Skip navigation

my 'other' car

Back to the top

my 'other' car

Tian said

I can only vouch for cars I've owned and the Passat would be way down my list if you're after a even slightly sporty ride. I had a 1.8T Sport with the lowered suspension and that was still reluctant to go around corners. As for the Volvo, I have an S60 as a family car and it's brilliant. 2.0 T with everything on it. It's discreet and goes through the motorway like a hot knife through butter. Volvo are a well kept secret.

Tian :wink:

mines is a 20vT sport and its been on track at a club gti track day albeit on 17" wheels and i was beating the times of track day mk2 16v golfs some of which were fully stripped. The standard sports suspension on them is very poor,mines came already lowered on spax rsx damp.adj suspension and it was still poor,one set of coilovers later and youd be surprised,my friends a police technician and ran around in an S40 for a couple of years which drank juice ate tyres cost a bomb to service and generally caused him lots of bother,he now runs a 130pdi bora and wont go back

as it is im only selling mine to get funds to restore my mk1 as when i bought it the passat was only supposed to be for parts mobility to and from the powdercoaters,now its too damn good to be used for that but i would definately recommend one and would easily take another one on in the future. In saying that the 20vTs can be doing with a remap or such to get them up to 200 bhp as they get a bit flat at 130-40

Back to the top
I've also owned a S40 but in T4 form   :lol: and that ate tyres but with that power through the front wheels what do you expect!?!? The S60 is a much more advanced machine and obviously much newer, the S40 was only based on a lowly Galant after all. As for the Passat, I'm sure yours handled well with vastly uprated running gear but the standard Sport is worse than poor, Lord only knows what the ordinary suspension set up is like.

Tian  :|

Back to the top
very boaty lmao,thats why i said 'buy mine' lol,i know the ovlov's aint bad the police tend to be quite choosy when picking traffic cars  :wink:

Back to the top
Topoftherange, cheers for your advice on the Octavia VRS Estate, so far this is one of my favouite options! Trouble is, I just called a garagae with a normal Octavia Estate (TDi Ambiente) and the guy told me the length of the space was 5-foot bob-on, so it's it's a no-goer on the skoda front  :x
(Unless the VRSs' are longer? Surely not?)

Spied an ex-police v70 on the way home though last night, going to have a bit of a looksee now…

1984 Mk1 GL Cabriolet, black.

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

probably an RV point to go off and smash some peoples doors off :wink:  dunno i wasnt there, i was busy dodging missiles and police horses and dogs at Lydd Camp riot training :lol:  its great being petrol bombed! it lets you know your alive and 6 x 2 tonne horses running up behind you keeps you on your toes :roll: their brakes arent too good :lol:  bit like a mk1 :wink:

they don't have rusty filler necks too, do they?

Back to the top
:lol: Very probably, i could see some rusty stuff falling from the rear 8O

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
not hijacking just need to get dubboys attention you have pm :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.