Skip navigation

Do I pay ?

Back to the top

Do I pay ?

Any update?

i hope you get this sorted out and get your baby back un-harmed.

Back to the top
Firstly I hope you get your car back and the work done is to a good standard. It sounds like the guys customer service leaves a little to be desired. I am having a MK I restored by a friend and I know hidden things and extras appear but these have all been justfied and ive been informed all the way along to put a large amount extra on the bill without justification is not on.

1981 1.6 GTI - Work in Progress
www.thephirm.co.uk

Back to the top
hope you get the car back and all is sorted soon. 8O

Reminds me of wne mine when Bang due to the garage, so I left it in the place for 6 months in bits on one of their ramps and refused to pay the bill. Kept ringing me to see what  Iwas doing and each time I gaev them the same answer "nothing as its your fault so you fix it FOC" Eventually sorted it out though with one trip to the CAB and a trip tot the garage with a low loader, loaded the car up and took it away with the enigne in boxes. The joint owner of the garage said " what was  I doing about the bill" so I told him "nothing and he could see me in court" that was the end of that matter - worked for me  :wink:

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
Thanks for all the reply`s and advice, am waiting for Trading Standards to get back to me, they have said not to do anything until i`ve spoken to one of their guys, not sure what happens next,  will have to wait and see, I`ll let you know how I get on and thanks again, also really glad I found this site, the support has been amazing, though I really should be getting on with some work, this can be quite addictive.  :)

Back to the top
Well I find in life that you dont wait for the phone to ring back. Best call them again in the morning as its all to easily forgotten and your pride and joy is languishing in a garage with a guy ready to chop it for bits.

'83 Diamond Silver Campaign GTI
'85 UR quattro 20v 5 cylinder
'94 VR6 Corrado 82A149D3-2379-4966-97B1-6874E7574575.jpeg

Back to the top
I'd wait to see what they say. I once put a deposit down for a car, it went a bit pear-shaped, and instead of following the advice of the Trading Standards, I followed my dad's advice. The clever salesman b*****d slimed his way out of it and I lost my deposit of ?50!

Back to the top
what happened?

Back to the top
Sorry such a long gap, feeling a bit dispondent.  Have got her back and she looks great in fact  brilliant.  Just p….. o.. with a few things, and feel on here i am always moaning.. Am feeling pretty good about being back on the road and proud to be driving such a fab car, after years of rust and duct tape, not to mention a wet arse, only the passeger side is wet now,  :lol: . anyway am going to sort some pictures and perhaps get some ideas ? See ya soon
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.