Skip navigation

VW Festival, 19th August '07 , near Leeds.

Back to the top

VW Festival, 19th August '07 , near Leeds.

jeees 8:45 on a Sunday :cry: I should be there, got car running gonna take it out for a prolonged spin tonight then i'll know for definate. Looking forward to it (just need to get this day of mind numbing tasks out of the way)  :banghead: If we need more cars, there's always cool ones in the car park we could hijack as they come in, I'll do it if you want

Jonny

Back to the top
Know what you mean am doing the dreaded health and safety today!!!  :x
V early start Sunday though not as early as you, hubby says I?ve got to make him a fry up for breakfast!!!!  maybe is he waxes my car ha ha!
If we borrow cars I may not give them back!  :D

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 Cabriolet 1500 (under resto)

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
Look what some 17 year old idiot in  Ford KA did to my beloved V6 4motion last night. (passed test 4 weeks ago)
I had just picked my 16 month old daughter up from nursery and was near home when he turned right at a junction, no signal and didnt give way. Combined speed. 30 to 40 mph.
Minor injuries only, but wont be going this weekend. I'm mortified, told will be borderline right off. Hats off to top quality VW build quality, air bags and setbelts, though.

83 Mars red GTI

01 V6 4Motion (daily driver)

09 Golf GTI MK6, candy white, superchipped!

Back to the top
:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: absolutely gutted mate! :( :( :(

on sunday can you go in and park in the show area or is it a car park jobby?
really fancy showing the mk1…

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
Spotty little git hope you punched him on the nose!!!!  :evil:  :evil:

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

2003 VW PASSAT TDI 130 SPORT

Back to the top

mk1john said

on sunday can you go in and park in the show area or is it a car park jobby?
really fancy showing the mk1…

Below is a map of the site for the show - if you are not booked on to a Club Stand you can park in the water-cooled VW section.

Why not join us on the Mk1 Owners Club Stand?
All it takes is to get in touch with Littlerolf to sort out a pass and getting to the site before 9.30am Sunday morning.     

Black Cabbie

Back to the top
oooh cheers man-alive, hadn't seen that map, might be up for the club stand, i'll see if my mate is up for it too

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
Hi Mk1john some of us are going to meet up before you are more then welcome to come on the club stand and your mate too. If you want to meet us before we go in then you get your club stand pass off me.

Marsmk1gti that is proper gutting at least you and your daughter are ok thats the main thing.

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
THANKS FOR YOUR SYMPATHY. NOW I REALISE WHY YOUNG DRIVERS GET HAMMERED FOR INSURANCE. SORRY TO LET THE CLUB DOWN. WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT AS I WAS WORKING WHEN GAYDON AND OSWESTRY WERE ON. NEVER MIND, IF ANYONE WANTS TWOO CAMPING AND ENTRY TICKETS THEY CAN HAVE THEM, PICK UP FROM MY HOUSE, WIRRAL.

83 Mars red GTI

01 V6 4Motion (daily driver)

09 Golf GTI MK6, candy white, superchipped!

Back to the top
I would probably hit some one if the drove into my car!

List for stand on sunday is,

Man-Alive
Dowsey
Tickle
Diesel Dubber
Mk1john and maybe a mate
& me

Now we just need to pray to the sunshine gods!

Need something to hold club banner up with anyone got anything better then a couple of chairs??

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
Sorry to hear the news Marsrmkgti, it's bad enough when you prang your own car, let alone when someone else does the damage!
About meeting up, Littlerolf, as I'm autojumbling I'll be there a lot earlier than you lot to dump my stuff in the autojumble area. Do you reckon I can just tootle across the grass to your stand in my car as soon as you lot have arrived? No-one will notice, I'll have my ticket and autojumble pass anyway??  :wink:

Back to the top
Dont see why not, you might even be able to put your car there before we get there sure one of steward people will tell you where to park! (worth a try)

oh Im excited now!!

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
I'll see you all turn up anyway. Hope the weather stays nice!  :pray:

Back to the top
i bet he was well p&^*ed that he hit a dibble, lol

il be there but not in a vw SORRY ,but i will come and say hello at the club stand, i think you all should rite your names on you forheads so i know who you all are lol

Back to the top

foxymk1 said

i bet he was well p&^*ed that he hit a dibble, lol

il be there but not in a vw SORRY ,but i will come and say hello at the club stand, i think you all should rite your names on you forheads so i know who you all are lol
I'm the same foxy i don't know anyone, sure your all a friendly bunch, if not i'll get mini dub to sort ya  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

2003 VW PASSAT TDI 130 SPORT

Back to the top

Back to the top
Is everyone ok to meet tomorrow at 8.45 in the  Harewood arms hotel car park at Harewood? the car park is round the back. Will pm you all my number incase you get lost or anything.
I will be the blonde girl driving the black cabby reg DOY 296Y.

For anyone whos camping or will be there early you should be able to get on the stand ok without a pass just ask one of the stewards where to park.

Just need to it stop raining now so I can wash the car!!!

See you all tomorrow.

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top

harewood house

hi,im fine to put mine on the stand if you have room?? i was on stand at all types,feels like months ago.i may not make it 4 8.45 but defo for 9ish,could nip over and get a pass,

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
yeah that would be cool I think If you just ask the stewards where to go when you come in they will send you our way If not pop over and see us and I will give you a pass.

See you tomorrow.

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
LETS HOPE IT BRIGHTENS UP.SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW :)

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.