Skip navigation

You know you have gone too low when.....

Back to the top

You know you have gone too low when.....

It jiggles on motorways and faster roads, such that I normally have to go to the toilet upon my arrival.

What kind of 'relief' are we talking here?  8O
P.S - it does look the dogs danglies though  :wink:

Back to the top

Diesel-dubber said

It jiggles on motorways and faster roads, such that I normally have to go to the toilet upon my arrival.

What kind of 'relief' are we talking here?  8O
P.S - it does look the dogs danglies though  :wink:

Just a quick No.1

Back to the top
well when i was driving my type 3, i couldnt use any multi story car parks…
went in one once, and caught the rear chassis cross member on the down slope, luckily the only one i had to go down….but i drove down heard the horrible noise followed shortly by…why arent i moving, oh god ive dropped a drive shaft….no my rear wheels are no longer touching the floor….
or when your going across a roundabout a bit quick and the exit is a slight incline, and all your mate thats following you can see is sparks as my beam,floorpans,gearbox,engine, exhaust scraped the floor…that was always annoying hitting my gearbox lost drive for a bit untill the box settle back down
getting it stuck on curbs, and by stuck i mean stuck lol

or when a couple of roadworkers are laying out those wires across the road, to measure traffic or what ever there for, you know the ones i mean…but when they lay them down start packing it all up, only for me to drive past and rip them back out the floor with my front beam  :lol:
this is a pic of my front beam, with the car parked up on a slope with no engine and no wieght in the car

or my front wing

and yes teh car is going lower again, need to narrow my front beam a bit to stop it from ripping the wings of turning around

edit:btw its only lowered by 165mm :lol:

Back to the top
The engine's at the wrong end, too.

Back to the top
ahh yes it must be great having fwd for sliding cars around, donuts, and putting the power down :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
the engine is where it belongs lol….so tell me whats it like being limited to 300bhp in a fwd car?

the only advantage of having the engine in the front is, that it makes a bigger mess of the car you hit :twisted:  :twisted:

btw im not a watercooled hater like most aircooled people or vice versa, vws are great in there own ways

Back to the top
Nice Fasty, my mates just bought one to put back together. totally solid with brand new wings from T3D. Putting the body on properly this week now he's bought the pan seal, he just can't decide on the final styling, but thats a long way off yet lol

<html>

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/Fordyx/cf416f53.jpg&lt;/html&gt;

Back to the top
I know mine is to low, but i love it :)

i ploughed the gravel track flat yesterday at all types, i have the top of a cats eye stuck in my gearbox mount and my wishbone mounts have been smoothed!! ;) its all good fun :)

Back to the top
I was only joking - I really like air cooled VWs! I used to have a Beetle, and a camper. I was looking around the "For Sale" area at All Types for a nice Beetle within my budget (as cheap as possible!), I saw pics of one on a board for ?500, went back later and it had been sold. Its only a vague little idea I have at the moment, anyway.

Back to the top
I'd love a type 3 fastback one day, for me they are the coolest looking aircooled vw out there, but i digress, i think i've already planned my next few cars anyway….

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top

Back to the top
…Dear Father Christmas,

I've been a good boy this year so i want a,

1974 swallowtail LS
1976 swallowtail 1600 GTI
1979 1600 GTI
1982 1800 GTI
1984 Campaign 1800 GTI
2007 citi sport R ( For the daily drive)

I'd better that lottery ticket now…

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
You know you've gone too low when…

…your filler neck rusts out because the car's so low you can't get a hose under the arch enough to wash it :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Seriously though, doesn't that bother you people with lower than low cars? That was one of the main reasons I returned my slightly lowered sportline back to a standard setup. I like to clean the neck properly with every wash.

Back to the top

pimpin_polo said

I know mine is to low, but i love it :)

i have the top of a cats eye stuck in my gearbox mount ;) its all good fun :)

Running over cats is just cruel!  :lol:

Back to the top
you know your mk1's too low when, like mine, you go down the flat m1 n the wishbones are catching the tarmac!!!!!
Love it, if it aint rubbin' then u aint dubbin!

Jesus is my airbag!

Back to the top
when your car doesnt move when you fill it up with fuel

Back to the top
my cabby is lowered 60mm and it has 17 inch alloys on it, when i take one particular turn in town (turning left uphill) the passenger side rear wheel lifts 4 inches from the ground!! if you just pull the handbrake slightly you can stop the wheel and see it in the corner window of the shop!!!!! next time town is quiet i will take a pic to show you!!!!

Mk1 Jetta (Jessie) build thread here
 View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

T25 westfalia camper, 2.2 Subaru powered

vw touran   1.9 tdi remap, Bbs rep wheels , lowered, bla bla bla……… Wife's car
2013 Vw amarok 2.0bitdi, work truck…….  www.jsgarageaberystwyth.co.uk  
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.