Skip navigation

Newbie from Llanelli

Back to the top

Newbie from Llanelli

Hi all,

Finally a decent site just for the MK1 !!! :D

Anyway i'm a newbie here, and just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm an absolute dub nut, owning a MK2 8v, MK2 16v, A standard MK1 GTI 1983, non campaign, in lhasa green & the latest addition for the missus to get the babs around is a MK4 polo 1.6L 3dr !!!!

I've now owned my MK1 GTI 6 year's, but unfortunately she's not seen the light of day, being parked up in my garage with handbrake off.

But this year im gonna make the time to put her back on the road, but i need a few bits guys, can anyone help me ?

I need the side trims, (black strips, or chrome) A decent front carpet in black,( my vinyl section on drivers side is slightly holed) A cabby boot lock and key, A rear passenger side arch, a decent bonnet, a decent bootlid, a 5 speed box, tailgate gas struts & more ??????

Anyway cheers guys

James  Llanelli,South Wales. 8)

I FEEL THE NEED, THE NEED FOR SPEED !

83 GTI 1.8 8v

90 GTI 1.8 16v

05 Leon TDI 110-now 150

Back to the top
Hi James, nice to see someone else from South Wales on the forum, I was starting to think i was the only one :lol:

Can't help with any of the bits that you want, but i am interested in forming a South Wales meet 8) , i saw your post on another thread.

Do you know any Mk1 drivers in S.Wales? where abouts does everyone meet?

Ross

Back to the top
Welcome to the site James!

Keep an eye on the for sale section and maybe stick a couple of threads up in the wanted section.   Otherwise, have a look on ebay as you may be able to source most the stuff there.  Good luck with the hunting.

Danny

Mk1 GTi White Cab '86

Mk4 TDi

Back to the top
Hello and welcome James. Im sure you'll manage :mrgreen:

Ross - Dom is from brecon but currently outta the country and there are a few walesians on here, your not that arare breed! :wink:  :mrgreen:

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
welcome to the forum mate.
  :D
you can buy a whole set of side trim new from various places.

i have a couple of spare bits if you just need one or two bits though.  :wink:

Back to the top
Hi guys,

cheers for the welcome !

Ross im from Llanelli, unfortunately i dont know any MK1 drivers in the area ( everyone has MK2/3's)

Yeah really interested in setting up a regional meet though, already in the process of organising a venue, cant see any prob's though as club GTI swansea meet there !

If you know anyone who drive's a MK1 then get them on here to show interest and hopefully i can organise it !!!

83 GTI 1.8 8v

90 GTI 1.8 16v

05 Leon TDI 110-now 150

Back to the top
i'm from glanamman near ammanford.

got a mk1 cabby mid resto at the moment, not updated here for a while though. search for "nose dive 16v".

theres' a more local dub forum for our area that has regular meets ect, but they include vans, polos and golfs… and corrados, scirrocos. lol

great bunch of guys and good for parts ect.

this site is awesome too but it's a bit difficult for us walians to drive to england on a sunday afternoon to pic up a waterpump pulley or something similarly daft. lol

try the HTTuning forum for a more local bunch.

http://httuning.10.forumer.com/index.php  and say that chriselias272 sent ya!

you can see a build thread for my car at http://httuning.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3026

Back to the top
Hey Chris, look's like you got you'r work cut out with the conversion.

Lookin to do the same thing with mine soon !!!

Did you pick the cabby up from John Davies car's in Burry Port ?

If so i used to know the previous owner when i lived in Pembrey and Burry port.

83 GTI 1.8 8v

90 GTI 1.8 16v

05 Leon TDI 110-now 150

Back to the top
hi and welcome i'm from south wales aswell so maybe we can help each other out lol

Back to the top
join the other forums too - i spend far more time on there!!

the cabby did spend sometime down Burry port. I used to live down there (but before i had the cabby).

Get on the other forums and come to one of the breakfast meets. usually go down pitstop cafe j46 on a saturday morning.

Back to the top

honestal said

hi and welcome i'm from south wales aswell so maybe we can help each other out lol

of course - join the other forum and there'll be loads of us for help. always popping around eachother to sort out probs etc.

not trying to stop using this one. this is a great site but the other one is a little more local. thats' all.

Back to the top
i am deffo goign to join the other one to i had a look at your car and i'm likeing it mine is in the newbe section at the mo its in mid restoration so i'm driving my mk2 around so will have to come down to the meet in that lol

Back to the top
:wink:

hey you joined up!! cool. put a note up in the newbies section and big me up! lol

also put some pics in member rides!

Back to the top
welcome im from south wales aswell a meet would be good

Back to the top
get on HTT ricci!!

Back to the top
Hey Chris, just joined HTT

Will big u up, when i get on and activate it !

Hoping i get my car back from M.O.T  on thur/fri :mrgreen: , if so i would deffo pop down to pitstop cafe on sat.  :wink: (but bear in mind my car hasn't seen light of day for 9 year's)
 :dontknow:  :lol:

83 GTI 1.8 8v

90 GTI 1.8 16v

05 Leon TDI 110-now 150

Back to the top
Hey Ricci, Welcome on here mate !

If i can help with anything, I will !!!

What you running ? Tin top, or Rag top ?

J.

83 GTI 1.8 8v

90 GTI 1.8 16v

05 Leon TDI 110-now 150

Back to the top

BPJ611Y said

Hey Chris, just joined HTT

Will big u up, when i get on and activate it !

Hoping i get my car back from M.O.T  on thur/fri :mrgreen: , if so i would deffo pop down to pitstop cafe on sat.  :wink: (but bear in mind my car hasn't seen light of day for 9 year's)
 :dontknow:  :lol:

i don't think there's a meet saturday. best thing to do is put a post up in events and say hi to everyone - we'll sort on out if everyone is up for it.

It'll be good to get one in ahead of Volksfest Wales!!

Back to the top
running a rag top, white gti

Back to the top
just registered on HTT looks good

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.