Skip navigation

NWM19 - cancelled/merged into All Types (Sunday)

Back to the top

NWM19 - cancelled/merged into All Types (Sunday)

If we stick to the 'regular' date of the 3rd Sunday of each month, NWM19 would be on 20th May, which clashes with All Types show (Rhyl, North Wales). Here's a couple of ideas:

* have "NWM19" at All Types
* switch to evenings, for example 3rd Thursday of each month, at the regular place (Preston Brook pub). This would be 17th May, say 7:30pm.

For info, the All Types show thread is here, and I am the co-ordinator for the club stand. If you want to be on the club stand, PM me your details!

Back to the top
What is the all types show? Still a bit new to this volkswagen game, but hazarding a guess i'd say watercooled and aircooled vehicles all brought together in one big show. quite fancy going to Rhyl, but i'm guessing it would'nt be as cosy as preston brook. Also, i got the first post here( except paul) Ha ha!!!  :mrgreen:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top

holeinmk1 said

What is the all types show? Still a bit new to this volkswagen game, but hazarding a guess i'd say watercooled and aircooled vehicles all brought together in one big show. quite fancy going to Rhyl, but i'm guessing it would'nt be as cosy as preston brook. Also, i got the first post here( except paul) Ha ha!!!  :mrgreen:

It would be worth going to All Types, its only a little further (and a nice drive out there to boot!) Its 50/50 air cooled and water cooled, there's plenty of trade stands, secondhand parts stalls, club stands and show cars there. I've committed to the club stand but if you don't want to commit, and there's space when you arrive, we might be able to sneak you on!

Back to the top
Sweet, a restoration in progress might be kinda good, it would certainly make me get those wings on order and fit the bonnet i've had in me garage for the last month on the car. Count me in.  :wink:

Gone, but not forgotten;

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top

Re: NWM19

paul_c said

If we stick to the 'regular' date of the 3rd Sunday of each month, NWM19 would be on 20th May

For the last few months I've been telling myself to find the time and pop up to Preston Brook, it'll be a nice canter up the A49. Last month work commitments didnt allow, then this month Gti Spring Festival clashed and now a clash with All Types :doh: ………one month I'll get to your meet, even if I dont really qualify as NW (your meet is closer than the Midlands)  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
come up to the lakes some time in summer guys, then  can hopefully tag along :D :lol:

Back to the top
Not a bad idea that shortie, We got us a convoy good buddy! 10 4

Gone, but not forgotten;

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top

holeinmk1 said

Sweet, a restoration in progress might be kinda good, it would certainly make me get those wings on order and fit the bonnet i've had in me garage for the last month on the car. Count me in.  :wink:

Can you PM me your name, address and mobile telephone number, so I can pop a club display stand pass in the post. I'm taking mobile numbers so I have a fighting chance of co-ordinating something in the morning! Thanks!!!

Back to the top
I'm going to the alltypes show at bodllwelldnlnlndddyd castle!!!

I think the thursday thing for the meet wil be good also.. its not clashing with the Saturday nights or my weekend away with the fella…
but thats my opinion!

Gary is now garaged, Baby is on her way.
Next up is marriage, Who knows when i'll get him out to play!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
I fancy meeting up before hand for a few hours to, be good to see all the people! Also be good for those who can't make it to the all types show.
Also, paul, i sent you a pm regarding above.

Gone, but not forgotten;

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
pm'd you Paul

Pete

85 Golf 1.6 GL Cabrio

86 Fiat Regata 70 Comfort  

88 Fiat Uno 70SX

04 Mondeo Ghia X TDCI

76 Series 3 Landrover LWB Pickup

Back to the top
Hmmm, PM not received boltonpete!

Ok its been somewhat quiet, but I'd suggest we do move to Thursdays, ie 3rd Thursday of the month, meaning it would be on Thursday 17th May. Does around 7:30-8:00pm sound okay? It misses the busy traffic and gives you a chance to get home from work, but is early enough to catch the sunlight and gives us enough time to make it worthwhile.

Back to the top
Sounds minty fresh to me matey  8) i'll pop down for a chinwag

Gone, but not forgotten;

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
The wheel just keeps on turning Paul!!!!

See you there for this one, work permitting.  :wink:

Dan

Back to the top
I'll get that in the diary

Back to the top
Yep, I had forgotten to update the regional page up until now! So its all confirmed, we're switching to weekday evenings due to the shows etc. We are at:

Date: Thursday 17th May 2007
Time: 7:30-8pm
Place: Preston Brook Pub

and a good number of the NWM guys will also be at All Types (20th May), so no worries if we don't see that many on the evening meet, we'll catch up in Wales! Hopefully we'll get around the same or more as last time though.

Back to the top
Just a reminder guys, this is tomorrow night at Preston Brook. So far I think we have definites:

holeinmk1
MATTG
Dano
Paul_C

any more?

Back to the top
Sorry guys and gals i won't be able to make either all types show or the meet tomorrow. I'm really sorry as i was looking forward to both but i'm having some engine trouble at the moment (carb problems) and whilst i have a weber to go on the car i'm awaiting the fitting kit and until then i'm restricting the car to local journeys only. All being well i will DEFINETLY be at next months meet.  :banghead:

Gone, but not forgotten;

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
I?m coming to the all types show.  :D

Went last year and had a wicked day! Apart from the fact it rained all day. But let?s hope that?s not the case this year.

Unfortunately wont be in the mk1 as its still in mid resto.  :(

82 MK1 GTI (Restoration in progress)

96 Clio daily drive untill mk1 is done (french bag of bolts)

Back to the top
No show for me tonight either. Work committments etc blah blah blah..

Will be in the VIP Lounge that is Dougelove's tent on Saturday night though!!

Dan
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.