Skip navigation

EDITION 38 31/08-02/09

Back to the top

EDITION 38 31/08-02/09

Dougelove said

paul_c said

Nobody has even started to organise a Mk1 Golf OC club stand. I'd suggest someone comes forward as the co-ordinator and takes the reins.

Well Volunteered Paul :mrgreen:

I'm at VW Action so I'd be the worst person to try coordinate things! Dougelove, it looks like you've just volunteered yourself!

EDITION 38 CLUB CO-ORDINATOR IS NOW: DOUGELOVE!

Back to the top
Considering the banners etc are in the back of your car ………:banghead: TBH its not a MK1 show unless the mK1 is a stupid 20V TurboNOSGTI  :roll:

I am NOT taking this on now as i have commited to RUBBADUBZ, Besides club plots are now closed and Paul you were telling them all to go to VWA!!!

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
The banner's not in the back of my car, it was sent onwards to ew for London Volksfest. I have a little of the merchandise left - Hairyarse has much more stock, in any case I'm returning it at Gaydon. bens_cab is officially co-ordinating VW Action, we'll sort some more stock of merchandise between us. I still have the table donated from GTI Inters a bunch of coat hangers, and some flyers.

I wasn't telling people to go to VW Action, I was just pointing out the differences between the 2 shows, and explaining my preference. Its not the club's fault that 2 national shows are organised on the same weekend, as explained before its happened (at least) 3 times this year.

MOVING ON…..ok with Dougelove committed to another club, is there anyone who wants to take this on and possibly liase with the organisers to try and persuade them to give us a club stand, even though they're closed?

Back to the top
I'd gladly do it as i'm going anyway.

However i guess it would be abit hypocritcal as my mk1 is in pieces and i'll be in my mk2?

But i'm game if you need me to do it.

Back to the top

Dougelove said

Besides club plots are now closed !!!

Thanks anyway pricey. :wink:

Back to the top
Think I'm going to this one instead of action. TBH I'm sick of pod this year, been to Big Bang and Mudfest (I mean Bug Jam) in the bus so want to see somat different!

Cant believe Action moved to pod, it's a right cop-out by the organisers if you ask me, ation was much better where it was last year and even better 7 years ago at the speedway track!

Santa Pod is boring, same venue, same show, same cars racing IMO.

Is Edition 38 a bit "bad boy" then, never been? No disrespect to anyone BTW, super highly modded cars just isnt my thing thats all.

Back to the top
a bit of all VW! except there are no idiots hooning round all flamin night :banghead: trying to blow there enjun.

Back to the top
Ed38 is a damn good show, quality vibe to it  8)

well, as good as its going to get for a watercooled show.  Will never be as chilled as the aircooleds  8)

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
so is the mk1oc having a club stand then?

Back to the top
i think i rocked up to the mk1oc stand at 3-4 pm on the sunday, I wasn't a pretty sight that morning, lol

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top

G60RGE said

No :cry:  It was left too late! There will be plenty there tho. im on Rubbadubz stand. :oops:

Back to the top
thats a shame. oh well, car park it is then lol

Back to the top
there are a few mk1s from newport ed and glubgti going too but stay away from them! :wink:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
im going on mvdevelopments stand  8)

Back to the top
so then how many cars you have on the club stand this year  :wink:

please see me at the gate boys we can not have you missing out on a club stand can we thanks

susan

Back to the top

Dougelove said

G60RGE said

No :cry:  It was left too late! There will be plenty there tho. im on Rubbadubz stand. :oops:

its never too late my friend  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Anybody driving down on Friday morning?
We are driving from up north. Halifax, West Yorkshire.
Let us know, can arrange to meet up on the way down at service stations.

Back to the top

SimonG60 said

Anybody driving down on Friday morning?
We are driving from up north. Halifax, West Yorkshire.
Let us know, can arrange to meet up on the way down at service stations.

watch out for me flying down in a rush ill be in a mulit coulored polo  :lol:

Back to the top
Shall do. Wont be able to miss a multi colored polo very easily.

Back to the top
Ill be driving from plymouth is anyone else going from the Southwest?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.