Skip navigation

NWM 17 - UPDATE with date & place!

Back to the top

NWM 17 - UPDATE with date & place!

I think that numbers are low due to the time of year. If you imagine the North West split in half and a meeting slap bang in the middle of each half, the furthest anyone shoud be travelling is about a quarter of the way accross the area.. Whereas now people are travelling half way… I think in summer we would get as many if not more to attend meets where they didn't have to go so far… I think we should get the idea discussed now so as to put it into place for later on in the year if need be… Lets face it, we did a few drives out last year and a few even convoyed to and from the meets together, so it would be not that much different on the whole anyway! :)

Back to the top
It all depends on numbers......any more in Cheshire/Manchester/Warrington interested?

Back to the top

paul_c said

Maybe we should have something planned to do which makes it more of a 'pull' than simply the cars in a car park - I'm thinking of some kind of theme day like go-karting or something?

This is exactly why I suggested the November 5th bonfire meet. Never mind I went to one!

Back to the top

Dano said

paul_c said

Maybe we should have something planned to do which makes it more of a 'pull' than simply the cars in a car park - I'm thinking of some kind of theme day like go-karting or something?

This is exactly why I suggested the November 5th bonfire meet. Never mind I went to one!

Any suggestions for the next meet at Wiggan Tree then, to spice things up?

Back to the top
Over the past few days i've had a little problem with my flat, which in turn has buggered up my car……

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/staceyquality/mainstreet005.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/staceyquality/mainstreet004.jpg

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

i cant Fng win!!

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Gary is now garaged, Baby is on her way.
Next up is marriage, Who knows when i'll get him out to play!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Does that mean you're coming or not?

Back to the top
well as it stands, the insurance company for the builders are refusing to pay out for their poor building work damaging my car, but i'm tryin to get a couple of quotes to help push things forward!! Still not managed to get my key sorted either, i'm gonna blame them for that also!!

Gary is now garaged, Baby is on her way.
Next up is marriage, Who knows when i'll get him out to play!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Ok I guess we'll put Stacey down as a maybe. At the moment, it stands like this:

Stacey = Leyland - maybe
Dano = Preston
Joelgti = Burnley - Mk2 not Mk1
DjEv = Accrington
Roadkill77 = Blackpool

Kaybee = Leigh, Wigan - will travel

JTVW = Bolton
Diesel Dubber = North Yorkshire (you are STILL welcome!!)

MattG = Stockport - will travel

Paulc = Wirral, Cheshire
Phatz1 = Stockport
Tickle = Warrington
polle = Hyde
walt = Stockport - maybe

I've put JTVW and Diesel Dubber in between, they're equally far from either venue. So it looks evenly split, each centre has 6, with 1 maybe and 1 who is prepared to travel. If you use a nominal number of 6 to make it worthwhile, there's enough in each centre, since 3 (MattG, Kaybee, JTVW) would travel to either centre.

I've noticed a couple of people not mentioned on here, but who are Manchester way:

Peddersgolf
The Campaigner

And I'm sure there's a few more too!!!!! So please, anyone else, speak up now because the location of NWM meets are dependent on your participation!

Back to the top
Hi everyone, happy new year.

bit of a late reply but I'm based up in South Lake district, but would be willing to drive down to Manc. area, as long as the meet was close to an M6 junction. Parbold would be fine!

Has a date been decided yet?

ioboy

1984 Mk1 GL Cabriolet, black.

Back to the top
No date decided yet, watch this space.....

Back to the top
Splitting the meets sounds like a good idea to me, whilst some of us are willing to travel even in the winter it's not particulary enjoyable for anyone. Those are pretty healthy numbers for the region tho! Maybe it's worth splitting for the winter when it's shoddy weather and then forming one group for the summer when it's lovely cruising round.

If this was the general idea in the first place then I apologise for being dreadfully slow…..

Matt

Back to the top
Instead of splitting, how about alternating the location from month to month? It means, if you want to come to the 'distant' meet rather than your nearby one, you can still do, but would have to travel. If not, then at least we get together once every 2 months?

Back to the top
Ok how about we set a date and place for:

<b>Date: 25th Feb 2007
Time: 1pm
Place: Preston Brook pub, 1 mile from M56 J11.</b>

Another car club had a meet at this pub, and it seems pretty easily accessible, but if there's another better place suggested, we could look at that instead. Looking at the list previously, we have the following, if Diesel Dubber makes the trip over from Yorkshire and the weather is good enough for Walt to roll out his blue car. Of course we welcome the more Wigan-based people and any others too!!!!

JTVW = Bolton
MattG = Stockport
Paulc = Wirral, Cheshire
Phatz1 = Stockport
Tickle = Warrington
polle = Hyde
Diesel Dubber = North Yorkshire  - maybe???
walt = Stockport - maybe

This gives the more northerly guys a chance to possibly squeeze in a meet in between now and then, if they want one nearer and sooner?

Back to the top
Sounds good, see you then!
I have 1 month to get the car taxed, insured and working…..!

Back to the top
Thats good of you to put on a birthday meet for me Paul!!!

As host of the day I will expect a drink AND a sandwich (no candles required) from you!!!!

I'm a depends really as I haven't decided what I'm doing for my 41st 'celebrations'.

Are Club GTI meeting that day as well?

Dan

Back to the top
CGTI don't meet there, in fact their local meets are currently cancelled for some reason or other. I can't find the details of the other group who met there a while back, it was in Nov 2005. Anyway, here are detailed instructions for finding The Preston Brook pub:

Come off M56 at J11, follow A56 (away from Warrington) to Preston Brook, drive through the village of Preston Brook (30 speed limit) for around 1 mile, then the pub is on the right, shortly after passing the O2 building (which has a roundabout turn off) then crossing a bus lane.

Back to the top
sorry all, girlfriend kindly reminded me I have to go to a wedding in the lakes that weekend, so will not be able to make it - @rse!
Paul

Back to the top

paul_c said

Ok how about we set a date and place for:

<b>Date: 25th Feb 2007
Time: 1pm
Place: Preston Brook pub, 1 mile from M56 J11.</b>

JTVW = Bolton
MattG = Stockport
Paulc = Wirral, Cheshire
Phatz1 = Stockport
Tickle = Warrington
polle = Hyde
Diesel Dubber = North Yorkshire  - maybe???
walt = Stockport - maybe

This gives the more northerly guys a chance to possibly squeeze in a meet in between now and then, if they want one nearer and sooner?

Is this a definate list of attenders Paul?

Back to the top
No, not at all, its was only used as an indication of numbers. I worked out the ones nearby, plus those further away who said they'd travel anywhere in the NW for a meet. So, its only a rough guide.

Back to the top
Ok mate, I'll se whats occurring nearer the weekend. Its my weekend to have BabyDub (or should that be ToddlerDub now at 20 months today??) so it will have to be last minute I'm affraid.

I will then be sporting the new look… re-sprayed boot lid, r/o/s and o/s/ door which will have been lifted and re positioned correctly. Engine bay bits n pieces re-sprayed in black and new badges. Roll on DubFreeze!!!!!

Dan
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.