Skip navigation

Gti Spring Festival - 15th April - Santa Pod Raceway

Back to the top

Gti Spring Festival - 15th April - Santa Pod Raceway

danny_allen said

so no club stand then :(

Dont look that way does it? their must be hundreds of members on here so why isnt anyone willing to do a club display? the cars dont have to be 20k restos made in 1976 or in mint condition!! just clean and presentable.
the apparant lack of support from members willing to attend shows definately lets this club down, i would willingly display mine….but as theres no other takers i will take my other Dub and display with them, this is supposed to be the show season guys someone needs to sort this out, after the abismal showing at Ultimate Dubs people need to motivate themselves and display, or is there some kind of agenda elsewhere? or is it seen that the mk1 owners club is not hip or happening enough for them? without showing members cars and representing the club at shows it will just remain a website! no matter what quality of cars it has

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
How many do you need for a club stand and whats the deal with getting a space Danny ??

G60

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

danny_allen said

so no club stand then :(

Dont look that way does it? their must be hundreds of members on here so why isnt anyone willing to do a club display? the cars dont have to be 20k restos made in 1976 or in mint condition!! just clean and presentable.
the apparant lack of support from members willing to attend shows definately lets this club down, i would willingly display mine….but as theres no other takers i will take my other Dub and display with them, this is supposed to be the show season guys someone needs to sort this out, after the abismal showing at Ultimate Dubs people need to motivate themselves and display, or is there some kind of agenda elsewhere? or is it seen that the mk1 owners club is not hip or happening enough for them? without showing members cars and representing the club at shows it will just remain a website! no matter what quality of cars it has

Bit unfair to have a pop at the club because of this. The fact is, there's around 18 national shows each year, so expecting lots of people to attend each show is somewhat unrealistic. Instead, we unofficially decided to 'focus' on particular shows, so that we can make a strong presence at these ones instead. GTI Spring Festival wasn't one of the shows we were going to focus on, so it was always going to be a case of an 'unofficial' presence, if we were there.

Back to the top
Does everyone agree these are the shows we should 'push' the club at:

All Types (North Wales)
Ultimate Dubs (Telford)
GTI International (Bruntingthorpe, Warwickshire?)
VW Action (Staffordshire)
Tatton Park (Cheshire)
Gaydon (Warwickshire)
Edition 38 (Northampton)
Classic Motor Show (NEC Birmingham)

You probably all missed this, it was posted deep within a discussion on Gaydon.

Back to the top
:dontknow: it wasnt a "pop" it was just a feeling i got, no-one seems interested :dontknow: , loads of people go to the shows in their mk1`s anyway so why not put at least a mini stand on of 5-10 cars and atleast show a presence? instead of parking in the car park!!
Lots of other people dont get to all the shows either, i know i cant go to everyone, so at least there would be a token presence and it would be promotion :dontknow:
chosing only "Elite" venues isnt what its all about surely? maybe i have a different view on the dub scene? i have only been in and around it for 20 years so what do i know :dontknow:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
I'll happily take a virtual 'pop on the chin' for this one.

Pauls right, it certainly difficult to get people interested in shows sometimes and we had intended to focus on certain shows this year. That said, any show thats on we will gladly have a club stand if enough people are interested.

I'll take the 'pop' as I've been so stupidly busy with work and pending house move (next weekend) that I've had no time to focus on any shows this year or Gaydon, so I got a lot of catching up to do! :oops:

If enough people are going it only takes for someone to take responsibility to 'fly the flag' of the club and take along the banner.

Let me know if you're going, Glen (ew) or Debs will have the banner the weekend before for the show at Stansted.

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

:dontknow: it wasnt a "pop" it was just a feeling i got, no-one seems interested :dontknow: , loads of people go to the shows in their mk1`s anyway so why not put at least a mini stand on of 5-10 cars and atleast show a presence? instead of parking in the car park!!
Lots of other people dont get to all the shows either, i know i cant go to everyone, so at least there would be a token presence and it would be promotion :dontknow:
chosing only "Elite" venues isnt what its all about surely? maybe i have a different view on the dub scene? i have only been in and around it for 20 years so what do i know :dontknow:

I see where you're coming from - there will be lots of Mk1s at that event, but the majority of those will be involved with other clubs (probably regional non-model-specific ones?) or not involved in a club at all. It seems that only a minority of Mk1 owners are actively involved and want to promote this club. For example at Edition 38 last year, there were as many Mk1OC forum members who didn't even know about the existance of our club stand there, as there was on it! I guess its just a case of gradually building up the support.

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Let me know if you're going, Glen (ew) or Debs will have the banner the weekend before for the show at Stansted.

Cheers
Andy

The show in Essex is actually the day before this one  8O  (club stand coming along nicely)  I'm trying to free up the Sunday to attend this one too and get the club banner along.  I believe Andy77 is doing both shows aswell.  In any case the banner will be there if the club has a stand!!

Banner

Back to the top
correct Glen im doing both !!!!

G60

Back to the top
you running up the strip on sunday andy? im doing both shows as well but can't decide wether to run the car up the strip or not :dontknow:

Back to the top
Yeah but need to get a few things sorted out before !!!! Be good to see yours go down the strip Dan !!!

G60

Back to the top
I would love to have my car on display, but its not up to the quality of other cars, bit of rust on the rear!!! etc.... etc... :oops:

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
still going to be niggly bits on the car by then, but happy to do club stand, as long as i can sprint. can't go to santapod and not sprint.

Back to the top
Danny, can you still sprint if you have a car on a club stand?

Banner

Back to the top
hiya guys

sorry for the delay in relying, Ive been away at the volksworld show for a few days

Firstly your club stand can be as big as you want it to be, just let me know :)

secondly you can sprint if you are on a club display

thirdly you car doesnt have to be a show car to be on a club stand

fourthly I personally would love this "club" to attend as Mk1's are my particular perversion :)

its your call guys :)

www.dubz-by-dan.co.uk

Back to the top
Well im a definate for a space on the stand then!!!! :dance:

Come on guys we have to REPRESENT!!!!! 8)

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
I can't make this unfortunately, can someone put the name forward to be 'responsible' person and take care of the banner? Send me PM to confirm please!

Cheers
Andy :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Count me in as a definite then.

Back to the top
Good to see more interest in this.  I've been for the last 2 years but with the SeatEnthusiast crowd, although most of my time was spent on the strip.  The standard of cars for the club stands is VERY varied.  Don't feel that your car has to be mint.  Most of the concourse/real show cars are in the show and shine section.

I'm still hopeful to come along.  My car will be out of the paint shop around the 7th of April then it's a full rebuild, MOT and Tax in time for the show :roll:  :lol:

'83 Mars Red GTI

Rolling project!!!

Back to the top
Definites:
dubboy
ant
andy77
dan69
ew
wooders
dubstar74
MattCashmore

Maybes:
oakesy

Looks like enough for a decent stand :D  Keep them coming the more the better,  especially in case of last minute drop outs. Plus we can have a competition for quickest and slowest on the strip :wink:

You got PM Andy.

Banner
There are too many online users to list.