Skip navigation

Just collect my Mars red MK1 Campaign

Back to the top

Just collect my Mars red MK1 Campaign

So i collected my 67,500 mile Mk1 campaign at the weekend. Drove it 150miles to liverpool docks to get the ferry to the Isle of Man with no dramas at all. Apart from the ferry crossing which was not good!

The car is original, never been resprayed, i have a huge amount of history proving its been very well looked after for the last 10 years!

Here are some pics

Garage:
83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign - Mars Red - Totally Standard
78 Honda Civic 1200 Hondamatic - Silver
07 Honda Civic ES 2.2 CDi - Black, all the options!

Back to the top
what a beauty she is.

very very nice.  :D

Back to the top
Well done, sweet little car, but most of all because I don't think I'd fancy the ferry at this moment in time!!!

Back to the top
Well done!  Thats a really good buy.  Looks really smart and the mudflaps look great!

Mk1 GTi White Cab '86

Mk4 TDi

Back to the top
Oh god the ferry was really bad, force 9 or 10 at times! really fat lady sat next to me barfing for 2 hours. Crossing was meant to be 4 hours but took 5 and a half..

Would have been funny if i didnt have such a nice car sat in the car deck.. no damage to any cars though which is rare for the IOM steampacket!

The golf still has all the original stickers and mud flaps as has been pointed out already. Its the nicest mars red campaign i found in 5 months of searching! I am really pleased with it.

Just got to get it through our Manx test now, they are really harsh much worse than the MOT. But thankfully after that our cars do not have to have MOTs!

Only things i have found from the drive home was the clutch seemed a bit heavier than it should be, so ill get the cable changed to help it along. And although the brakes are great the pedal is low, from reading the history while waiting for the ferry i found the fluid hasnt been changed since 2001 so ill get that done and have them look at the rear drum adjusters etc.

And it fits in my garage! cant wait to get the polish out and get into all the nooks and crannys spanking it up..

Garage:

Back to the top
Sweet, nice find 8)

Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top
lol was waiting for that question!

According to the mags and the price section on this site i have paid more than i should have. But from what i have seen and found in the last 5 months i think its right on the money really.

?4000

Garage:

Back to the top
One word…perfect!  :wink:  Was it on ebay?

Back to the top
No the previous owner found my wanted add on this forum.

Garage:

Back to the top
Nice mk1 manx! I think the price guide might need an update as I've noticed the price difference is getting larger between an average mk1 and a really clean one. I've just sold mine and got more than the price guide would indicate. Is this the sign of a price hike in quality mk1's that are standard or close to standard?

I think so. :wink:

Hold on to them I wish I could :cry:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
As I keep reminding the guide is a guide not a car valuation. As long as I keep seeing cars consistently sell within category ranges then it's a fair reflection of the state of the market.

What cars are you talking about kins? I think you need to be more specific than "average" and "clean".

The guide does not cater for non-standard or "close to standard" cars. Add some BBS RS or a set of Happich pop outs and you could double the price of many Mk1s but they are still only half an hour away from being a standard car.

Banner

Back to the top
Excellent very nice mate don't think that was too much to pay considering milage and history. Might of gone for more on ebay???

Back to the top
Now that is a great sight, you must be well chuffed!  All original too!

Banner

Back to the top
Nice one...Im happy you got a beauty.They are still out there !!!!!.... :)

Back to the top
Corking Campaign! I think worth every penny in that nick! :wink:

Enjoy it! 8)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
?4000? Im just having a little sit down. (before i crank up eBay!) :wink:

Back to the top
Thanks for your comments everyone.

I am well chuffed with it, so much so i was in the garage last night polishing it up till 9:30pm. Its going to take a bit of effort to detail it but i think it will really be worth while.

Why is it all Mini's, triumphs, morris minors and now it seems MK1 golfs smell the same!?  ;-) its wierd but the golf gti i had 10 years ago smelt the same! lol

Garage:

Back to the top

campaign

Very nice find. Good luck with it.

As someone said they are still out there just a matter of being a good detective.

Mike

MK1 Golf Gti - Mars Red Campaign / MK2 Golf Rallye SE/ MK2 Golf Gti - Black 16v (small bumper) / Corrado - Red G60 / Porsche 911 (Daily)

Back to the top
I would have certainly given ?4000 for it! Lovely car, a real credit to its former keeper! Make sure you look after her!  :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.