Skip navigation

mk1 golf build ( pics up)

Back to the top

mk1 golf build ( pics up)

mvdevelopments said

does any one know where i can get an inlet manifold for a 1.1/1.3 engine for twin 40 carbs where can i buy it from?looked on rallye design and ebay no luck? :roll: stripping the engine tomorrow to have a lok at the main engine done 160k.

You can definitly get them, Lad off Dubmarines (stanton) used to have twin carbs on his 1.3 mk2.   I believe he got them through his contacts at Regal (of vauxhall Tuning fame, but now do VW stuff as well).  Lad called Paul (TopFuel) works for them.  I think they're sourced from the states though.

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top

manifold

thanks for that mate dropped them an email yester got back to me they can do them for ?165 which is great, thanks for that :wink:

Back to the top
I've got a Genuine VW Motorsport sand cast one lying on my kitchen bench at the moment that I'll take ?80 plus postage for if you are interested.

Back to the top
ok mate cheers is that for 1.1/1.3 head? update head stripped and in the wash tank at the moment also engine blocked stripped, interestingly found chunks out of the water pump!!! slightly worrying but its being stripped anyway,
the final cut out templates have been made also for inner chassis legs so will be sent over the road for making,also gained blanking plates for petrol cap cheers(caddyman)as its being moved behind the number plate,also got the old filler neck off without any rust problems :lol:
 pics up soon as.

Back to the top
Yup - it'll fit a 1.05, 1.1 or 1.3.  It's ex-Polo Challenge Cup.

Here's a couple of pics…

Back to the top

mvdevelopments said

lucky buy today on the dreaded evil bay, o/s/r arch repair panel bought for the sum of ?12.50, a good buy me thinks just the n/s to source now

?15 for the pair from eurocarparts…. Project looking good though.

Megasquirted 1981 Silver 1600 GTI Daily Driver

Still Restoring...

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

Yup - it'll fit a 1.05, 1.1 or 1.3.  It's ex-Polo Challenge Cup.

Here's a couple of pics…

hi mate very interested how much will postage be on top??

Back to the top
hi guys thanks for comments.
 got lots of update pics but im going to chill on posting them up so you lot don't get bored of my post.

Back to the top

mvdevelopments said

got lots of update pics but im going to chill on posting them up so you lot don't get bored of my post.

8O we never get bored of seeing how other people are getting on with they're resto's  :wink:

your's is coming along very nicely indeed…. but is it just me or are your pictures a tad on the small side?  :dontknow: can tell there's alot of detail going into it but it's a little tricky to see

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top

mvdevelopments said

You have a new PM :)

Back to the top
his pics are small coz hes useing his phone cam  :lol:
keep the up dates coming mik  :lol:

Back to the top

PhillTMK1GTI said

mvdevelopments said

8O we never get bored of seeing how other people are getting on with they're resto's  :wink:

your's is coming along very nicely indeed…. but is it just me or are your pictures a tad on the small side?  :dontknow: can tell there's alot of detail going into it but it's a little tricky to see

their off a camera phone bud need to get the digi up and working so better detail :banghead:
oh right i may carry on posting just didn't get alot of feedback good or bad, thanks though :wink:

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

mvdevelopments said

You have a new PM :)

cheers mate pm'd ya back :wink:

Back to the top
hi guys

right an update for you, the bottom end is stripped the block has been in the wash tank so has the crank for cleaning, conrods and pistons checked and shells were in good condition for 160k,
the bottom end is ready for painting,re shelling new rings and gaskets.

the exterior engine parts i.e the mounts, metal covers ,sump, manifold, are ready to go in the shot blasting cabinets and then sent to powder coater and chromer.

ive sourced a carb manifold for the head thanks to(steve) so just got to get rebuild kit and bike carbs sorted. the interior on ebay is going well so the pedal box will be bought so as so the brake pipes can be made.

the shell apart from front panel, bay templates and fuel neck move is all done minimal filler. cheers (caddyman)for popping over.

oh and i got this threw today

Back to the top
looks like im on hand to help again sunday  :lol:

Back to the top
well an update the cabby interior sold for ?350 so the pedal box, poly bushes and wings and door can be bought,so that was a great help,

the smoothing plates should be with start of this week so i can get on with the body work and choose the paint.

Back to the top
purchased a new o/s front wing today should be with me tomorrow, then the arch extensions will begin. :lol:

Back to the top
did you say you are after bike carbs??

saw these on the bay very cheap

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/…10460QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

lhasa green 83 gti tintop MOT passed Aug '14 after nearly 12 years!
Audi A6 3.0 tdi Avant Quattro Le Mans 305bhp 

Back to the top
thanks bidding on them now fingures crossed :lol:

Back to the top
here are the carbs

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.