Skip navigation

Front End Resto slowly moving towards Rear End! (New pics)

Back to the top

Front End Resto slowly moving towards Rear End! (New pics)

Looking good fella! top work.

Reminds me of my old Driver in white, I loved that little 1300 really revvy engine, just not good at cruising on the motorway???!!!!!

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
Cheers project,

Better hope i get everything right now, bit worried after you said that white shows everything up!

Unfortunately sounds like my car may be going a similar way to your mates racer look,

Not quite going as far as him as my little 1300 is never going to win any race comps but i really like the de-bumpered look with just 1/4 spats and deep front duck bill as per my avatar.

Hoping for that as my final look once i get my deep dish amils powder coated black and stretch my 175 tyres over the 7 inch rims.

I know exactly what Dubstar means too, its a great revvy little block and pulls well especially now i have removed a lot of weight, that is until you get it in to top gear (4th) and it sounds like your ringing the jacobs crackers off it at about 90 (which i probably am)

Anyway all good fun, may be going for a webber carb for a bit more performance, i have a twin choke and K&N from an XR2 if anybody knows if that should work? Also know someone selling a Webber especially for my car but only single choke i think.

Took a couple more photos last night after a bit of angle grinder action on the welds at the rear and a bit of filler work, far from complete yet though as i know it needs closer attention,

Cheers,

Guile

'91 Golf Cabriolet (my other car is an Audi)

the usual audi s3 8p3 mods...

Back to the top
more of an update,

got my wheels back from the refurcb, not a top job as the shot blasting didn't remove all the pitting from the alloy but good enough for the money, should smarten the car up well,

from the side view you can just see the mild stretch of the 175 width tyres, wish i'd gone for 165's though for a more pronounced stretch

Had the front suspesnion off again as i wanted more of a drop then my 60mm suspension gave so i bought some JOM lowering spring top plates 15mm.

Flatted off the front end ready to get a nice coat of white primer on to make my car look more presentable in the mean time before the respray

managed to get all the wheels fitted lastnight just before itgot too dark, they fill the arches nicely, bit too nicaly really, maybe those 15mm sping plates were not a good idea! Sorry about the quality of photo - night work again!

getting there now, anyboday fancy respraying it?

Cheers,

Guile

Back to the top
Had to but some smaller wheels as the 15" deep dish caught badly on the front drivers side arch,

I start my diet tomorrow,

Not happy Jan,

14" BBS

Cheers,

Guile

Back to the top

Back to the top
cheers mate,

you would never have to buy another drink in sheffield again,

i have a dilema at the moment though as it may be going up for sale on flea bay this weekend,

my oz sponsership came through last week,

unsure whether to try and get it finshed before the sale as i have little time with everything else i have to do,

pm me with your details and we can see what you reckon?

Cheers,

Guile

Back to the top
ayup mate its paul in maltby, can get you a cheap respray mate if you are stuck, didnt know you done all that mate just seen link on ebay you should have give us a shout

Back to the top
cheers mate,

would have been round to yours sooner but all the work had been done before i picked the spring seats and alternator up, i needed those to get it back on the road,

i'll be in touch about that respray, still not sure whether to put more money into the car before i set off to the country of the convicts,

think i may need to get it looking more tidy though as i very much doubt it will sell on ebay in its present condition.

i'll give you a buzz once that lass from OZ has gone back home in couple of weeks and i'll call round in the mk1 to see what you think about sorting it and see if you have any goodies i need

speak soon

Cheers,

Guile

Back to the top
no worries mate, anytime, dont you go getting arrested! u done loads to that car, needs paint finishing off, 200 quid quick blow dry, welcome here anytime mate

Back to the top
thanks for that, well interested in getting the car blown over, would be nice to see it looking shiney before i leave,

i take sam to the airport next wednesday so i'll give you a bell after then,

in the mean time the parts i'm after to complete it at this stage are,

Front and rear bumpers (was thinking eurocar though as want them mint)
Full set of side strips (and lower ones if mint)
Full set of clips for side strips
Front number plate holder

let me know if you have any of the above,

thanks again pal

Cheers,

Guile

Back to the top
Latest pics

Cheers,

Guile

Back to the top
Nice repairs! I did the same and got an actual full front panel instead of just the valance skin, except mine's being put in all the way to the slam panel at the top. The person I bought it off painted it red first for some reason! Pointless when you have to weld it on later! It's the wrong shade anyway.
Nice to see a restoration on a budget. Looks like very tidy work. Were the new front wings genuine by the way?

Back to the top

6UiLE said

top work you are doing on this resto….

im in the same boat as you with the rear arches.

just a quick question…where did you buy those replacement arches from and how much were they?

cheers

John

Back to the top
Car is most important in every person's life. You have share nice information about Your MK1. I think this car have in good condition and nice feature But I prefer always new car. I don't think buy used car.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.