Skip navigation

Lucky to be alive!!!!

Back to the top

Lucky to be alive!!!!

well i was involved in an accident today, head on crash in a one lane tunnel… 8O

Bought a mk2 as a run around a couple of weeks ago, even tho it was a 5 door i thought it was a peach…engine was slow and the brakes were…..very bad!!!!!…. :cry:

51k, FULL stamped up vw service 2 owners…

polished it up, stuck some alloys on and it looked MINT

I finished work early today for a change, so thought i'd go for a drive, wasnt driving fast…enterd the 1 lane tunnel, nearing the end, when the silly bint of a driver decided she also wanted to pass through…head on!!! no time for brakes…my arm is in serious pain, i cant move it!!!

The girl then said she doesnt wanna go through insurance as she has no MOT!! so what should i do now? i've never been in a crash b4 in my life…i dont know what to do…i've told the insurance…car is a write off

Im just glad i had my seatbelt on, dont think i'd be here typing this now if i didnt!

:cry:

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
thts her fault she has no mot dont feal sorry for her she may not have insurance report her why should  we pay and others dont its not fair :banghead:

Back to the top
Jesus dude !!! thats outrageous i'd take her to the cleaners over that one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 8O  8O

G60

Back to the top
dont worry im not!!! Just dont know what to do next? i've told my insurance so im guessing they will sort it all??

i need some light shredding on it, im new to this nearly killing yourself stuff :lol:  :banghead:

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
thats looks pretty bad mate. i had an incident with an uninsured driver a couple of months ago and im still waiting payment for the repairs. its a nightmare make sure you get it sorted. what area are you in? because i know a good company that can sort it all out for you.

1981 silver mk1 golf gti

1981 grey audi coupe 5s

Back to the top
Nasty mate! Glad you're still with us :D

As it was a head on the insurance company might want to go knock for knock which will affect your no claims bonus etc. If you were nearer the end on the single lane bit then maybe you should have right of way and as she failed to give way she's in the wrong. All depends on road layout at the end of the day.

What level of insurance do you have? If you're fully comp then you should have better luck/less work to do yourself than if you are TPFT. Legal cover can be a real help too if you have that. If you are TPFT then insurance companies often make you do more work/chasing to get things resolved.

The other issue is if she has no MOT then her insurance may be deemed invalid. You wouldn't get any payout from her insurance and you'd loose your excess if you put in a claim.

But at least you have insurance, if you have bad injuries then go to doc/hospital to get it recorded and try and get compensation from insurance. That might be a good way of getting money back.

All depends on situation, good luck with sorting it out.

Back to the top
Mate - stick the std wheels back on before they take it away unless you've declared the alloys. Go to hospital and get checked out too.

Back to the top
Bummer! That MK2 was in superb condition! Gutted for you mate! As someone else said, the problem is if her insurance is deemed invalid! Best of luckand keep us posted!  8O

Back to the top
Ouch! I had a few crashs in my time and you've done the right thing informing the insurance company. They will sort it out and your legal protection should take her to the cleaners if her insurance company defaults. Has she admitted the wrong? as this will not affect your no claims as it is considered a recovered loss. Don't forget to mention your arm if it causing you allot of pain.

Finally remember a good crash is when your able to walk away, chin up i know what it feels like, I've been there to often :(

Rob :wink:

Golf GTI Cabriolet 1990 Helios Blue - gone

Audi A4 1.9TDI - Gone :(

Golf GTTDI MK5 140…..oooh quick….but not a MK1  ;)

Back to the top
i had an accident back in aprril he addmited fault on sceane as he cut me up on a rabout but later on he's blaming me saying i cut him up i'm fighting it but my inds company has taken my no claims off mr 'temperaily' which has shot my ins from 500 to 1500 for a 1.6 astra

i say take her to the cleaners.

did u say ur neck hurts! mmmmmm money!

hello!

Back to the top
thats not your fault she had no insurance, take her to the cleaners m8. You have lost out on a perfectly good car because of her irresponsible driving. If it were me i would of got the police involved, she's driving round in a car with no mot and who knows what would of happend if she had killed someone!!

Hassle the insurance company and make sure it doesn't affect your insurance!! Good luck love, hope your arm gets better!

Gary is now garaged, Baby is on her way.
Next up is marriage, Who knows when i'll get him out to play!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Pursue it!!!  Its not fair that law abiding drivers like us take the strain of inconsiderate drivers like her!!!!!  If that was me, I would have to be physically and forceably removed from her!!  (Not that I am normally violent, but touch the car and you will see my nasty, evil side come out  :twisted: ).

Glad that you survived this accident and I hope that you feel better soon sunshine ….

'90 MK1 Clipper, Black - Sold :-(
BMW 323i 2.5

Back to the top
I had a friend that forgot to renew his MOT and it was 2 days overdue, he was driving home with me in the passenger seat, stopped at some red lights and someone drove into us from behind at about 40 miles an hour (it hurt alot).

