Skip navigation

My Gti Resto continues (Help! I've got a question to ask...)

Back to the top

My Gti Resto continues (Help! I've got a question to ask...)

LOL what is it with people hibernating old Golfs?! You don't hear of it with many other cars but buy a barn and you're bound to find a MK1 golf lurking in there somewhere!

Can't wait to see some pictures, hurry up!  :P

1989 MK1 VW Golf GTi Cabriolet, 'All White Edition' - currently having a new blue roof fitted. Yes it's not white but it requires less Cif to clean :)

Back to the top

kami said

I love finds like this….. its the stuff dreams are made off lol :lol:

PICS DUDE ! ASAP !!!

:D

Back to the top
I couldn't make it up tonight due to shopping commitments with the wife but my pal has started to clear the driveway tonight, It's taking a bit longer than expected. Tomorrow will be the grand unveiling lol!
I'll get the pics up as soon as pos, I hope it's as immaculate inside as from what I can make it out to be on the outside, I can only really see the back of the car due to the sheer amount of junk that surrounds it. I can only get to parts of the car from the side and I can't get into it.

Can't wait till tomorrow now, I had to go shopping tonight otherwise I'd be in the bad books, I'm glad I did though cos I got Midnight Club Los Angeles for the Xbox360, It has a mk1 golf Gti for your first car lol!

Back to the top
Is it wrong that when I read this a little bit of wee comes out?!  :lol:  Hurry hurry!

1989 MK1 VW Golf GTi Cabriolet, 'All White Edition' - currently having a new blue roof fitted. Yes it's not white but it requires less Cif to clean :)

Back to the top
Lol…..Just to keep you in suspense a little longer, I went up tonight to pull it out but unfortunately our friend wasn't in. I don't really want to pull it out without him being there but here's a sneaky pic of it with my crap iphone.
The light's not great but I'll post up more when I go up during the day. But the important thing is that everything is now cleared for it to get pulled out.

Back to the top
Get a flood light in there man !

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"

Back to the top
i go green with envy at the sounds of someone else muttering "barn find" Haha…..

hope its awesome for you mate!!!

Back to the top
Well here it is, Not the complete jem I was hoping for but the car is completely solid apart from the rear arches and some surface rust.

Got it for free, What do you think? Scrap or keep?
Might even do a rat look with it but I think I may just keep the Gti and this at the same time.

Back to the top
CANNOT BELIEVE YOU GOT IT FOR FREE!!!!
I would definitely not scrap it. I personally (if funds allowed) would restore it to its former glory. but its your car.
I'm keeping my eye on this thread though it'll be an interesting one whatever you decide to do!
Nice find, your tooooo lucky! I'm off out now to search the local barns near me :wink: :lol:

1992 Pearl Green Clipper Cab - 16v (9a block, KR head, GSXR600 Carbs) :)

Back to the top

JoeHayes said

CANNOT BELIEVE YOU GOT IT FOR FREE!!!!
I would definitely not scrap it. I personally (if funds allowed) would restore it to its former glory. but its your car.
I'm keeping my eye on this thread though it'll be an interesting one whatever you decide to do!
Nice find, your tooooo lucky! I'm off out now to search the local barns near me :wink: :lol:

If you think this is a find, You should see the beetle I got that I found in an old lockup garage I got.
I restored that too! You'll find the pics here!
That one had sat for 12 years! It was fixed up and not finished and was rolled into the lock up and forgotten about, I paid a whole ?150 to the guy who owned it (Searched for nearly 6 months to find the owner) to get the papers.
http://www.strathycruise.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=70607&start=30

Back to the top
*speechless*

1992 Pearl Green Clipper Cab - 16v (9a block, KR head, GSXR600 Carbs) :)

Back to the top
Not bad for free,  8O .

Back to the top
Sweet!

Rich

Back to the top
NICE, dont scrap it, anyway should be worth a few quid as it is.

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
Nice find!! Where abouts are you? Noticed you had a link to strathy cruise! You must be around Glasgow or Falkirk?

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
Don't scrap it, go for that rat look.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

MK1Allan said

Nice find!! Where abouts are you? Noticed you had a link to strathy cruise! You must be around Glasgow or Falkirk?

Yeh I'm near helensburgh, about 40 mins from glasgow.

Really dunno what to do with this one, It wont take much to get going, Dunno if I will sell it and use the money on the gti instead. Dunno how much it's worth!!!

Back to the top
Wow your the closest member to me! I,m in Oban about 1 1/2 hours from you!!  :D

I have a leather rear seat and a pair of wings if you need them! Wings aint genuine there from euro car parts!

Back to the top

MK1Allan said

Wow your the closest member to me! I,m in Oban about 1 1/2 hours from you!!  :D

I have a leather rear seat and a pair of wings if you need them! Wings aint genuine there from euro car parts!

TBH, The wings are actually ok, The drivers one I may have to weld a bit at the top as it's got one of those extendable arials, but the metal round it is rusting, I may just weld it up just to keep the wings original.
Also as the interior is original too, I'm thinking I may strip it out and store it, to keep it good and just run it as a track style car with a set of buckets with harnesses and a dash.

Either way….it's getting dropped on it's ass with minimal work work doing to it. cant afford to be extravagant with it anyway lol!

Back to the top
I'm selling some coilovers in the parts for sale section, if your intersted!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.