Skip navigation

17th Birthday. Got the result from my theory test.

Back to the top

17th Birthday. Got the result from my theory test.

Its my 17th birthday today, already got my theory test booked for this Saturday (the 20th.) Wish me luck guys, any hints and tips greatly appreciated. Im kind of bricking it about the hazard perception test, although i have done a load of practice im not too confident with it. Just gotta do my best with it.

Cheers guys.

mk1 1.1 C

Back to the top
Good Luck….

I will never forget the feeling of passing my test, best feeling in the world.

Back to the top
Good Luck!!! and Happy Birthday x

Black 1989 Mk1 Cabrio 1.8 auto

Back to the top
Happy Birthday & good luck! It's a great feeling when you pass. You're making me feel old though, May 1988 was my 17th & Aug 30th 1988 was when I passed.

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top
Congratulations. Personally i think the 17th bday is more important than the 18th birthday cause you get to drive. When you take your theory and you do the hazard perception part the voice says if you click too often you get zero score. Dont hesitate to click. As long as you dont mash the mouse you wont get zero. As for driving, learn to drive so that you pass your test then learn to drive in the real world ( lunging into gaps on roundabout etc). This is coming from another seventeen year old who passed in june 06, so its all still fresh best of luck  :y:

Rust isn't c##p, it's lighter than carbon fibre

Back to the top
Congratulations. Personally i think the 17th bday is more important than the 18th birthday cause you get to drive. When you take your theory and you do the hazard perception part the voice says if you click too often you get zero score. Dont hesitate to click. As long as you dont mash the mouse you wont get zero. As for driving, learn to drive so that you pass your test then learn to drive in the real world ( lunging into gaps on roundabout etc). This is coming from another seventeen year old who passed in june 06, so its all still fresh best of luck  :y:

Rust isn't c##p, it's lighter than carbon fibre

Back to the top
dress in a suit and best hair style on your practical.  :wink:  

When i passed mine i got my ex-driving instructor to drop me off at the pub- he wasnt impressed :dontknow:  why i didnt have a car, i could drive tho!

good luck. lucky no7 for me :mrgreen:

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
I agree with Trev56.  I did my hazard perception test for my motorbike license last summer and got a very low score (passed though).  They expect you click on the mouse when the hazard is a pin prick on the computer screen.  I don't think the hazards will be the same but click on everything - pedestrians, cyclists, vehicles overtaking, vehicles coming up to a junction.  It's a lot better to over click than under click.

Good luck!

Mk1 GTi White Cab '86

Mk4 TDi

Back to the top
Thanks. I have a CD that replicates the hazard perception test which i have done so ive had the best preparation possible for it.

Cheers.

mk1 1.1 C

Back to the top
Just click click click  :wink:

Many happy returns.

1983 MK1 Tintop

1968 Karmann Ghia

1994 Passat VR6

1996 Passat Diesel

Back to the top
Happy Birthday mate :y:

Cant help you with the theory test, it was way after my time :( Good luck, i'm sure you'll breeze through.

Banner

Back to the top
Passed my test in 1979 - don't think any advice I could give you would help much!!  :roll:

I do remember how it felt to be told I passed though!  :D

Happy Birthday and Good Luck!

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
Happy birthday young man!

Good luck on saturday. Can't offer any advice though, not part of my driving test either (or my bike test, for that matter)…

'85 GTi Cabriolet
'80 Kawasaki KDX 175
'93 Kawasaki ZZR 600
'97 Chrysler Grand Voyager

Back to the top
Thanks for the kind words everyone.
The advice is greatly appreciated as well guys, has eased some of the worry. I will update this thread with a result on saturday.

Cheers again guys.

mk1 1.1 C

Back to the top
I just passed my theory about a week ago first time  :D , its just common sense really.. if you can try an get one of the dvd's i found that helped quite a bit, good luck.

andy

Back to the top
oh i just read that you already have one of the dvd's, you should be ok then!

Back to the top
Took my theory at 9:30 this morning in Colchester.

And……..

I passed! Got 32 out of 35 on the multiple choice and 59 out of 75 on the hazard perception.
So relieved I dont have that hanging over me anymore. Thanks again for your help guys, just my practical to do now. :D  :D

mk1 1.1 C

Back to the top
:cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

Mk1 GTi White Cab '86

Mk4 TDi

Back to the top
I will have an extra super sunday beer for you overmind, we'll be seeing you on the road in no time I would imagine

Back to the top
Well Done :y:

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.