The car was completely written off straight away, we got out and soon realised that the people behind us were in a return convoy from an asian wedding (about 3 cars). We watched them as they swapped the person in the drivers seat, they were all completely plastered or fairly tipsy, we reported this to the police but eventually my friend got taken to court by the asian family because he did not have any MOT, and therefore his Insurance is non existant as Insurance is invalid without an MOT (whilst driving on public roads).

Report it to the insurance company, tell her she has no MOT, report this also to the police and give both insurance and MOT references to both parties, if you take it to court you will win.. the fact that she has no MOT & therefore no insurance will override any "she was supposed to give way to me, lane" rubbish - the judge wont care.

Hope it goes ok

Back to the top

Anji said

Pursue it!!!  Its not fair that law abiding drivers like us take the strain of inconsiderate drivers like her!!!!!  If that was me, I would have to be physically and forceably removed from her!!  (Not that I am normally violent, but touch the car and you will see my nasty, evil side come out  :twisted: ).

Glad that you survived this accident and I hope that you feel better soon sunshine ….

Same here, i'm glad your ok mate!
Shame about the Golf, it always makes me want to shed a tear when i see a perfectly good Golf go to waste.
I'm not sure about what to do with her, she seems fairly genuine and it sounds like she has insurance? but no MOT.
It may have only run out a week ago, you never know. (i'm not justifing what she did, but she doesnt sound as bad as the people that do it deliberatly, with not tax, mot or insurance!)

Anji, if you find a random bloke touching your car….. it'll be me, trying to see your angry side…… Oh i love it when your angry! lol

Pricie  :wink:

Back to the top
Pricie, i'm sorry to say but i think this sympathetic side regarding this matter isn't going to get you anywhere.

She may well be a very nice person, hell she might be the latest mother teresa, but she also may be putting on a front.

And at the end of the day you've got two choices, you take her to court and you'll win out right, or she can either pay to fix the car (not gonna happen) or she can buy you a replacement.

I'm sorry i have no sympathy for anyone who doesn't have an MOT whether its a mistake or deliberate laziness. (i didnt sympathise with my friend when i found out he'd skipped it).

It's your loss at the end of the day you either let her off or do it properly and see where it gets you. Your not being nasty, she has destroyed your car and it was her fault and she wasnt legally driving on the road. She owns you some sort of compensation for what you've lost due to her poor driving & documentation.

My 2cents

Back to the top

procalx said

Pricie, i'm sorry to say but i think this sympathetic side regarding this matter isn't going to get you anywhere.

She may well be a very nice person, hell she might be the latest mother teresa, but she also may be putting on a front.

And at the end of the day you've got two choices, you take her to court and you'll win out right, or she can either pay to fix the car (not gonna happen) or she can buy you a replacement.

I'm sorry i have no sympathy for anyone who doesn't have an MOT whether its a mistake or deliberate laziness. (i didnt sympathise with my friend when i found out he'd skipped it).

It's your loss at the end of the day you either let her off or do it properly and see where it gets you. Your not being nasty, she has destroyed your car and it was her fault and she wasnt legally driving on the road. She owns you some sort of compensation for what you've lost due to her poor driving & documentation.

My 2cents

I totally agree, really!

I'm just saying it doesn't sound deliberate. (not like these lil Scum who deliberatly flount the law and normally run off when they hit you!)

But i do agree, she smashed your car up, you have to tell them she had no MOT, its the only way of looking after yourself!!

Still the main thing is that no one was seriously hurt! (thank god!)

Pricie

Back to the top

Pricie said

Anji, if you find a random bloke touching your car….. it'll be me, trying to see your angry side…… Oh i love it when your angry! lol

You like to live life on the edge there Pricie me ole boy  :lol:

I am very particular about who touches the car ….. none of my friends or my ex-partner have ever, ever been allowed to drive my car.  None of them know how to drive her properly and I cringe in the passenger seat desperately trying not to reach over and switch the ignition off and boot them out!!!!!!!   Grrrrrrr

'90 MK1 Clipper, Black - Sold :-(
BMW 323i 2.5

Back to the top
Lil Miss Protective!

You'll be ok with me touching it, i'm an expert! (by the way for anyone else reading the thread, i do mean her car!)  :lol:

Have any of your friends or Ex's been dub heads though?

thats where i might shine! :)

Back to the top
quote="procalx"]

I'm just saying it doesn't sound deliberate. (not like these lil Scum who deliberatly flount the law and normally run off when they hit you!)

Sorry but to me thats delibrate as she KNEW she had no MOT and therefore KNEW she had no insurance, take it all the way and inform the  old bill as you need to do this within 24 hrs anyway. Get the old bill to charge her and take it to court you may well get some form of compo as well.

You should still get paid as the insurance companies have a big pot of money to pay out for all these uninsured To@@ers out there. Thats why we pay more for our insurance to put money into the pot!!!!!!

1988 convertible  sapphireblau
ChipsAway -- Car Scratch Repair - Smart Repairs
chipsawaybelper@aol.com

Back to the top
robdcfc1, i didn't write that.. Pricie did.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.