Skip navigation

NWM18 - now with date & place confirmed!

Back to the top

NWM18 - now with date & place confirmed!

I'll be there.  :mrgreen:   Paul, why Cheshire 1 and Cheshire 2? Surely the north west section is supposed to encompass Cheshire, G.Manchester and Lancashire, not just Cheshire  :dontknow:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top

holeinmk1 said

I'll be there.  :mrgreen:   Paul, why Cheshire 1 and Cheshire 2? Surely the north west section is supposed to encompass Cheshire, G.Manchester and Lancashire, not just Cheshire  :dontknow:

I suggested it in case someone wants to restart the meets at The Wiggin Tree and call those NWM19, NWM20, etc.

Back to the top
Aah, i see. all is clear now. So are we definetly meeting up with mk2dubclub at preston brook, or is the meet still subject to change?

Gone, but not forgotten;

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
Yes definitely, so long as they'll have us! There is a minor issue that they're doing construction work on the car park (their meet today, was relocated to another pub, which wasn't so good) but I'm thinking it would be done by this time next month.

Back to the top
I imagine it would be done by then, depends what they're having done. on a completely different note, is anyone going to the meet at birch services?, its just round the corner from me and i only found out about it a few weeks ago. just wondering if anyones been before so i know what to expect.  :lol:

Gone, but not forgotten;

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top

Back to the top
The first saturday of every month apparently, i've been trying to find out more info on it, but nothing yet. if my calculations are correct though, the meet would be on saturday the 7th of april. i may just pop down anyway, if the worst comes to the worst i'll have me own vw show with just my car.  :lol:

Gone, but not forgotten;

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top

paul_c said

I'm at the point of despondency here, all I'm trying to do is resurrect the NW meets after they declined last year. I invited opinions, gave plenty of time and carefully counted who wants a meet where, to come up with Preston Brook. It seems that I can't please all the people, all the time.

Anyway, I posted this a while back:

As far as place goes, counting up the above gives:

Preston Brook 5
Wiggan Tree 2 (holeinmk1 I counted you too)
either 1

So, its:

Place: Preston Brook pub
Directions: just off Junction 11 M56, follow the A56 through Preston Brook village, pass the large O2 building on the left then the pub is on the right. Watch for the speed camera, its 30mph limit!
Date: Sunday 15th April
Time: 1pm and onwards

I'll be doing my best to be there at 1pm on 15th April.

Thanks Paul, thats easier for me coming from North Wales. I'll be there is the car passes its MOT for the summer.

1982 Golf Cabriolet GL SOLD!

2005 Renault Modus 1.5 DCi

2004 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9 DCi

1985 Land Rover 90 200Tdi

Back to the top
not heard anything from our forum for a while, its TOOOOOO quiet on the western front for my liking.  8O

Gone, but not forgotten;

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
I've updated the regional page on the side.

Back to the top
I would perferre manchester or thereabouts, been to cheshire quite alot before i took the mk2 off the road.
The fact in my opinon of all different types of dubs meeting up is good idea but this is as it has been stated ia a mk1 golf forum only.
To goto a meet and see a sea of mk1's only would be excellent, i want to learn from others in mk1's and get how-tos etc plus see members in person and there cars in flesh, discuss mods etc.
I am not slaging other vdubs off by all means, loads are stunning motors, I even only let vdubs out in traffic, i have respect for them all.
But as this would be my 1st mk1 meet, mk1's only would be excellent.
Oh well see how it goes
Pete

