diy port polish 8v

Back to the top

diy port polish 8v

u need the for sale section m8

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
how did this all go in the end m8??

TG :)

Need your console repaired or mods done? drop me a pm:)

Back to the top
badly :lol:

i over did the first 2 ports tbh, so have got another head and am gonna try again a bit less enthusiastically!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
but it hasn't put you off giving it a go then??

only started thinking about it last night when i looked some of the tools required, i have alot of them at work so wouldn't cost me much.

how did you find out you had gone too far? did you measure it??

cheers for your time m8

TG :)

Need your console repaired or mods done? drop me a pm:)

Back to the top
i used the gaskets as a guide to start with. but soon realised that it was going to be too hard to take that bore all the way thro the port wi the tools i had.
realistically i should have looked a the practical amount to take off at the hardest point to get to.
and gone from there.
having done the reaserch i would deffo reccomend doin it as a project, even just to take off the founding marks, of which there are loads!

yep deffo gonna try again but a bit less adventurously!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
i'd be inclined to just try and match the ports and flow the easy and obvious bits, erring on the side of caution. bear in mind, the gaskets should have a reduced appature when fitted as they compress.

Back to the top
agreed
internal calipers are useful for checking how much you need to remove.
and theres an optimal % between exhaust and inlet to aim at, ill try n dig it out for you, think its 85.
lookin back at the 'experiment' i reckon just polishing the valves and lappin them in, plus a good clean up is gonna help.

rebuild in progress....
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.