Skip navigation

Reg plate recognition - Poll

Back to the top

Reg plate recognition - Poll

Everybody is entitled to an opinion

Cheers,

Guile

'91 Golf Cabriolet (my other car is an Audi)

the usual audi s3 8p3 mods...

Back to the top

6UiLE said

Everybody is entitled to an opinion

I suppose that means we've both expressed it then doesn't it!

Tian :|

Back to the top
perheps "plod" should concentrate on doing some "plodding" rather than sneaking in an out of the bunkers into which he has been driven -  peering at the world with his prying cameras trying  to knick the generally law abiding for who knows what - like carrying an egg with intent to throw it  …. save us please …

and at the end of the month it's "well done eveyone - tick the box - you've met your randomly selected centally controlled government mandated targets.  Good work -  and now its on to the next crime - let's see if you can knick an 8 year old for throwing a piece of lettuce - that'll do it. Got to get that number of only 1.1 milllion people on the DNA database who haven't committed a crime up somhow - after all everyone is a suspect now - trust no-one! Get at 'em - the innocent, the mororist, the law abiding - keep up the good work"  

policing is shambles.  the process now controls the police & the more cameras &  automated systems  plod uses the more  entrenched becomes his seige mentality.

still it makes "policing"  straightforward  - let the assaults occur: conduct a "risk assessment" until all danger has passed,  look at the assault on a CCTV camera replay, say "golly look at that"  fill in a form and let the insurance company sort out the mess.  Then ask "What's for breakfast"

be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

Not interested in any alternative views - keep 'em to yourself.  you'll just sound like John Reid, or Charles Clarke, or David Blunkett, or  - who else can I add to list of failed somethings…..

There is only one thing  clear to me - if you are the victim of a violent crime in this country you are on your own.  What a triumph for the modern bobby

Chip chip - haven't got a swiss army knife in your glovebox have you?  That would be a crime….

Back to the top
This deserves its own thread!

Tian :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Michael said

perheps "plod" should concentrate on doing some "plodding" rather than sneaking in an out of the bunkers into which he has been driven -  peering at the world with his prying cameras trying  to knick the generally law abiding for who knows what - like carrying an egg with intent to throw it  …. save us please …

and at the end of the month it's "well done eveyone - tick the box - you've met your randomly selected centally controlled government mandated targets.  Good work -  and now its on to the next crime - let's see if you can knick an 8 year old for throwing a piece of lettuce - that'll do it. Got to get that number of only 1.1 milllion people on the DNA database who haven't committed a crime up somhow - after all everyone is a suspect now - trust no-one! Get at 'em - the innocent, the mororist, the law abiding - keep up the good work"  

policing is shambles.  the process now controls the police & the more cameras &  automated systems  plod uses the more  entrenched becomes his seige mentality.

still it makes "policing"  straightforward  - let the assaults occur: conduct a "risk assessment" until all danger has passed,  look at the assault on a CCTV camera replay, say "golly look at that"  fill in a form and let the insurance company sort out the mess.  Then ask "What's for breakfast"

be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

Not interested in any alternative views - keep 'em to yourself.  you'll just sound like John Reid, or Charles Clarke, or David Blunkett, or  - who else can I add to list of failed somethings…..

There is only one thing  clear to me - if you are the victim of a violent crime in this country you are on your own.  What a triumph for the modern bobby

Chip chip - haven't got a swiss army knife in your glovebox have you?  That would be a crime….

An interesting view point :roll:  and one from someone who obviously has never done any "plodding" i choose not to form opinions on mechanics, bakers, telephone engineers, or any other ocupation as i dont know anything about them, maybe you should do the same? just because the police are the ruling body next to the government and uphold the laws of the land dont mean the public own the rights to slander and make uneducated digs at what they have heard "darn the pub" or listened to on the evening news being presented by convicted drink drivers like alistair stewart, the world will be perfect one day, when all the thieving, lying, law breaking abhorent waste of space people in it are no more, it may take some time, just look at the news and see how many of MY coleagues give their lives or are seriously injured in the protection of others every week, now tell me you do the same? DO the job first then come back and comment on it 8O

