Skip navigation

Modding..How far do you take it??

Back to the top

Modding..How far do you take it??

you are forgiven walt…it was the nova comment!
and 'wild child' signing up again because you have been banned for a month is a bit sad too….wait it out

i live to dub....

Back to the top

walt said

Why do people modify cars?

Personally, to make it faster/handle better/be safer. After today's fun & games, I was so glad of my little mods:

* Slick tyres
* Bigger master cylinder and servo
* Lowered 80mm
* Rear seat removed
* Lights taped over

Most of the mods are subtle, for example no bodywork mods or lighting or paintjob. And when I put the big engine into it, the only evidence of higher performance will be a bigger tailpipe.

Back to the top
:notworthy:

eeeeeeeeeeeexactly!!!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
body wise the only mods on my car are wheels, and tints if you want to call them mods, and the little bits like bee sting areal (sp) and de badged and duck bill thats about it, but i think people should be able to express them selves via modifiying their cars to match their personality, i think there is nothing wrong with that, except for if the car looks totally spud, i cant see how some people modify their cars and think it looks nice when it looks disgusting to us..eg some of the saxo boys?!

i live to dub....

Back to the top
agree, theres modding and then theres barry.
there are truly some lush modded cars out there, i know i got burnt up by a 106 today :oops:

its all an individual matter of taste and what u want from your motor,
the way i look at mine, its a pretty rare beast for a cab, its totally original inc paint, no weldin, no dings, fsh, im 3rd owner.
how could i mod that???
but i would love dubh1t, i would love to make a dubh1t
i would love to not be spanked by a 106 (driven by a girl i might add)

so when i drop my 2l in i will be keeping the original engine!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
How did u get spanked so badly by a 106?? You've got a healthy one eight - i presume its GTI?

Back to the top
i do not have a clue,  was tuggin along up to the ton and put me foot down, and she just came absolutely flyin past me tbh

gone, wasnt barry or nothin but rollcaged up and absolutely stonkin,
ive had mine off the clock but nowt like that.

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
cool, was thinkin u got burnt by a oem 106 :O ;)

sounds like a piece o kit ;)

Back to the top
see my problem is the mk1s ive been in have been modded, one mates is just shy of 180bhp, so ive never met a tintop wi the same engine as mine to find out how much quicker they are.

shes goin int garage nxt wk for a couple of days so we shall see after that!

rebuild in progress....
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.