Back to the top

preston brook meet

:D  don't know anyone but im gonna be there if i can anyway just to see so many mk1's all at once! now dont shout at me but can you belive i almost sold my lil beauty! i know im ashamed!!! but i think it was the fact that as soon as i got her the head gasket went so i had to have the usual work done then put her back in the garage and didnt want to know her anymore… then the first time after that i decided to take her out fot the day and as i was putting her away i tore a hole in the sump which was the last straw thats it FOR SALE! However after having my crappy bm 316i and then the poor mk2 astra cab i went back to my garage for a spring clean and decided to take her round the block for a work out… (sump fixed obviously) and f*#k me i dont remember her being that quick! thats it parts ordered polish out roof down lmao and thats the story of how i fell out and then back in with my mk1 gti cab  :oops:  also im looking for someone in the blackpool area who has a mk1 gti interior and someone who fits new roofs (i already have the roof!) thanks see you all there hopefully! jess

Back to the top
I think we all go through that at some point jess, within a week of buying my 'c', the water pump failed. not a big job i know, but when i'd just bought it it was a bit of a kick in the teeth, i would'nt trade it for the world now though, even if it fell apart a'la clown car style This is my first meet to, sounds like tis shaping up to a good'un.  :wink:

Gone, but not forgotten;

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
Right who are the definites and who, given the region, are the definitely maybes?

I'm a definite!!!

I'd be even more definite if it was a 6am meet then a NWM cruise down to Santa Pod for Spring GTI (There's still time to organise it :)) Anyway, given the number of people who've posted on this thread NWM18 sounds like it's going to be its own little Spring GTI only without the strip and pretty painful drive. Looking forward to seeing the Mk2s and various other stuff that seems to turn up to that meet!!!!!

Mattg

Back to the top

MK1 forever

wow, what a large thread you have mr wolf….

i'm meeting a good friend of mine in manchetser, whose got a lovely cabriolet, for a jaunt into wales that weekend. we both hope to be there on the 15th at preston brook, presuming you're still on for that date, that venue?!?

some meets are all types vw, some are just aircooled, some are just Mk1
(i like 'em all but love my Mk1….)

Back to the top
Well I'm hoping my golf will be out of the paint shop.. its only been in there 4 months!:ouch:! I'm actually meeting up with the Dub - marines.. when i get down there (got a few good mates on there). But i think it'd be brilliant to have a MK1 convoy down there!!

I'm staying at a travelodge though, i'm not camping. I prefer to wash and poo in sanitary conditions!!  :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:   

so if anyone has any ideas of time/ where to meet i think it'd be brillo pads!!!

Gary is now garaged, Baby is on her way.
Next up is marriage, Who knows when i'll get him out to play!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

stacey said

Well I'm hoping my golf will be out of the paint shop.. its only been in there 4 months!:ouch:! I'm actually meeting up with the Dub - marines.. when i get down there (got a few good mates on there). But i think it'd be brilliant to have a MK1 convoy down there!!

I'm staying at a travelodge though, i'm not camping. I prefer to wash and poo in sanitary conditions!!  :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:   

so if anyone has any ideas of time/ where to meet i think it'd be brillo pads!!!

???

Are you saying there's another regional meet, somewhere else, on the same day, that you're off to instead? I know there's SWM20 and GTI Spring Festival on the same day, its the time of the year when there's loads going on etc.

Back to the top

15th April

Just spent Good Friday sorting my cabrio after storing it since September, now taxed and ready to go for the summer! I'll be coming along on the 15th.

Pete

Pete

85 Golf 1.6 GL Cabrio

86 Fiat Regata 70 Comfort  

88 Fiat Uno 70SX

04 Mondeo Ghia X TDCI

76 Series 3 Landrover LWB Pickup

Back to the top
I meant when we get to pod!! :lol:

Gary is now garaged, Baby is on her way.
Next up is marriage, Who knows when i'll get him out to play!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

stacey said

I meant when we get to pod!! :lol:

Ummmmmm but the Pod isn't in the North West?

Anyway…..

Despite Spring GTI Festival going on, hopefully we'll see a good turn out of people on Sunday, it will be the 'debut' event for my newly-converted Golf GTI and if that isn't working, my other Mk1 is, so I'll definitely be in a Mk1 this time! I've not checked the weather yet, hopefully it will be as sunny as today.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.