Skip navigation

New Guy

Back to the top

New Guy

Heya guys iv just brough my self a mk1 golf gti cabroilet

heres some pics! (hope this works!)

i also have a couple of questions if anyone can help!

where can i get an exhust sytem for it (not powerflow!)

and can anyone suggest what wheels i should buy for it i have around ?600 to spend on wheels and tyres!

Many thanks

mark

Back to the top

Back to the top
yeah i like the look of them but i also like ronal turbo's! so im not 100% sure what to get

Back to the top

exhausting

Hi and welcome
if you have just bought your gti if its like mine it will consume you and your bank balance if your not careful  :D
why don't you want a power flow?
i have had one fitted to my gti and it don't sound like a boy racer due to the way they made it for me but god it sounds good and there was an marked improvement in performance this could be due to the 4into one manifold as they are supposed to give an extra 10% bhp prob the best 300 quid i have spent.
all the best and hope to see you at a meet sometime..

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
you got any pics of you system?

Back to the top

system

At the moment my car is in the garage with drive shaft seal problems and it looks like it could be there for the next week as the seals are hard to get hold of  :cry: .
the garage that did my exhaust had a large selection of stainless tail pipes so it don't look like a dust bin stuck out the back they asked what sort of noise coming out the back so they could taylor make it to what i wanted the only thing that sounds a bit is when the car is on tick over it pops a little which can make passers by look but when the car is accelerating away it sounds very crisp mind you i have a TSR donnington engine which is bored out to 1.9, karl shmitt pistons, polished & ported, high lift piper cams, induction kit and balanced crank  so it might sound different than yours if its standard.
sorry mate in rambling on here no I've no pics at the moment.
what part of UK are you?
Andy..

Back to the top
sounds like you have spent a fair bit of money on your car then! im from devon, i want to get a set of ronal turbo's for my car i think,
do you know of any places that sell them?

Back to the top

wheels

Sorry mate cant help there you might get lucky on ebay my wheels where cheap from motorworld with tyres and they look quite good i think will send you a pic when i get on my PC  as I'm on the laptop at the moment on the sofa nodding off zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz  must go to bed been up since 5am

Back to the top
Gorgeous car!  Love the colour and she looks super minted!   is that the original paint?  (sorry bit naive about that stuff)  :oops:

Pauline

Back to the top
top car love the colour :)
I always wanted a magnex for no other reason than you can say it's the same as an aston but the 3.5 tailpipe looks a abit big sounds nice deep not too loud I'll  probably go for a milltek

as for rims anthing polished to go with all that chrome you wont go wrong I'm also liking the retro black fox ones with diamond cut faces just now :dance:

Back to the top

More pics!!!

i gave the car a good polish today, im going to try and clean the roof up abit tomorrow. anyone recomend anything to use on it??

Back to the top
I used "Muc Off"  sort of pink stuff in a spray bottle, to clean it with and a stiff scrubbing brush.  I am sure you can get it at Halfords the muc off stuff.  

Then covered the whole roof with half a bottle of clear bumper gel.  my roof is pvc, and it looks great now…deep joy!!   8)

Back to the top
Hi there and welcome! I LOVE the colour of your cab!  :D

I use Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care on my hood after I've washed the car - it gets the ingrained muck off and protects the vinyl too! When I've done it I usually get comments like 'Oh…you're roof's blue then? I always thought it was black!'  :oops:

Rach  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Mark__GTI said

sounds like you have spent a fair bit of money on your car then! im from devon, i want to get a set of ronal turbo's for my car i think,
do you know of any places that sell them?
Try www.rennsport.co.uk  or www.demontweeks.co.uk for your Ronals.

Back to the top
i brought a set of ronal turbo's from www.dubmeister.co.uk , i also recieved my coilovers today, car will be going down the garage on monday to have the cambelt done and a full service, also it needs a new cv boot, and ill get the coilovers fitted  :D

Back to the top
ill get some more pics up as soon as its had some bits fitted to it.

Back to the top

Rach_GTI said

Hi there and welcome! I LOVE the colour of your cab!  :D

I use Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care on my hood after I've washed the car - it gets the ingrained muck off and protects the vinyl too! When I've done it I usually get comments like 'Oh…you're roof's blue then? I always thought it was black!'  :oops:

Rach  :mrgreen:

i used some of that Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care made the roof, it came up quite nice!

Back to the top
lowered the car today and got some new clips that go on the roof, i will post up some pics in a min

Back to the top
Lowered

New clips

Back to the top
new parts for the golf!!!!  :D

New wheels!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.