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
well I am not a plod, filth, copper, bizzy, pig, bobby or police officer (to give them their correct and to me appropriate title) but in my line of work I meet a lot of them and I always find them to be most courtious and as helpful as possible.
I have been involved in many pleasant experiences with the police were they have gone out of their way to assist me and my family.
On the odd occasion that I have been on the "wrong" side of the law I have always tried to remain as polite and helpful as possible finding that they are more inclined to give a stern warning than a ticket (always a better option).
I have always found in all circumstances that respect breeds respect, whilst contempt only breeds contempt.
On a personal note I was assault a few weeks ago and the police officer who is dealing with it phones me regularly to apologise for the delays in due process that are caused not by his lack of desire to pursue the case, as those cop haters out there may think, but rather the mountain of paperwork, transcripts of interviews and other I dotting and t crossing that needs to be completed BEFORE the CPS will even look at it and the numbers of of other cases that each officer has to deal with.

Finally just to pick up on an earlier point made, if you did your research you would find out that most speeding tickets away from gatsos are actually from mobile cameras in the back of little vans run by private contractors who also issue the pictures for the dodgy plates. So don't  blame the police as they do their best with low resources.

Craig

Touch my car …………………. feel my wheels

operor retineo patria parvulus depressus vos

Back to the top
I too, have had positive experiences with the police. My house was vandalised a while ago and the very foxy policewoman came round and spent a lot of time with me, I was thinking its just another crime to her and she'd have better things to do, but they made an effort and caught the little tyke who did it. I think its true, that if you are generally pleasent to them (as in any other person, or trade, etc) then they will be pleasent back to you and use their discretion perfectly appropriately, in worthy situations. However if you're trying to be funny with them, or downright rude, or worse (violent etc) then I imagine they are experts in 'handling' that kind of person - and the outcome is usually not as good as the first situation!

On another note, do we want the club to side on people who bend the laws? Probably not, it reflects badly on us and also disrespects the majority of people in the club who spend a lot of time, effort and money on their cars making them totally road legal and good condition, etc.

Rant over!

Back to the top
Gents, you're spot on!

It's a 2 way thing respect! You give and you shall receive.  :D

M

Back to the top

Logie said

Gents, you're spot on!

It's a 2 way thing respect! You give and you shall receive.  :D

M

Is that an opinion?

Seriously, you're 100% right.

Tian :mrgreen:

Back to the top
There is no doubt the bobby on the street is doing his & her best in difficult circumstances  - and those circumstances are very difficult given the shambles at the Home Office & now the new "Ministry of Justice" (how long before we have a "Ministry of Truth" - perhaps this too can be headed by Tony Blairs old flatmate Lord F - who coincidentally has never been elected & thus does not have a  mandate - but this is another issue).

Heard "darn the pub" Really!

Shadow Home Secretary David Davis: over 1.1million people on the DNA database have never been convicted of a crime.

The Police Federation of England and Wales:   

>A Cheshire man who was cautioned by police for being "found in possession of an egg with intent to throw"
>A child in Kent who removed a slice of cucumber from a tuna mayonnaise sandwich and threw it at another youngster was arrested

There's a sample of the primary source material.  If you like I'll hook you up with William Hague who tried to intervene when witnessing an assault but was prevented from doing so as the attending officers were pre-occupied with conducting a "risk assessment"  - and you can have the debate with him.  Happy to make the arrangements.   

anyway - enough of this - let's talk about something important, like how best to restore Mark 1's and keep them on the road.

Good spirited discussion though - if we couldn't have this type of debate we'd be living in (better whisper this) a police state.

Next hornets nest - ID cards.

