Skip navigation

LB's Mk1 G60 cabriolet Project

Back to the top

LB's Mk1 G60 cabriolet Project

divweir said

laughingboy were did you take the picture in the regions page . i thought we called the chavs  neds up here  :wink:  ( non educated delinquents) excuse the spelling i never went to school much eather :wink:

Well Neds to me are a Glasgow speciality but there spread is becoming Scotland wide!! ;) you can draw a faint line between the Ned and the Chav, although similar, they do have some very subtle differences! Like different breeds of dog. :lol:

The pics were taken at a place near me call findocty. you can get the car onto the harbor wall and it gives an amazing backdrop for the car. the lights cool, the scenery is top notch and if your lucky you can watch dolphins swim past. regularly go down there with the other half (steady now!) to watch them and relax so I thought where better to photo the car.

paul_c said

I know its about 4 months late, but did you ever sell the old gearbox? And does it have 100mm flanges?

Nope, still got the box. was going to give it the full clean up treatment before I sold it but found that the bracket the clutch cable locates in is worn. going to see if it can be repaired and yes, it does have the 100mm flanges as its from me 90 cabby and we were cool enough to get them from the factory!  :wink:  :lol:

Back to the top
PM sent!

Back to the top
We'll folks, just thought I'd give you a quick updae to the cabbies progress.

All the front suspension and running gear are back on but unfortunatly my forth coming wedding have put a halt to anything else going on!

As for the engine, well a mate has just finished work on his new mill and has offered to help me build one similar.

Only clues I'll give away are… think my cabbie could be a bit "limited" :wink:

Back to the top
a 16 "Volt" :wink:  cabbie with an air pump eh, that should be kin fast by the way

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
Well the engine that me pal has just built for his rado will be crazy!

even keeping things unstressed with a standard pulley size etc and only mild engine mods we shold be easy seeing 200bhp+ with crazy potential above that.

Plus, I've see one 16vg60 mk1 and know of a few others but I've never seen one fitted in a cabby!

Should be a giggle!  :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.