Skip navigation

Floppy accelerator - disintegrated rubber

Back to the top

Floppy accelerator - disintegrated rubber

buy a MK2 golf one, not MK1. its basically the same part but the MK2 one is loads cheaper:

191 721 559 - 0.64+VAT

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Thought mine was for a Mark 2 since it was clearly not for a Mark 1! My mechanic fixed it up nicely for me. That little rubbery dude aint going anywhere now!

Life in the French Alps: <a href="Le Franco Phoney: All things French in La Clusaz, Annecy and Haute Savoie">www.lefrancophoney.com</a>

Back to the top
:lol: Yep! Happened to me too and you can get the bush at German and Swedish for 69p!!!! :mrgreen:

'89 Clipper Cabby

Back to the top
Just to add a bit of infomation:

A few people have said the Mk II part is the same. The VW parts guy said not, but it is true that the part for the Mk II is 64p compared with over a fiver for the Mk 1.

Here are the two bits compared:

The Mk II part is smaller, has a larger hole in the middle and is chamfered on one side. It explains why people who went for the Mk II bit often seem to end up looking for a circlip or something to stop the cable pulling through!

2008 Citro'n C6 (C6 RTK)
1993 Jeep Cherokee. 1985 Scimitar SS1
132 cars in 18 years…

Past VWs: Mk 1 Clipper, Mk 2 Polo, Beetles, Beetle Cab, Buses, Passats, Sciroccos, Golf Mk 2 GTis, Jetta Syncro, New Beetle Cabrio

Back to the top
ii had a mk2 one on my 83 cabby no bother, but i also has a mk2 accellerator cable which could be the difference. but as long as the pedal arm and cable isnt bent and the throttle is adjusted properly either should be fine. ive seen accellerator cable ends and the pedal arm bent at funny angles, this puts strain on the connection between them. you want the pedal end lined up exactly with the hole, and cable end should be a right angle. make sure cable moves freely too, old crusty one will again put strain on the bush.

last of all you need to set the cable adjustment so as its flat to the floor, the throttle has just hit the stop. if you set it too tight you'll end up bending the pedal arm and cable!

Back to the top
incidentally it's £6.36 now, (was for me anyway) mental! at first i thought 'ho hum' but when i got it and felt it… my jesus. if it all goes wrong i'm flogging vw stuff.

low, and slow.

Back to the top
i made one at work out of carbon fibre, it will never perrish! now i need a circlip to stop the pedal from sliding out of the hinge bit.

Back to the top
Anyone got the part no. for GSF???  Tried to call them today but got the usuall response I seem to get when I call then…..useless.
Cheers, jj

Anyone need Air-Con or Refrigeration drop me a line….thats my business! IMG_0245.jpg Photo by jjrobb | Photobucket

Back to the top
dont think gsf sell these only vw

Banner

Back to the top
VW only for the MK1 part. as per my posts above, buy a mk2 golf one and make sure you have the cable adjusted properly and make sure the pedal and cable end arnt bent

Back to the top

jjrobb said

Anyone got the part no. for GSF???  Tried to call them today but got the usuall response I seem to get when I call then…..useless.
Cheers, jj

Chubnut on eBay sells these - Clicky

Or Crazyquiff's - Clicky - bottom of the page.

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.