Skip navigation

Diesel Engined Mk1s?

Back to the top

Diesel Engined Mk1s?

Just save me the jaffa cakes  :mrgreen:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
bert dont be tempted so easily, you know my teas good :)
mc donalds is bad for ya', apart from quarter pounder deluxe, they hit your five a day :|
got a hoist mate, them diesel lumps are too heavy for my old bones!

Back to the top
Ok tomo you win,i like to come and watch you eat 2 sunday meals down the pub  :lol:
Bert

Back to the top

Bert said

I sold the GTi as it was slow compared to the turbo D i built and cheaper to run when you use it as a work and play toy  :wink: and with a kid seat 5 door is way better for me……
Bert

So your Turbo D is faster than a GTI? Are you ever going to take me up on the challenge of a side-by-side 1/4 mile sprint (at a private track, of course!) so one can "compare" the cars?

Back to the top
No
Bert

Back to the top
we all like different things about a mk1, think its mainly the shape and handling. you would like horsepower, bert may prefer mpg, torque and reliabilty but with a more effortless cruising (as in 100 at 3200rpm). i have a old golf here petrol that would crucify your car but its gonna get dieseled. mk1s may go fast but not for long with a mk1 engine in them. ill have a go up strip with you like.... pod? what u want? citi? petrol mk1? or diesel? they all have there different strengths.. bert knows what hes on about, you cut and paste.....

Back to the top

tomo320 said

we all like different things about a mk1, think its mainly the shape and handling. you would like horsepower, bert may prefer mpg, torque and reliabilty but with a more effortless cruising (as in 100 at 3200rpm). i have a old golf here petrol that would crucify your car but its gonna get dieseled. mk1s may go fast but not for long with a mk1 engine in them. ill have a go up strip with you like…. pod? what u want? citi? petrol mk1? or diesel? they all have there different strengths.. bert knows what hes on about, you cut and paste…..

Yep, I'm up for a bit of side-by-side comparison fun within the club! I'll be booking myself onto advance tickets for GTI International, including a couple of runs each day, so it would be a good chance to coordinate something then. Lets remember its not racing - we are merely comparing the car in the left lane with the one on the right!

Back to the top
aye no worries, citi, diesel or petrol?
afterall they are all same cars…….. :?

Back to the top

tomo320 said

aye no worries, citi, diesel or petrol?
afterall they are all same cars…….. :?

Petrol……are you really sure you want to do this?

Back to the top
aye, petrols nippy, citi or y' reg?

Back to the top

tomo320 said

aye, petrols nippy, citi or y' reg?

Its your choice - you can only take one car to GTI Inters, right?

Back to the top
nahhh you can take as many cars as you want….
you cant copy and paste yourself out of this one :D

Back to the top
put them handbags away boys :lol:

tomo, sorry mate, but your making yourself sound like a right cock here, considering the work paul puts innto running this website, you should show the guy some respect!

and stop with the whole "my cars faster than your car" shit, its boring, and you sound like a 12 year old

Back to the top
my cars slower than yours cause it aint got an engine  8O

hello!

Back to the top
my pushbike is slower than your car, but i dont have a car at the moment so thats the best i can do! :lol:

Back to the top

shortie said

my pushbike is slower than your car, but i dont have a car at the moment so thats the best i can do! :lol:

bet my cars slower than your push bike want a race?

hello!

Back to the top
yeah ok up the strip, full suspension or racer? :lol:

Back to the top

tomo320 said

nahhh you can take as many cars as you want….
you cant copy and paste yourself out of this one :D

I physically can't - I can only drive one at a time! I still don't understand what you mean by copy and paste my way out of it? If anything, its double clicking, etc…

Back to the top

MK1 Diesel Insurance

Hi,

l read your insurance hassles, l`ve a MK1 1.6 diesel caddy,the insurance for the straight 1.6 was ?115 last year, since then l`ve put a 1.6 turbodiesel into it recently… the renewal is due and it`s …?123 fully comp

l`m insured with auto net, they`re an agency…..insurers are AXA…try them.

hope this helps..

kenny

if life was meant to be easy l`d be on an island with…..my mk1 and penelope cruz…

Back to the top
Did you sort out the insurance in the end mate ??

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.