Skip navigation

Classic Car show, East Herts, Sun 24th Sept. Club stand!

Back to the top

Classic Car show, East Herts, Sun 24th Sept. Club stand!

We have the opportunity of a club stand (place secured) at The classic motor show 2006 at St Mary's Catholic School - Windhill - Bishop's Stortford - Hertfordshire CM23 2NQ.  

Classic Cars ? MOTOR SHOW 2006 ? ?WHEEL MEET AGAIN? ? Sunday 24th Sept 2006
Since 1999 a sub committee of St Mary?s Catholic School?s parents? association (SMA) has organised a motor show every September. Our 10 acre site is well maintained and has easy access for vehicles to playing fields.
Our school is very conveniently situated one mile from Junction 8 on the M11.

Each year the Motor Show has attracted more punters and exhibitors. The Show includes a large exhibition of individually owned classic, vintage and veteran cars, motor cycles, military and commercial vehicles as well as an increasing number of new car dealerships displaying their dazzling new models. Around 5,000 people attend and there is a licensed Bar, BBQs, Teas, Ploughmans Lunches and childrens? entertainment live band playing all day and representatives from the local newspaper and radio station.

Classic car clubs are also represented. There is a ?best in Show? competition. Last year Mercedes Benz sponsored the whole event. To date every year we have been very lucky with the weather!

The Show is on Sunday 24th September 2006 from 11am to 5pm. Admission for spectators is ?5 per person.

Exhibitors and their passenger get in for free and the driver gets a free bacon butty!  Gates open to exhibitors from around 7am.

Check the WEBSITE

Places are limited to 10 cars only, so be quick to secure your place.

Cut, paste and add your name to the list:

ew
debs

Banner

Back to the top
Hi
  Just checked my work roster, Hey presto!!! I'll be up for that I'm off work.
 How do I add myself to the list? sounds like it will be a great day.

If it ant a Mk 1 dont fix it!!!! :-)

Back to the top
ew
Debs
Sportline

Just like that :lol:

Banner

Back to the top
I would but We don't have a trailer to get my car there :( But I'll be marshalling it with the cadets :D so I'll drop in to see you guys as and when I can   8)

Bert said

"if only everything was as reliable as a volkswagen"
——–
1.1L Series1

Back to the top
Would have loved to come along but have to work that weekend, sorry guys - have a good day though

Back to the top

book me a place!

Hi

Count me in. Would love to be able to add my name to the list but don't know how to…

Looking forward to it..will be the first one for me  :D

Supacase

Back to the top
8)

ew
Debs
Sportline
SupaCase

Banner

Back to the top
i would like to go… but my mk1 cabbie is a bit ruff round the edges! LOL

so what do you think? go anyway with a bit of rust and a dent in rear.. but will be a mint as poss!

or wot.. lol

Back to the top
I've no problem with that, got a bit of rust meself :lol:

At the end of the dat we're an enthusiasts club that enjoy driving our cars, most of which are daily drivers, so rust is all part of the 'work in progress'.

Add your name up :y:

Banner

Back to the top
cool i will try n get the day off work then! will let ya know by teusday!

Back to the top
Okey dokey.

Banner

Back to the top
Quite a few peeps are coming but we need a few more with their cars :wink:

This is one of the last opportunities of the year to show off your car before everyone goes into hibernation :lol:

Banner

Back to the top
ew
Debs
Sportline
SupaCase
Fizzy
boogaloo

Banner

Back to the top
Just to make it clear, the show opens at 11am, please ensure you have arrived and parked on the stand before this time.  Exhibitors can gain entry from 7am, but thats far too early for a Sunday :lol:

By 10.45 at the latest please.

Banner

Back to the top
ew
Debs
Sportline
SupaCase
Fizzy
boogaloo
Dainish

yeah im comin! can ya pm me the full details pleaseee :) location postcodes etc many thanks.

Back to the top
On it's way :D

Banner

Back to the top
:D

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks all, great day.

I've started a picture thread in chat please add any pics there.  Follow this link……………………………………………….

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=97837#97837

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks for sorting out a great club display once again Glen :clap:
thanks to Pete and Debs for their marshaling duties :clap:
and thanks to the wonderful British weather for not raining  8O

1983 lhasa green GTI
1982 lemon yellow CL

Back to the top
Thanks to all for coming along and making it such a great day!!

8)  8)

I've been involved in the show since the beginning, first few years in a big way, recent few years more helping out than organising.

It's built up over the years into a great show, and it was really nice to have 'my club' there displaying today!  :mrgreen:

I'll post some pics on the thread soon that have been given to me.

See you all soon  :D  :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.