Chip chip

Back to the top
:lol:  your clearly mixing up "political bulls**t with "real" policing, anyone can quote figures and as we all know 78% of statistics are made up on the spot! its all toffee to me and 99% of my police coleagues, we just police, if thats dealing with an assault a rape, a suicide, a murder, an accident, a stolen car or someone throwing a piece of cucumber at someone 8O  so be it, lets not forget we deal with spontanious incidents and reactionary ones, thats how it is, if i see someone break the law i deal with it in whatever way best suits the situation, im not a robot or number cruncher nor are 99% of my coleagues, as for all the pelt in the press lets not forget who sees fit to report some of this tripe in the first place….. Yep "the general public" most of us are sensible enough to ignore complete morons and petty things, a LOT on the other hand dont and tie police time up with utter drivle that fits no purpose except to satisfy their small mindedness in an attempt to get someone in bother because they neither have the skills or intelect to speak to someone constructively and politely to resolve a situation, our country is going down the pan, the people in it will join together in the name of "football" but wont even speak to their neighbour most of the time or even know who they are! 8O society has a massive role to play in how our countrys police have to police, and no amount of political quotes and figures make any bearing on the real issue, the police "police" by consent most of the time and most britains are proud of the way the country is despite all of the issues that also plague other euro countrys, its only small minded bigots that attack the people who CHOOSE to be police officers and then  genaralise them and hurl insults by ill informed people spouting rubbish about what the job involves without ever having done it by people who WOULD be ready protect others without giving it a second thought even whilst un-armed. as has been said, attitude affects attitude, if you are rude to someone you expect it in return, if you punch a police officer your a hero, if a police officer hits you in deffence or out of neccessity its police brutality? Bow Lax

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

Back to the top
petty, maybe. but ask yourself. why is the plate not spaced correctly? because it will look a bit more distinct to spell what ever you want it to. vanity my friend. copper could well be petty and give a man 3 points for that, but if that man has gone out of his way to alter the plate to suite his ego, well..................

Back to the top
:lol: thats why our law system works in this county, the power of discretion is one that still exists and is open to every officer when it comes to minor misdermeanors, obviously if you abuse the police officer who stops to talk to you about whatever that may be? then discretion starts to dwindle!!!!! especially if you ever say "go catch some real criminals" at the end of the day if you know you were in the wrong like the plate, or speed or whatever then you may be punished for it? or you may get warned? thats something we all have to take on the chin sometimes, it depends on the individual circumstances and as everyone on the planet is different :roll:  some more "different" than others :wink:  then no situation will ever be the same twice

Back to the top
unless twins break the law.

Back to the top
:lol:  very good sir…….heres ya ticket :wink:  :lol:

Back to the top
You ask any person from another country about our coppers and you'll hear them all say we have the best.

Do you think we want to investigate an assault by cucumber? No of course we don't and just like the public we want to be out there doing our jobs but if you call in with something like that we have to investiagte it.

This has obviously been seen as an incident by someone and if you reported something wouldn't you want to be taken seriously  :dontknow:

Its easy to go by what the papers say they're all true of course,   :banghead: but if you're not involved in the situation, how do you know whats happened before? Is this the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th time etc etc.

It's very easy to judge the Police, we're easy targets but if your ok with us, we're ok with you. If you start to swear, don't expect us to remain nice because we know how quickly you can turn around and punch us. If we have to defend ourselves, you'll say we're heavy handed and out of order!

As the youths in my area will say 'swear down bruvv, we just can't win!'  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
:y:  and all i can say is any of the references made about politicians earlier in the thread……well if you believe any of them then god help you, those people particularly the "non" ruling parties but including the current government and its members 8O
 a large majority of MP`s are an absolute shambolic mess of of tyrants deviants, drug takers, nonces, weirdos and fraudsters, and i have missed a few out!!!  political representatives are there for one reason and one reason only, to line their own pockets and try to swindle cheat and buck the system in any way they can, not necessarily for the betterment of the country either, but for their own means as it has ben for centuries.
the sketch on little britain, you know the one were the minister was "found with a part of his anatomy inside one of his constituants in a public toilet"  well that about sums it up! "i lost my wallet on wimbledon common" yeah right o :lol: look at the latest "tory" offering, drug taking toff who hasnt got the common sense most are born with.

Back to the top
i think i should become an mp

Back to the top

wooders said

i think i should become an mp

I think you'd lose your deposit.

Back to the top

paul_c said

I think you'd lose your deposit.

you havn't seen my constituency
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.