Skip navigation

mk1 golf build ( pics up)

Back to the top

mk1 golf build ( pics up)

started the engine bay bodywork today got the skuttle panel off after removing hundreds of pot rivets and removed battery tray,washer bottle and expansion brackets,will post pics soon,
also got the roof and all panels sanded down with d/a apart from back plate and bay,another productive day which im happy with,found no hidden extra rust spots and before i left got drivers side sound deading off no rust either :D

Back to the top
ha where tonights progress pics  :lol:
this one is a soild shell and miks a top bloke  8)
good my fingers hert from sanding all those hard to get gaps  :lol:

Back to the top
welcome to the mk1 side, you know the batterys knackered will get pics 2mro :cry: thanks for sanding least you aint gota go cook now!! hope to get the vovlo dun 2mro aswel :wink:  :wink:
know don't fall asleep b4 11pm :banghead:

Back to the top
always on hand to help mate  8)
got to go pic the lady up in a min  :banghead:
at least i get to drive the mk4  8)

Back to the top
hi guys here are the update pics of the work carried out recently on the engine bay and exterior panels, as you can see the offending skuttle panel has been removed, the exterior come up trumps just 50p size holes that need welding.
got the cardboard ready to make templates for the inner wings ready for sheet metaling heres the pics.

hope you like

Back to the top
Good work fella!!  :wink:

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
didnt take long to d,a the old girl :wink: its going to look sweet with the plans u got for it mate  8)

Back to the top
plans for this weekend are - finish removing battery tray,make cardboard templates for chassis,strip engine of everything and start to clean :D ,as always pics will be posted,oh and get the misses to pick the colours hint hint. :mrgreen:

Back to the top
aint u got the missus to pick the colour yet mate  :lol: think the idea u told me sounds a plan mate  8)

Back to the top
the plan is going to be stuck to aswell, show off the skills to the max,and create a master piece to be pleased of :wink: you coming over unit this weekend?

Back to the top
most prob pop in sunday mate  8)

Back to the top
does any one know where i can get an inlet manifold for a 1.1/1.3 engine for twin 40 carbs where can i buy it from?looked on rallye design and ebay no luck? :roll: stripping the engine tomorrow to have a lok at the main engine done 160k.

Back to the top

mvdevelopments said

does any one know where i can get an inlet manifold for a 1.1/1.3 engine for twin 40 carbs where can i buy it from?looked on rallye design and ebay no luck? :roll: stripping the engine tomorrow to have a lok at the main engine done 160k.

I think you'll struggle here. Maybe from a different model (Polos? Probably later head, different inlet design) or from USA tuning firms. Then you're into custom fabrication.

Back to the top
mate of mine wanted to sell me his carbs, set up for a 1.3, they are r6 motorbike carbs, sound bloody awesome, give a bit more power too, already got a custom manifold, fuel pump etc etc with it, think the setup is worth at least 150 or somethign like that

p.m me if your interested as i was meant to be buying them and cant afford it now, if u PM me ill get on to him

Back to the top
you have pm mate :wink:

Back to the top
bike carbs are the way foward  8)

Back to the top
hi guys well here is todays effort pics not alot dun today but every little helps,got engine stripped of head and templates made for smooth bay, also went and picked my cabby up from hiding thnaks to caddyman will post pics up on new comers section

Back to the top
lucky buy today on the dreaded evil bay, o/s/r arch repair panel bought for the sum of ?12.50, a good buy me thinks just the n/s to source now

Back to the top
good find mate  :lol:

Back to the top
you can get them panels new for about 15 quid from your local hadrian panels dealer

hello!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.