Skip navigation

Any members on here in ClubGTI??

Back to the top

Any members on here in ClubGTI??

paul_c said

I recently signed up on their forum for a bit of variety, etc and have also experienced the "wrath" of the "established member" (for example see here. It seems that some of the posters on there all have poorly developed Superegos and don't know how to say sorry…..

What the hell was that all about? !!!

I'm a lapsed member too. It was too wide spread for me but I do go to the Myerscough meets at Salmesbury on occasions.

Dan

Back to the top
I used it for a while when I first got my golf. General chat usually ended up in someone getting flamed for having an opinion so I stopped using it.

Back to the top
Used to be a member when I lived in Essex, great frienly bunch of people, but I'm now an ex member, havent renewed this year as there is no more CGTI in Norfolk/Suffolk.

Now go to Phatdubs and Dubsuffolk meets.

Graham
(Boraboy on most other forums)

Cabrio GTI  Now in Lhasa Green with running 1.8T AJQ on OEM management.
Coming to bits again for more mods after reading to much on here…
Oh yeah, and a Golf V GT TDi

Back to the top
TBH Paul thats just TSC, he's always like that!! :lol: I've just learned to ignore him!!
I will say he does seem know his onions most of the time though!! :wink:
Sometimes when you're new to a forum you dont know 'certain characters' within that forum!! I reckon the best thing is to give as good as you get mate, you seem to of held your own!! 8)

See you at the shows!!

Back to the top
Yeah, thanks for sticking up with me. I couldn't believe it when he posted a picture of a chart which proved I was right! I've noticed on this forum, people will offer considered opinions, intelligent debate and good banter. While on CGTI forum, it tends to be quite immature at times. So while I'll closely browse this one, I just pick & choose at the other.

Back to the top

cabby18t said

…as there is no more CGTI in Norfolk/Suffolk.

There will be. Someone else said they wanted to reform it but nothing's happened so I'm going to take over once alan sorts it out.

Back to the top
TBH I think as this forum is quite a focussed forum (obviously) it does seem more 'mature'!! :)
CGTI is very general and so attracts all kinds of ages and a LOT more younger VAG fans!! So the whole site outlook is different!! :wink:

See you at the shows!!

Back to the top

paul_c said

Yeah, thanks for sticking up with me. I couldn't believe it when he posted a picture of a chart which proved I was right! I've noticed on this forum, people will offer considered opinions, intelligent debate and good banter. While on CGTI forum, it tends to be quite immature at times. So while I'll closely browse this one, I just pick & choose at the other.

As you say… thats why I got fed up of using it. Plus all the language all the time.

Dan

Back to the top
I reckon its just an attitude thing Dano TBH!! :wink:
I do swear a bit (not normally on the forum) but I dont really get offended whatever gets posted!! :)

See you at the shows!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.