Skip navigation

SWM15

Back to the top

SWM15

Who's local to me here?  I'm in Brecon.  I noticed you're not too far away in Gloucestershire.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Dom

Back to the top
Stay as you are until jan 1st then pay up - if you wish, although you dont have to :D

I'll be turning up in my Mk1 Scirocco Storm :D as my Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign goes in hibernation this weekend  :D

Bring as many peeps as you fancy :D They got mk1 or mk2 roccos?

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
I believe Mk2s, but I'm not a great source of knowledge on Sciroccos..  I'm not sure if he's into the show scene much, so he may or may not come - hopefully though, it'd be nice to cruise over with someone :)  Although I couldn't keep up with the speeds he's used to.. his car does 160mph on a long enough road  8O

Back to the top
Is this a Mk1..

If so, nope, a Mk2!

Back to the top
is a mk1 methinks and a nice one at that!!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
Yep indeed it is a mk1 :D

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
160mph tho ??

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
He got it to 120 on a rolling road or summut at about 4000 rpm, and then worked out that if he had a long enough road that by 5800 ish he'd get 160.  Never actually done it though!

Back to the top
it wood have to have some power to take it there.

Simon R - YouTube

MGH 178Y - 16v - Gone :(

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
You're right.. I don't like to argue with him though, 'cause then he offers to take me out for a spin.. Only one other guy in the office has been for a spin, one who has a fairly fast car himself, and he came back to the office with stains on the rear of his trousers..  8O

Back to the top
Show of hands so far...

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
So who's up for Cribbs 12th November No idea! from 12noon on for a pint an a bite.

So far we have:

Dougelove
Kriss
Kabletie
Kerry
Daz
cabriaulait
eyeletboy
Ross
Drochesaunders

Anymore  :dontknow:

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
I've just realised that I'm probably working that entire weekend - a one off potentially solid 48 hours 8O  :banghead:

At work we are are replacing our Cisco 6509 with 2 new ones and doing a load of other work with edge switches (a lot of work in other words). It had to be over the same weekend as the meet didn't it!

Will let you know if anything changes but at the moment it looks like the date is getting more and more firmed up.

Gutted :cry:

Back to the top
Two weeks on Sunday 8O We need a decent turn out for this one.  Anyone need a lift from the glos/welsh border, give me a shout :D

Even if ya Golf is off the road, no worries, just turn up :D

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
May be 2 or 3 roccos turning up too :D All v-dub good :D

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Well I can't convince that guy from work to bring his Rocco, so I'll probably be there on my own.  Might bring someone, who knows.  But I'll be there! :)

Back to the top
Nice one dro', look forward to meeting you mate.  Week on Sunday now, so not much time to go :D

My Campaign is now off road until April  :? Rocco just been taxed for 6 months :D

Doesn't matter what you turn up in guys, just turn up 8O

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Hi,  :lol:
Bondy & Mrs B will be there.
May also have a couple of MK2s as hangers-on. :?
Be good t' see ya all.
Cheers

Back to the top
Hi Bondy - good to see you are still out there! How is the "Diamond White"?
How is the missus's red cab? Any nightmares so far?

You should drink more water.
1664 is 95% water.
Drink more beer? :)

Back to the top
Hi Key_ring,
Sorry we've not been about.  :( We moved house, I've got a D reg Mk2 GTi back on the road for my son-in law. Son Ben (17yrs & 5weeks) passed his test and I'm trying to make sure his 1.6 Driver stays on the road!  :?
Theres no peace for the wicked & VW Golf addicts! :wink:
See you on the 12th,
Cheers
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.