Skip navigation

Absolutley Terrible

Back to the top

Absolutley Terrible

I can't believe someone would do this to a MK1. Why would you want to ruin a car like this?! :dontknow:

Auction number: 250054710286

It is absolutley horrible. Its a crime. i wanted to send abusive emails but was stopped.:banghead:

I suppose someone will like it  though :sick:

'89 Black 1.8carb Cabriolet

Back to the top
Thinks thats bad then try this utter abonimation…..

Pics courtesy of www.barryboys.co.uk

Back to the top

mk1 1.1 C

Back to the top
Thought I was on ,'Barry Boys' for a minute!

Back to the top
My first thoughts on the green/purple car is that its quite good, except for the slightly OTT front spoiler. The red one is too tacky tho, with the bodykit, wheels, seats and weird ICE install.

Back to the top
:roll: and they're both in the UK

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
I like the first one, its not my choice of flip paint but…. (i'm getting mine done in flip paint.. *heckle here please*) :lol:

The 2nd one is over done, get rid of the kit and those horrible wheels and it would be a nice car, i think the seats are a little erm… large?

I like the ice install though.

my 2p

Pricie

Back to the top
someones been watchin too much mtv me thinks

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
Inspired by these, I immediately jumped onto www.dubmodder.com to have a tinker. I turned this:

Into this:

In the end, I just couldn't bear to do it, not even 'virtually' online. All I could do was lower it and add the dice.

Back to the top
I saw the metalic redy burgundy thing at GTI international if I remember rightly! The guy who owns this is the brother of the guy who owns that metalic orange one which looks virtually the same! Not sure what they are thinking! I guess it is just extreme show car I guess!

I just couldn't do it myself! Imagine what peole must mutter under their breath when they see them driving down the road!?  8O

Back to the top
If the owner is happy then that's all that counts.

Seen that orange one walt is on about at a petrol station going to inters this year - not my cup of tea but if they are happy then that's a okay…

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

If the owner is happy then that's all that counts.

Seen that orange one walt is on about at a petrol station going to inters this year - not my cup of tea but if they are happy then that's a okay…

This is for you mate, you deserve it.

Tian :wink:

Back to the top
Own a tintop and really wish you had bought a cabriolet…?

Then just convert your own car…

Some people have no idea at all…… :roll:

Back to the top
I hate it when people ruin a mk1 like that. It makes me sad. Tasteful mods are ok but those are just plain ugly!
There should be a law and if you break it…you get shot.

Back to the top
Its a free society though, nobody has introduced a law to make it illegal to tastelessly modify a car (yet)! Maybe its something which should be added to the MoT test?

Look at it this way, if there's not that many Mk1s and some people make them yukky, it just makes the good ones more rare and desirable.

Back to the top
That fake cabby is shocking!

top gears home made cabby was better!

Back to the top

paul_c said

Look at it this way, if there's not that many Mk1s and some people make them yukky, it just makes the good ones more rare and desirable.

I had never thought about that! Brightened up my day lol.

Back to the top
They are both 'Barry', pure and simple.

Why tinker with perfection :wink:

Back to the top
Isn't the 'fake' cab a real cab with a dodgy DIY replacement hood. You just make out where the tailgate shut lines ares, on a cab they run down the back on a tin top they run round the side of the rear quarter. Also front door is cab door (no top to the frame) still looks shocking though 8O

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
Here's a real fake cab… http://www.vw-one.co.uk/campaign_convertible.htm  Campaign Convertible. Looks like the doors would pop open when going round bends 8O

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.