, others are also very good, but inters is a joke and has been since it left the TRL in crowthorne Berkshire, they have never quite captured the atmosphere or magic again

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

I didnt even bother going to "gti international" in my cabby or my VR6 for that matter regardless of weather or distance, the show is rubbish, extortionate prices to get in, appaling facilities and held in a muddy field, cant think of any reason too go to be honest? :dontknow:  oh unless you want to buy a set of the million and two sets of "lexus" lights that are on offer on every tacky stall in sight :roll:  or some british bulldog embossed number plates? :wink: , "inters" is off my calender and many fellow dubbers i know for the future, atleast untill someone sorts out a proper venue, with decent facilities, with proper organisation and an entry price thats not the cost of a tank of fuel!!! just because some clown at autometrix publications got greedy, E38 is the only show that really does it for me, others are also very good, but inters is a joke and has been since it left the TRL in crowthorne Berkshire, they have never quite captured the atmosphere or magic again

I'm not sure your comments are valid, given that you didn't actually go to the event?

Fact is, any show held on grass will be muddy if it rains, there's plenty of facilities there, there were plenty of traders (not just styling parts), a good selection of club stands, a timed strip (albeit a normal road surface not a race prepared drag strip) (does this exist at Edition 38? no!) and it was a very friendly show. Ticket prices were comparable with other events which have 1/4 mile action.

Maybe you're just getting too old, or too tired of the VW Scene? Anyway, we're not forcing you to go, etc, just it seems a bit unfair to have a pop at what was an excellent event, without being there and simply selecting a small proportion of comments from the internet. Maybe you're going to complain because it was too sunny on Sunday?

Back to the top
i understand what he means. i missed the 'scene for a few years. last inters i went to was in ipswich. the last one before that was bracknell way. it was nowhere near as enjoyable. can't say it's age for me as i still enjoy the festivals (gti). true, however, that you can't comment on something you never tried.

Back to the top

wooders said

bens_cab said

yep. taking the offer. 30yds so far. i'll take more if you're that confident.

and ill put the roof down  :lol:  :lol:

should be a good day so what times you hoping for wooders

Back to the top
25quid on  ben!

i would have been there but i had a screw loose

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

lol

cabriaulait said

25quid on  ben!

i would have been there but i had a screw loose

lol that screw will haunt you

ill bring some spare screws to the pod you all different sizes  :lol:

Back to the top
ive tried different screws, believe me.
the 8g works best!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

lol

so you coming to the pod cabriaulait

ill give you a 40 yard head start and you can keep the screw :lol:  :lol:

my money is on the srew 8)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.