Skip navigation

my crappy cabby - update pg4

Back to the top

my crappy cabby - update pg4

hi guys,
i'm han i'm 20 and from north yorkshire! I tend to frequent the parts of golfgti.co.uk a lot…student bums eh?

unfortunately atm i do not have a gti, but i am the very proud owner of a mk2 1.6 driver which i bought for very little after writing off a pug 106 (yeah i had bad car taste then, but thanks to a subaru impreza crashing into me i got the golf!!)

ive had my driver just over a year now, and its served me well gettin me to E38 the past 2 years, leeds VW fest, and this year i managed to get time off for bugjam! i have been waiting for a compensation payout from the crash last year, and now it has arrived!

so basically i'm here because im on the hunt now for a mk1 cabriolet as i have been wanting one for such a long time! hope you guys don't mind!

han  :wink:

Back to the top
looks pretty tidy exept for the dent
theres a buying guide on the home page i think
cool busses how much for one

Back to the top
the dents are on both sides… lol it was a cat D when i got it, but the dents are way old! lol

yeah i got the link to this site from the buying guide which was psted on golfgti! :)

I'm here mainly for help, and to peruse the for sale section.. it annoys me when people sign up n dont say hi kinda thing! lol

Back to the top
yay someone else from the N.Y !!!!

where you based mate ??, watch out for my purple dub cruzin round if i see ya ill "V" ya.

dont get me wrong there aint nout wrong with the mk2 but now that youve seen the light bring on the cabs !!!

good luck with ya hunt , hope to see ya about !

smiffie

Golf MK1 Cab 83'
Ultraviolet purple / Forest green
AKA - Dragon

Back to the top
i'm in york! i've always seen the light, but i needed a car and i new it had to be a VW lol!

smiffie monster where are u based? i do a fair bit of traveling!

Back to the top

han said

I'm here mainly for help, and to peruse the for sale section.. it annoys me when people sign up n dont say hi kinda thing! lol

Well Said :wink:

Welcome and soak up the vast knowledge on here.

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
hey mate im in kbro / hgate

work in wetherby so im all over yorkshire youll know its me when ya see it , we should do a meet some time like at the retail park …

welcome aboard.

Golf MK1 Cab 83'
Ultraviolet purple / Forest green
AKA - Dragon

Back to the top
they are tryin to get me to go to elland road on sunday as theres a VW meet there? last thursday of everymonth theres a meet at squires in sherburn? :)

Back to the top
thought i better update this… spend too much time lurking..

a few of you might have met me.. i'm han, im 22 and currently living in lincoln, but im a yorkshire girly at heart, and moving back to york in a week.

i have a crappy cabriolet.. heres how she's come on so far over the past 18months. :)

bought her for a bargain price . B reg, 135k miles, 10monthsmot. 2 months tax, Full service, oil is still clear!
Its had a cambelt, and waterpump, and fuel filler neck at somepoint, altho this leaks when i fill tank!  so far i've had a new windscreen fitted.
Had a matrix fitted (i was distraught to find out there wasnt one there!!!) had the gearbox set-up/ greased as gears were difficult.
Hood is not in real good condition and only a cig burn in roof as if it were thrown out of window.
Interior is not orig, and needs a good clean, but it will do for now.
Roof leaks slightly onto passenger seat so its damp when it rains, but i dont sit there! :p
had my stereo wired up as no wires were connected to anything!!!!!
i've got plenty of receipts from previous owner and she's only done 4000 miles in past 5-6 years!!!!!!!

the eyebrow has now gone….

hideous steering wheel, this has recently been changed for a 4 button :)

This is currently how it looks…  :wink:

Well thats the history of my car reduced into a few pictures! apologies to 56k users!!

han

currently awaiting a 16v engine…. :)

Back to the top
Hi, looki ng good now,
dont forget to keep updating us..

How did you go so low, coilovers??

PS  I've moved this post now to cars and projects..

Back to the top
thanks! Yeah its coils :)

it'll be my daily again soon when i finally get a 16v in there.. using it atm but not for work as it won't start from cold since i had a new DX head fitted… so im desperate for it to make edition.. but i doubt it… unless we get the engine fitted this wknd……… …

Back to the top
Looking good now keep updating.

Back to the top
One of my fave cabbies this, it sits so well 8)  8)

Back to the top
OMG - can't believe that!!!!   thanks…
it needs to start working tho… running like a heapa ****

Back to the top
Will be good to see a 16v in there, is that AlaxW helping you?
(PearlMk1)

Back to the top
hey dom.. yeah its alex in there… its not been right since we tried to fix it..

ooooops….

dom - dub pres tonight.. you coming???

Back to the top
Very tidy that, love the front end, when I have some spare cash I'm gonan put a single light on my cabby!

I noticed you first post was in 2006?! How long did it take you to find the cabby..!

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top
i've had the cabby since november 2006 :)

Back to the top

han said

i've had the cabby since november 2006 :)

And it took you all this time to tell us, shame on you..!

Not that I owned one then though haha :D

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top
i know.. i thought i had.. but looking t my posts it appears not.

i have been on using the search function for info :) just not posted!
oopsy!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.