Skip navigation

SWM18 - CANCELLED

Back to the top

SWM18 - CANCELLED

Congratulations Kriss!  :D

I'll hopefully be around for the next one. Not going to Dubfreeze, but I have an inside stand place at Ultimate Dubs, are people going to that?

Are we sticking with Cribbs for the next SW meet? Rotating in the order of Cribbs-Taunton-Exeter?

1980 Black GTI - now sold
2002 Black GT TDI 130

Back to the top
Yeah, should be going to that too :D Hux, let me know if you find a good spray shop.

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Will do, I have a quote from Autotec in Andoversford who seem to be good (they had ferrari's and allsorts inside), and they knew what they were talking about too, and I'm going to the VAG place you recommended tomorrow, so I'll let you know how I get on.

Are most SW people going to Ultimate Dubs?

2002 Black GT TDI 130

Back to the top

Daisy said

This was what i thought would happen.

Sorry to say it, but when this was brought up people saying we should have a meet further south, i thought it would have a poor amount of people turning up, which is why Taunton is a good venue bristol too,

So where is SWM19 going to be held,

Oh and Kriss has your wife had the baby yet :dontknow:  if so i hope all is well and i send my love 8)

The last Exeter meet had a good turn out, though there weren't many Mk1s! The weather probably had a bit to do with the low numbers this time, it also clashed with TidyVAG.

I agree that Taunton is probably the most central area for the people that regularly show up. Bristol though is barely in the south west! :mrgreen:  I'm not saying Bristol isn't a good place to meet though. There aren't any other meet venues for hundreds of miles past Bristol either.

As for the next venue… well if we are going to rotate then Cribbs it is!

Back to the top
Only if the numbers dictate we can have it there.  Otherwise Taunton.  We need a poll closer to the time :D

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Well done Chris another boy!!!! and more lost keys (well hidden anyway)!
is he driving yet :lol:

ill be at the next meet, but unsure about shows :dontknow:

I will be at All Types tho.

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
Not yet :lol: Cheers mate.  My 2 year old hate most cars except early watercooled vdubs 8O

I'm off to a few shows this year :D

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Am i right in thinking the next meet is a week on Sunday :dontknow: Where's it gonna be :dontknow:

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
A week on Sunday being the 11th?

In which case I'll be at Ultimate Dubs. and guessing a few others may be also!?  :dontknow:

2002 Black GT TDI 130

Back to the top
ok, what about the following weekend?  Who's up for that?

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Sorry, I won't be in attendance, busy month for me March!

The follwing Sunday I'm running the Silverstone Half Marathon!!  8O

Looks like I'll have to wait for April till I'm next there for the regional meet!

2002 Black GT TDI 130

Back to the top

kriss said

Am i right in thinking the next meet is a week on Sunday :dontknow: Where's it gonna be :dontknow:
Can't believe how quick the months are passing at the moment! I've not been on here much lately. Been trying to spend more time on the '83 in the garage but have spend most of the time in the other garage helping my brother sort out his Polo that he left sat rotting for a year while he was travelling (Gambia red and bird dropping white, mmm :P )…

Anyway :D

So when and where?

shall we start a poll like suggested before?

Back to the top
Hey Guys,
I'm so glad to see there is a MK1 scene in Devon!  My first car was a MK1 1.1C on a Y plate.  I should never have sold it!  That was nearly 10 years ago.  I've been thinking for a while that I should get another MK1, so I'd love to come to a meet in the Devonish area sometime to see some MK1's up close.  I've been thinking of going Diesel as I already run BioDiesel in my Passat.
Hopefully you won't mind me turning up in a 2001 dub!
Cheers,
Huw

Back to the top
hi mate where abouts in devon?

Simon R - YouTube

MGH 178Y - 16v - Gone :(

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
I live in Totnes.  Have lived in Exeter for 4 years while at uni.  Also Plymouth, South Brent, and Ashburton.
Whereabouts are you lot then?  I see from your sigs where you are, but is it just that local area or actually there?

Back to the top
plymouth for me

Simon R - YouTube

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
Will anyone be able to make a meet next weekend? Taunton?

Back to the top
is it taunton is it?
thought that was another two meets away.
ill try if it is. dont know yet hope so, i usually am

Simon R - YouTube

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
Well… Taunton it could be… I'll start a new post with a poll to be sure like was suggested earlier in this thread.

I'm pretty busy at the mo with coursework and trying to get my '83 a bit more sorted and hopefully back on the road for summer. So sorry for the lack of organisation from me. I don't mind organising meets still but anyone else can feel free that has a bit more time. I might not be able to make the next couple of meets :cry: will just have to see.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.