Skip navigation

Golf GTI 16S (Oettinger). Where can I get one?

Back to the top

Golf GTI 16S (Oettinger). Where can I get one?

I'd seriously look into importing your existing one. After a bit of getting used to, the RHD won't be an issue. It would save all the hassles with selling and buying another car, etc.

Back to the top
karl have you thought about a datsun 240z 8)  got some good examples in the US

Back to the top

dojodubber said

karl have you thought about a datsun 240z 8)  got some good examples in the US

You mean the 1960's Ferrari 250 GTO copy?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/236622

I do actually really like those. :oops:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
no just a standard 240 or early 260z slammed on some wide wolfrace wheels  8)  8)  8)

Back to the top

dojodubber said

no just a standard 240 or early 260z slammed on some wide wolfrace wheels  8)  8)  8)

Like this you mean http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-Datsun-240-Z-39-000-orginal-miles_W0QQitemZ170077097184QQihZ007QQcategoryZ6187QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What a pearler. I do love those cars. Gorgeous styling. 8)

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
OMG! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230089052983&fromMakeTrack=true

$9200 is like ?4500!  8O  8O  8O  8O

Series one E type…. yes please. 8)

Back to the top

kins said

dojodubber said

Like this you mean http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-Datsun-240-Z-39-000-orginal-miles_W0QQitemZ170077097184QQihZ007QQcategoryZ6187QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What a pearler. I do love those cars. Gorgeous styling. 8)

thats the one old chap :drool:

Back to the top
There is a lad on PVW who has the engine from one with a knackered crank.  Get that plus a 1600 Mk1 GTI in white and you are halfway there.  Just need ATS cups and a BBS body kit and you've got all the ingredients you need.

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

There is a lad on PVW who has the engine from one with a knackered crank.  Get that plus a 1600 Mk1 GTI in white and you are halfway there.  Just need ATS cups and a BBS body kit and you've got all the ingredients you need.

Err no. The ATS cups are 14", not easy to find. Then you need all the engine ancilliaries not normally included on an engine (air induction pipes, fuel lines, etc). Then you need an FP gearbox (different ratios), front grille with Cibie spotlamps, front and rear badging, wing badging, steering wheel centre with badge, Oettinger instruments (recalibrated), lower strut brace and DOT 5 brake fluid. Then all you need is to fit a new production sticker and VIN plate to have the right codification.

Banner

Back to the top
i have a set of 14inch cups :dance:

Back to the top

kins said

Topoftherange said

Lives in a Town called Douzillac not far from Bergerac and Bordeux, lovely place and the French in that area are hyper friendly when they know your a Brit, some have good memories!!! anyway i am sorted for holidays 8)  dunno if i fancy driving the cabriolet that far though! although i am sure it woul do it, its cheaper and easier to fly in an hour though!!!

It's harder to spot the 16S's from the air though  :lol:

But there are loads of barns on the ground where he lives so its quite possible theres one hiding somewhere! i am going over in April/May so i will have a good look around and ask some locals, "Bonjour Madam en Monsuir wheres the mk1 16s`s at? there must be a sign in a street somewhere with an arrow on it pointing the way? i sourced my Rallye Golf from Wuppertal in Germany near Cologne so it is now a mission to scour "French France" as opposed to the commercial areas for a Mk1 16S! no chance around Paris or any big towns i doubt

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

dojodubber said

so do I  :dance:  :lol:

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Theres an original white BBS bodykit on ebay at the minute aswell!!!! 1/4 of the way there if you bought it!

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

ManicGTI said

dojodubber said

mine are rare then yours because….  :starwars:

Back to the top

dojodubber said

ManicGTI said

dojodubber said

mine are rare then yours because….  :starwars:

As common as muck. How about the 22" chrome spinning ATS cups with LED valve caps, Innit? Aigght! *Slaps finger*

Back to the top
kins….found this but no pics

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/viewlisting.php?view=2984

thats about ?8050.00

cheers Lee

......golfless......for the moment

Back to the top
Is that a stock engine/gearbox?  :dontknow:

Back to the top

drochesaunders said

With 196 bhp and 6 gear ratios I doubt it…

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

drochesaunders said

With 196 bhp and 6 gear fatios I doubt it…

That's what I was thinking.. the 5 speed box in most Golfs was pretty modern back then!!

Back to the top

leesan said

kins….found this but no pics

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/viewlisting.php?view=2984

thats about ?8050.00

cheers Lee

Oooo :D  Sounds good but what a crap advert. If you were selling something which is a bit special like that you would have thought they would have made a bit more effort with the ad. ?8000 is a lot for a mk1. I bet its nice though he he :D

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.