Skip navigation

20v Conversion thread

Back to the top

MK1 20VT

20v Conversion thread

Hey ben i hav fly-by-wire on my throttle body at the moment and was wanting to ask you were i could aquire a cable one?? also how are you getting on with the timingbelt mount any updates?? Exellent work tho must give it to you! lookin major must be a rush  :lol: any more pics m8?  8O

Back to the top

mounts

spoke to the guy today hes going to dig out some old mk1 mounts and get them converted to 20v mounts in the next 2 weeks maybe ready for santa pod if you are there ill find out price

theres a guy making them in ireland he charges ?200 but i think my mate said ?100 without the rubber insert but they are only a few quid from gsf :wink:

Back to the top

MK1 20VT

Sounds good m8!  :lol: u can put me down for one of those defo!!
also bud can i change my throttle to cable by jus changing the throttle bit or do i need to change the entire throttle body?

Cheerz

Back to the top

hmm

if i remember correctly a mk3 gti tb fits the 20vt inlet so its a straight swap so you can use a cable instead of dbw i would just double check this tho on cgti forum

Back to the top

mk1 20vt

Hey Ben hows it goin m8? not done much to my cab lately! was just going to say that i wont be able to make it to santapod but im still really intrested in the mount if. are you still going to make em?? would of luved to see how your cab is goin aswell   :x  all the best anyway man!!

P.S Was lookin at my 8v gearbox in comparison with the mk4 one and noticed that the mk4 gearbox has a extra 2 bolts that go in the bottom will i just ave to leave them out?? and will it b okay without them?

Cheers

Back to the top

for dub

still need to get this thread finished will post in the next few days o complete it  :)  :)  :)

Back to the top

photos and vid

well just been messing with movie maker and came up with this enjoy the nasty picture quality :lol:

Back to the top

mk1 20vt

Hey Ben sorry to be a pest m8 but any joy with the mount??  :dontknow:  as i am almost ready to trial fit the block!  :)

Cheerz

Back to the top

hi

hey there vman weve not had a chance yet got so much going on at the moment ill try and find out if he can get one if not i do have a cad drawing showing you how the mount needs to be made :wink:

Back to the top

MK1 20VT

Hey Ben thats kool m8  :)  ! Even if you could get me a template it would be much appriciated man! But when would this be possible m8 as im really itchin to get this done and i have holidays at the moment!

Thanks Again

V
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.