Skip navigation

New member withdraws from community

Back to the top

New member withdraws from community

Hi, I became a member recently after a scammer on eBay told me to join to get the facts about the "mk1 campaign" grill he sold me that never was. I joined and asked questions about the items i had been sold and I beleive I was invited to join so i would be "scammed" however the scammer didnt expect me to post a poll and find out the truth about the item.

I posted a warning here as I was geniunely had. I even posted links to original adverts and I was told that a moderation team would be looking at it closely.

I recieved no response on the matter further. To add, the only person who has posted me back here other than one of the site organisers has been someone I knew already. That sorta went for my other question about alloys aswell.

As a result I feel that I should withdraw from your community.

I am a mk1 formel E owner (1 of 10 ish on the register) and I was dissapointed that meets were being arranged that I would not be able to attend in my MK2 golf. (Mk1 in progress) So things just seemed clicky, exclusive and had hidden sharp edges that I was aware of from the outset.

I'm posting my response as I feel its important to have a vetted base and to address new members problems in a timely fashion. You will experiance leakage of support when undesirable people attempt to erode your reputation by using your forums as a way to try and mis-direct the newer members and also threaten them with legal action citing the club as the legal provider.

I do not feel that MK1 golf owners club did enough as I was not provided with a follow up and neither does the case appear to have been addressed since your email. No one contacted to get the email and header from me to proove what I was saying even though I had identified the user. Am I to assume that Shaun from Halifax is to be allowed to continue his exploits and threatening emails etc with other people after my departure?

:banghead:

Bolo

Back to the top
First I have seen of any of this mate and I really think you have got the wrong end of the stick regarding this site.
Sounds like your bad experience with this scammer has tainted your view of us?  :(

Back to the top
Really sorry to hear about your bad experience.  The vast majority of us are friendly enthusiasts, but there are a few rotten apples, as with any group.  I don't know a great deal about your experience, but i'm surprised you couldn't attend a meeting in a mk2, especially if you have a mk1 under resto 8O

Which region is this, as the host needs to come up with a pretty good explanation :o

My personal experiences have been very good in the 2 years i've been a member, BUT i've been scammed twice already, once recently.  I'd love to tell you who it is, but i don't want to get the abuse i got when i named and shamed storm81 :?

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Well, I have just looked through your posts and I can't see what your so pee'd off about. You seem to have had some decent responses…  :roll:

The only post you didn't get any help with was about your ACE alloys, which are not particularly common, hence people probably genuinely couldn't offer any advice.

You seem to be pretty hung up about this ebay transaction, which has nothing to do with this site, other than you being pointed in this direction for advice? Are you saying this Sean fella is a member here?

:dontknow:

Back to the top
Firstly, you posted "THIS GUYS A SCAMMER" style warnings all over the For Sale areas, and elsewhere, in an inappropriate way. There is a sticky saying how to report scammers, if you feel an injustice has been done. I think the moderator team removed these in a cleanup, since it was unfair on the other person.

The actual issue, was looked at by the moderator team but it was decided that it was an eBay issue, not a club one, and as such no further action was taken by them. Yes, the root was if the part was genuine campaign or not. There was a thread on the issue, it contains more/less correct info, so I can't see what more the club could have done - we can't guarantee the accuracy of posts by forum members, after all!

I could ask the question - what would you wanted the club to have done?

Also, regarding the meets, at no point did anyone say you can't come in a Mk2 - in fact, one of the NW meets was combined with a local Mk2 club meet, not so long ago!

Back to the top

Re: New member withdraws from community

As a result I feel that I should withdraw from your community.

Are you also withdrawing from the Ebay community ?

It seems that all this started after a bad Ebay experience , it's your decsion .

Cheers………….

