Skip navigation

who has the higest miles on your mk1

Back to the top

who has the higest miles on your mk1

Bert said

326,000 when i scrapped PNT553X golf c diesel what a car!!!
Bert

I think that would take some beating!!! Not a Golf (but still VW), I had a T4 camper (diesel) which had 170,000 when I sold it and it was still going strong.

Back to the top
Erm, not sure it counts but my '97 Mundaneo has just under 180000 on the clock. :dontknow:

Still goes a fair bit though. Gets a ton (on private roads :twisted: ) easy without blowing up, yet.

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top

dont count    dont tell ant one you have a mondaooo :mrgreen:

Back to the top
seconded

so whats the highest mileage for 0NE  engine then?

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
The 16v kr lump in one of my golfs (may not be in a mk1 :wink: ) has 293k and still going strong on the original engine.

Banner

Back to the top
hi, 207k on it

Simon R - YouTube

MGH 178Y - 16v - Gone :(

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
My tintop is on 101K

Back to the top
Just coming up to 191000
It had done 40000 when I bought it
Anyone else done 150k in the same car?

Also got 130000 on my Mk2 of which I've done 70000

Back to the top
According to this story from the VW web site it looks like we are all still just breaking our engines in :dontknow:

There's a woman in America who drives her gold Jetta every day and has over 500,000 miles on the clock. Her engine is manual transmission and she is still using her original clutch!

Couldnt resist printing this one either  :lol:

A Volkswagen Beetle which was buried in a German garden for 10 years has been unearthed in perfect running condition.
The car was discovered by a Frankfurt man who decided to do some digging in his garden. He called in the police after making the find.
The key was found in the ignition of the Beetle and it started up once a new battery was fitted, say police.
Neighbours say the property's previous owner buried the vehicle in the 1980's. It is believed that he was angry following a dispute with motor registration officials.

P.S. Only a mere 83K on my clipper.

Neil

92 White Clipper

Back to the top
168,000 miles and i've put 10,000 on in just over 6 months :) Still pulls like a train… although the valve guide seals could do with replacing (i use a litre of oil in about 3 months. Not bad all in all.

Back to the top
213000 on my GTI on original engine so far, 162000 on my 1.1 on the original engine and my mk2 is catching up with 158000 :lol: . A while ago a mechanic told me of an early eighties Passat estate that he had recently mot'd and passed with almost 300000 on the clock and still going strong.

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.