Skip navigation

GTI spring festival

Back to the top

GTI spring festival

that'll be the sub 16 sec 1/4 mile gti festival.

Back to the top

wooders said

that'll be the sub 16 sec 1/4 mile gti festival.

Yep!  Save your bald tyres, get another 1/10 from the sticky tarmac!

Banner

Back to the top

ew said

dan69 said

better luck next year as i was desperate to run up the strip.

It's the Gti Summer Festival on 8th July!

VW Action

It would make sense for someone to book the club stand for it now! I feel there's a definite interest in this show.

Back to the top
good idea. we had a pretty good turn out. though i was only parked for as long as it took me to sign up for the sprint. next time, i think we should agree to all meet at the cars for lunch or something, take some photo's and have a chat. eat pies, drink beer, sherry for the shiela's etc…

Back to the top
I was also on the DM stand, met a few of the usual suspects and a few new faces  :y:

stacey said

I know i wasn't on your stand.. I was on dub marines but i walked past all of yours loads of times.. and no-one spotted me!  :cry:

Didn't even realise you were on here Stace, I loiter in the mods section  :wink:

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top

vwsparky said

stacey said

I know i wasn't on your stand.. I was on dub marines but i walked past all of yours loads of times.. and no-one spotted me!  :cry:

I thought I recognised the cabby, it was yours all along! At one point you were sitting on the roll bar…living the dream ;-) You should have come over and said hi! :-)

Julia

I would of done but i go all shy!!!!!!!!!  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Gary is now garaged, Baby is on her way.
Next up is marriage, Who knows when i'll get him out to play!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
great day
The girl with the Blue cab with quality wheels!
The guy with the white mk1 BBS rims
The guy with a black mk1 with Pirelli's
and there was another blue cab with 2 girls, and one guy doing a run in his silver mk1!?

Thats me in the silver mk1 G60, the blue cabby is my wife`s claire, the other girl is one of our mates, (vw polo owner)

Had trouble finding 2nd on the strip, so 3rd run i did i tried to start in 2nd gear, big mistake, looked a right plumb :oops:

This weekend i will be mainly taking gear selector apart

Good to see friendly faces :lol:  

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.