Skip navigation

Young'uns insurance

Back to the top

Young'uns insurance

hey guys, don't get insured…..just be real safe, k?

ok, some real advice….

….pass plus - get to know your driving instructor well, and ask him to give u a pass plus certificate (maybe he'll charge u ?50 or so, but don't pay more than say ?100 - as that how much it would cost) and now get insured for much cheaper, alternatively, actually do the pass plus course(waste of time IMO, over a couple of weeks, and get the certificate).

Try and get a parent insured on your golf and be a named driver, work on your NCB when it doesn't cost ?2k + to be the first named.

Good Luck with all your driving tests and quests to be legal road users.

One things for sure, you've picked a cool first car  8)

Cheers,

Uncle Tony.

'83 Black GTI Cab on BBS RAs - DreamBoat 3000'

Resto = http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67552

Back to the top
Ahh man i remember the pain of insurance lucky im old enough to get pretty cheep insurance now well 23. Ive had my 1.8 GTI for 3 years first year i had it was ?1700 next year ?900 and now ?390 :lol: my tip is add a woman to the policy mum, sister, nan, girlfriend, wife or who ever altho wife or girlfriend is best especially when they live with you made a difference of ?250 to mine.

Back to the top
Ahh man i remember the pain of insurance lucky im old enough to get pretty cheep insurance now well 23. Ive had my 1.8 GTI for 3 years first year i had it was ?1700 next year ?900 and now ?390 :lol: my tip is add a woman to the policy mum, sister, nan, girlfriend, wife or who ever altho wife or girlfriend is best especially when they live with you made a difference of ?250 to mine.

Back to the top
i couldnt get insured by my current insurance company Liverpool Victoria, they wanted me to be 25 to insure my '86 1.8 gti 'cc' convertible

and after looking around there were loads of quotes for over ?1,000

im 21 with 3yrs no claims

so after looking around a bit more Churchill came out the cheapest

OOOOOhhhhhhhhh yes **sorry couldnt resist**

?605 fully comp 7k milage alowance

Bargain !

Back to the top
im also finding it hard to get insured just bought an 83 driver 1.3 the young lady i bought it off said it was her first car and said she only paid ?1200 with liverpoolvictoria so i got a quote from them they didnt remember the car and quoted me ?3800 fully comp with ?500 excess and adrian flux wont insure me  :banghead:

volkswagens dont leak they mark their teritory

Back to the top
my 1.5 golf insurance is ?800

im 20 and 1 years no claims :P

Back to the top
Highway Insurance Group are quite cheap. Try hastings.com they're like an insurance search engine that will get you the best quote. I've heard Tesco are meant to be fairly cheap as well. hastings.com is definitely worth a look tho. it was an insurance broker - friend of the family - who recomended it to me.

Back to the top
Would insurance be more compared to a normal car cause mk1 is a classic?

Back to the top
Chris what company u with???

Back to the top
I Have an '88 1.8 Golf GTi cabriolet, the cheapest I Managed was either £2,282 with £950 excess or £2300 with £450 excess. I'm only 18 but its not bad for saying its a 1.8 xD

Finn Morten

Back to the top

insurance

im 20 and iv got a mk1 1983 gti for my first car £2000 fully comp lol expensive but worth the money lol

Back to the top
Thats actually quite cheap for gti as your first lol

Whats the mileage limited too. All mods declared?

Jon.

Back to the top
I'm currently paying £2067 on my 1.3 driver.  I'm 17 and passed my test 2 weeks ago.  But i rang up about pass plus and have been told it will knock about £400 off, so for the £120 to do pass plus its well worth it.  That would knock my insurance down to £1667 with me as the main driver and my dad as a named.  £2000 value on the car and 8000 miles.  Thats with the co operative insurance.

Alex
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.