Skip navigation

Legendary Film Car Chases

Back to the top

Legendary Film Car Chases

Do you reckon a standard Mk1 GTI would be quicker round a track than a Mustang? Watching that vid the Mustang's handling is so poor I reckon the Golf would be in with a really good shot…

Mustangs are dreadful handling cars, personally can't stand them - van engine and chassis with half a ton of swoppy metal dropped on top :lol: . If it wasn't for the great Bullit chase, would we care for them?

I've been to a number of 60's classic touring car races with Mustangs racing Mini Cooper's, mk1 Lotus Cortina's etc. The Mini's drove round the outside of the Mustangs every corner and it would take a straight and the V8 for the Mustang to catch up again. The Lotus Cortina's were not quite as fast athrough the bends as a mini, but had more straight line speed and easily kept up with and outran the Mustang :lol:

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
Sorry got caught up in slating the 'Stang and forgot to mention good car chase films :lol: .

I'd say Vanishing Point or Taxi for great chase scenes or what about Duel? Truck versus car from the early 70's staring Dennis Weaver. Minimal dialogue throughout and the tension just builds and builds - Speilburg's first, and I'd say best, film.

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
Taxi gets my vote. loved that film when i was in france. Those scenes on the motorway arent't that distaughted from reality. Was over there last week doing 110mph all over the place :dance: . covered 350km in just over 3.5hrs. Very fun indeed. :y:

Rust isn't c##p, it's lighter than carbon fibre

Back to the top
Smokey and the bandit!

1983 MK1 Golf GTi

Back to the top
I would have to go with Ronin - several quality chases in that and some amazing driving.

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Yes same here, ronin all the way!! What was the james bond with the gordini turbo, that weren't bad, little short though!!

I'm now mk1less, ahhhhhhh!
Gone but not forgotten;
'83 Schwarze black GTi
'83 Lhasa green GTi
'80 Indiana Red Met. GLS

Back to the top

film car chases

Absolutely love the Ronin car chase! big fan indeed.

Has anyone heard of the 13th protocol. It stars Pierce Brosnan and Sir Michael Caine and they have a little car chase around Chelmsford. Some of you might be able to recognise where abouts it is. I drive on the same stretch of road every day on the way home from work. Ill see if i can try and submit a video or something for all to see.

Back to the top
Chelmsford 8O   Which road is it ??  I'll have to look for a copy of that film.

Banner

Back to the top

car films

I can lend u the dvd when were at the next mk1 meet. cant remember wot the roads called but it was brand new when they filmed it. this is going back about 10-20 years bearing in mind so it looks a little different now but its quite obvious where it is

Back to the top
Thanks, that'll be great :y:

Banner

Back to the top
The chase in RONIN

- YouTube

can't tell it was made in france !!!

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.