Skip navigation

GTI INTERNATIONAL CLUB STAND 16/17 June

Back to the top

GTI INTERNATIONAL CLUB STAND 16/17 June

butler said

If i put my mk1 on the stand on sunday do you have to stay all day..? i know that at UD it was difficult to get away..

Nah not judging by last year mate - I went about half 3 / 4  ish

Back to the top

inters

im going but will buying a ticket on the day got things to get done like incresing my boost to unsafe levels :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
I have a favour to ask…..

I'm taking my car down the strip a couple of times (both days) and I need to unload the boot and 'borrow' some space in someone else's, who's going to be on the club stand. Also I was planning to bring along the marquee, so that our club area stands out a bit, and to offer shade/shelter (you never know….) But the box it comes in, is quite bulky (needs seats folded down). So I'm wondering if anyone could store the following:

3 wheels & tyres (I'mm swap my front wheels for the strip, + regular spare)
Squishy overnight bag
A couple of tools
Empty box for the marquee

Thanks in advance!

Back to the top
You can put what will fit in my cab on sat if you like,  i'm not sprinting.

Banner

Back to the top
I will be :wink:

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Be good to catch up Kriss, been along time!

I'm bringing the banner BTW

Banner

Back to the top

ew said

You can put what will fit in my cab on sat if you like,  i'm not sprinting.

Cheers! I'll probably be able to fit most of it in there, I could leave the box for the marquee outside, say under the merchandise table. I assume, it would be useful to bring the marquee???

Back to the top
I think it would, bloody hot up there last year!

Banner

Back to the top

paul_c said

I could leave the box for the marquee outside, say under the merchandise table. I assume, it would be useful to bring the marquee???

The tables deffo coming this time Paul ?? :lol: ,  and YES the marquee is useful,  the marquee is a god send, and did a stirling job for the clubs image at All Types  :wink: .  What's the arrangement for the shape of car parking on the stand area this time? Someone mentioned semi circle, could try 4-4-2, though I prefer 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 would leave Dave isolated up front  :mrgreen: , god I'm missing the footie season already  :banghead:

Back to the top
As I understand it, Dubboy has the merchandise, he might have sent on the club banner to ew or someone else for Bristol Volksfest, though? I've just had a look and Hairyarse is only coming on Sunday, I don't know who's organising this so…

Does anyone have a foldaway table, and is coming Saturday?

Back to the top

ew said

I'm bringing the banner BTW
:wink:

I dont have a table tho :(

paul_c said

I don't know who's organising this so…

Looks like it's all in place, i'm sure it'll be ok :)

Banner

Back to the top
Yeah I'm sure it will be fine too……

By the way, anyone travelling down from NW, early Saturday morning, and what time do we have to be at the stand by?

Back to the top

gti inters website said

Opening times
The event formally opens to the public at 9 am, although the main Bruntingthorpe site gates will be open from 7.30 am
to avoid queueing on the public road. Only traders and special pass holders will be able to gain access to the GTI International
site before 9 am.

See you at 2 min to 9 then :lol:

Banner

Back to the top

paul_c said

Yeah I'm sure it will be fine too……

By the way, anyone travelling down from NW, early Saturday morning, and what time do we have to be at the stand by?

I'm comming down from Preston way Paul on Saturdday. I haven't worked out what time I'm leaving yet but should be between 5:30 and 6;00. Aiming to get there around 8:30 like last year.
Wish I could remember what time I left then 'cause it worked perfectly.

Dave

Back to the top
Cool, was hoping. I think GAMMYGOLFGTI is from NW too, but a little further south? Do you want to meet at the Knutsford services? And possibly stop again at a convenient services for Gammy???

Back to the top
So if we`re on the club stand do we get in any earlier or queue with everyone else…? I`m travelling down on sat afternoon from manchester

Back to the top
Butler, I got there early last year (7.45am, and I wasn't showing as the mk1 wasnt running) and only the cars on club stands were allowed to go in, they were going to make the rest the public wait till 9 am, but must have seen the queue and let us in at 8.30 instead  :) .

Paul, I be honoured  to convoy with you and Dave, Hilton Park Services or Corley will be good for me  :) , just work out a time that suits and I'll be there.   I might still have an old wallpaper pasting table, dont take it as deffo just yet as I haven't seen it in years but I'll have a look for it tomorrow and let you know.

Back to the top
I am coming from manchester

Back to the top
OK For DaveM and GAMMYGOLFGTI, I reckon on these approx times:

6:30 Knutsford Services
7:15 Hilton Park Services
8:30 arrive GTI Inters

This assumes we'll use M6 rather than M6 Toll, but it should be pretty clear at those times in the morning. Anyone else (in a Mk1 or other VW) want to hook up at the services?

Back to the top
7.15 am is fine by me.

Just been looking around the garage and no sign of the pasting table, so were still missing a table, going to check in the loft shortly but I very much doubt it's up there.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.