Skip navigation

What seats are you all using?

Back to the top

What seats are you all using?

Hey y'all

As topic says really :)

My driver seat is rather uncomfortable in the GTi where I think it's just falling apart so looking to replace them, but not sure what with. Trying to find something authentic looking that will suit the MK1 but still be really really comfortable.

I'll probably replace the front seats then re trim the rear seats to match, or I could get my seats re padded and trimmed, not sure how comfortable they were new?

My school tutor once told me, Pictures are worth a 1000 words.. So get your pics up of your seats please :)

Cheers

Adrian

Back to the top
the standard GTI seats are really good seats. I would get them re-trimmed.

Back to the top
i replaced my worn out drivers seat due to bolster wear, one that wasnt worn, so much stiffer, and a damn sight more comfortable…makes a big diff do how old they are, u cud put mk1 or corrado seats in, fronts are straight fit, rears require modding apparently
nope, no pics.

Back to the top

hello!

Back to the top
i am using the same as  rov716y rover 214 sei 3 door seats made to fit :D  :D

Back to the top
I'm using a set of old school recaros in grey and red the ones with big head rests and recaro badges like opel mantas :D  used to have.
 the rears are trimmed to match.
very comfy and look authentic  :D

Back to the top
I bought a set of mk3 colour concepts recaros they have the heated elements/relays attached but I never got round to hooking them up but they were very comfortable.

Pic is of worst condition seat, they were going in for a retrim if I had finished the car, they were also height adjustable.

Subframes were modded by previous owner to slot into a mk1.

Back to the top

rov716y said

Sorry but i have to bring this one back to life. I have those seats and i need help to understand how to fit.

Please please please help me rov716y.

Back to the top
No pics im afraid but my tombstones are comfy as hell and look the shiz.All you need to do is chop the sub frame from your old seats and weld to the bottom of the tombstones.If i was to change from that id go back to stock and mod them so make whiplash seats :D

Back to the top
im using a beetle rear seat as a bench seat but in a caddy so no rears

Back to the top

rov716y said

what are these like to fit?any idea if theres any problem getting them in a cabby…….they look great and as cheep as chips

Back to the top
when I have the money to sort everything out on mine, I am going for a set of these, My cabby GTI seats are ok, but the mechs are a bit old and starting to go. These  have an old school look to them

http://www.corbeau-seats.co.uk/road_gts.htm

Back to the top
Audi TT's here!

1989 1.8 Karmann Clipper  

2006 2.0T Seat Leon FR

1990 Suzuki TL 1000R  (just Thrown it Down The Road)

Back to the top
Got these in mine 20 yrs old and never been sat in :D

Back to the top
Recaro speed in mine

Back to the top
Cobra Monaco S seats in back, with 3" 4 point FIA harnesses  8)

I wouldnt have anything else for thashing around in, unless it was another FIA seat

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top

mk4 golf gti seats, with my car slammed on coilovers the thick seat bases add comfort bk into driving.

Back to the top
corbeau seats

Back to the top
These in mine.

Back to the top
mk2 gti leather in mine

1.3 Driver - 1.8t in progress
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56551

Daily driver : e36 325 tdi se / slammed on konis and bbs rco401's
Daily offroader : discovery 1 6" lift monster :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.