Skip navigation

SWM16

Back to the top

SWM16

We said all along that SMW15 at cribb, SWM16 and Taunton, as SWM14 was at Exeter.  That way its fair for everyone, as we seem to be either around the bristol/glos area or Devon/Cornwall area.

Taunton is central for the vast majority, thats why it is traditionally the monthly meet location :D

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
it does make it more likely for me, last one was 420 mile round trip in a day, god i was trippin when i got home,
but as i said , at the mo ive got 2 bent wishbones 1 handbrake cable bad exhaust blowin and no damn money!!!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
Guys i think we have misunderstood the thread here. SWM16 IS at taunton - date to be decided (jan favourable to majority) this was just a thread to see IF about minimeet for those who wanted to do some christmas shopping :banghead:  :dontknow:

Ross is updating the regionals page for SWM16.

SAT 16th DEC @ CRIBBS for shopping MINIMEET

SWM16 @ TAUNTON date to be decided.

Happy :dontknow:  :roll:

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
HELLO again!  :D
thought id contribute to this one as its closer to me rather than up bristol.
Thanks for keeping it all down in the SW like we said 3 months ago i think it was now.

Depending on the date depends if i can be there or not…
the later the better.
You all decide and ill let you know if i can or not.
Come to think of it while typing that i realised im supposed to work i think every sunday now til xmas so even if it was on the 17th or something i dont think i could turn up as car might still not be working by then.

Its coming together slowly but dont know if i can make a meet til jan.
Also does that mean in jan its supposed to be exeter again? We didnt have a turn out at all down there last time though only me and ross as always lol. erm so maybe taunton for that one too?  :D  :dontknow: lol/ We'll see.

Simon R - YouTube

MGH 178Y - 16v - Gone :(

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
If there is a meet at Cribbs in December will anyone still be up for a meet at Taunton at all?

The 9th and 10th are a no go for me!

Can we have a showing hands and perfered dates :)

Back to the top
Sorry Doug, you got that one wrong mate.  We originally said the DECEMBER meet (xmas meet) would be held at Taunton, due to the fact that the last one was at Cribbs, and the one before that was at Exeter.

Is anyone up for a real ie non-mini meet in December; location Taunton :dontknow:

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
still yes but as long as its late as possible in the month, if not dont worry about it.

Simon R - YouTube

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
Is anyone up for a Taunton meet this Sunday, or the following Sunday?  Location Harvester near Taunton - traditional SWM venue :dontknow:

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
BUSY :roll: and i believe MR& MRS BONDY will be available in the new year, Kieron  :dontknow:  Ross :dontknow:

Back to the top
cars off the road this weekend, :wink:  next wkend is a slim possibility! 8)

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
looks like i can make the january meet then, not this one. had a feeling it woodnt b fixed in time  :x  :(

Simon R - YouTube

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
Definately not this weekend but maybe another this month, but by the sounds of it no one is wanting to go anyway :(

Back to the top
Hi All

December is not possible for Me & Mrs B.
We'll be OK for Jan, and if its Exeter we'll just take one car.
Sort out the Date & Venue and we'll confirm.
Cheers

Back to the top
see you in jan

talking of that though will the next one be in taunton to make up for this one? or in exeter like planned? i think its probably a bit early to ask actually.

Simon R - YouTube

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
bondy, did you sort out the mpg on the cab?

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
OK…

December looks like a no at Taunton but there is the unofficial Cribbs meet on December the 16th that might as well be made official now.

January it is then for SWM 17 - I suggest Taunton on the 2nd Sunday as usual. Wonder if everyone will be too skint for this one?!!

I'll update the South West meets page at some point when I get a min with these dates and venues.

Everyone ok with this?

Back to the top
If there is no proper December meet, then I suppose the January one should be Taunton with Exeter in February. :?

That's IF we are going to rotate like this in 2007. :roll:

We really don't mind. If they don't clash with other commitments, we'll be there.  :D

The cab MPG seems better, but I've not done a proper check yet. She'll be filled up on the weekend and I'll do a calculation. I managed to alter the mixture, but the allen key socket is really worn and it took ages. It turns right (richer) quite easily but it's a S*D to turn left (leaner). :banghead:

Does anyone know if its possible to change the adjuster inside the control head? I have a Mk2 spare head but can't see if it can be done. :dontknow:

Thanks for asking :wink:

Back to the top
yeah ross, i guess the 14th seems ok so far for the jan meet.
U know why i cant make this one anyway and i would if i could.
i think the bristol one sounds good for other people as lots of people seem to like that one last time.

Simon R - YouTube

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
Like i suggested in the first place!

Back to the top

BONDY said

If there is no proper December meet, then I suppose the January one should be Taunton with Exeter in February. :?

LOVE that idea

Simon R - YouTube

KHJ 888Y - Gone
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.