Back to the top
ahh. diddums. get a grip man! the post of your's i read i replied to. it's not mandatory that people must jump and agree with your opinions and answer all qeustions and/or requests. this is a friendly helpful site. join in and become part of a nice group of chaps (even the gay ones with floppy tops) and chappessessess's. or not. choice is yours. personally, i'll help anyone if i can, but don't give a **** if your too up your own arse to use this site as it was to be intended.

Back to the top
first i heard off this issue also.

i can safely say that this s by far the best club i am a member off friendly peeps who enjoy a laugh and help is always at hand.

and your comment about a mk2 at meets being shunned. the last meet i went to in Cambridge there was a mk2 in attendance and i was in my mk4 Astra as the mk1 is being restored. i was accepted with open arms by all

sorry to hear about your troubles more luck in the future!

hello!

Back to the top
Bolo, is the REAL REASON you're withdrawing from this community because you've now got a job as a martial arts henchmen working for an evil drugs baron called Han who holds lavish kung fu tournaments on a remote island near Hong Kong?

I thought so…

1983 Lhasa Green GTI

Back to the top
i remember the post mate but was not  knowledgable enuff to comment but thought you got the right answers.
i dont think you can blame the club for you being done over, maybe it would have been better to have asked the questions b4 handing the cash over?

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

Back to the top
I remember the post too :roll:  it was rather random and based SOLELY on an advertiser from ebay!!!! no one on here seemed to have much or any knowledge of the seller it seems :dontknow:  or for that matter the "new member" who was spouting about scams, i personaly think the real issue is you got had off flea bay?, nothing to do with mk1 owners or the mk1 owners club, therefore i propose a large hurah on your departure for insinuating WE had anything to do with you getting ripped off/buying something you knew nothing about, if you needed sound advice on anything mk1 then its all here, if you need consoling :dontknow: …….try the samaritans :lol:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
in fact, don't try the samaritens. just jump of that london bridge you bought off ebay and be done.

Back to the top
I'm sorry

not

:roll:

Back to the top
Well,im happy with the site and the members,tomo320 makes a great sunday dinner,his family make me welcome,rov716y is a star too,diesel dubber is cool for the fuel she uses  :wink:  and others ive had dealings with have been no problem,the meet is a friendly place at gaydon,crazyquiff got my smoked lamps from sunny south africa for me,top man,I offer to do things for people to help them out,just to get them out of trouble if i can,as for the lamps its not the end of the world,ive been scammed but its life,live and learn,as for these lot on here,youve got the wrong end of the stick mate,
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Don't leave us mate, stay and give it time to find out what the club is REALLY like.  Feel the luv  :roll:

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Wooders don't be silly, the London Bridge that was bought was also an ebay scam…..

I believe that Bolo did go to the London Bridge Owners Club in the interest of finding out whether it was a real London Bridge that he was buying but got a poor response. Due to this, after purchasing said 'London Bridge', Bolo was only to find that it was a mere 2ft high (although correct length and width) and although jumping off did hurt slightly, it was missing the suicidal functionality of the real thing.

There is a post similar in tone to that at the beginning of this thread from Bolo at www.londonbridgeOC.co.uk for those of you who are interested.

Back to the top
On a more serious note…….

Bolo if you do come back to see the reaction to your post I would advise that you do not base your opinions of this club on something that any particular member/contributor has said or not said on this site.

As Paul C has said, we had a recent meet at the same location/date as a Mk2 owners club and really the idea that I have always got from this club is that it is not just for owners but for anyone interested in Mk1s, whatever they turn up in on the meets

Come back, get going on your resto with resto page updates and plenty of photos. There are loads and loads of people with excellent knowledge who will be inclusive and as helpful as they can be to anyone who posts.

Matt

Back to the top
bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye, thats get hipnotic but i think i got nmy point across

Back to the top

wooders said

in fact, don't try the samaritens. just jump of that london bridge you bought off ebay and be done.

wooders I see your sympathetic and understanding as always showing your caring side

Touch my car …………………. feel my wheels

operor retineo patria parvulus depressus vos
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.