Skip navigation

track day + show n shine

Brands hatch or snetterton ???

Brands Hatch {-} [7 votes]
Snetterton {-} [15 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

track day + show n shine

OK all sounds good , how about priority for all mk1 varients , by that i mean golfs , caddys , vans , scirroco etc etc .

In all honesty we are gonna need alot more people on board so lets just try and get the numbers up where they need to be . Maybe when we start getting numbers up we can have a meet up elsewhere to discuss all the particulars , the way my bisuness has taken off at the moment i havnt even got enough time to clean my car !!! so please if people have ideas on how to help out or want to initative and get involved feel free .  :wink:

Back to the top
Just so people know , I first posted this up 12 days ago and we are 18 people so far , thats a quater of the way  :D

Back to the top
Shameless bump!

What's going on with this? I suspect 18-20 is probably going to be about the maximum number of club members who'd be committed enough for this, including travelling to the circuit and paying the >?100, etc. Could we perhaps set a date from Brands Hatch which is a 'public' track day but all the interested people can individually pay Brands Hatch and book their place on it? I imagine out of the 18 so far, a couple will drop out so it will be nearer 10-12, but it would still be a good day out for the 'racers' in us!

I am sufficiently keen, that if this falls by the wayside, I'm going to do a track day on my own.

Back to the top
It wouldnt be a problem but there public days are normally in the summer months and your lookin at ?250 + easy .

Im moving hose at the moment and my business is crazy busy , ill pm u later in the month with some december and january hire prices for various tracks - its quite possable that the people who have replied on here could paticipate in a private event .

ill keep o posted  :wink:

Back to the top
Any more news on this?

Banner

Back to the top
For info, there's a track day being organised by the Seat lot, but the message has spread to Club GTI forum too: http://www.clubgti.com…m/showthread.php?t=103832. I've put myself down for this, I hope I aint the only standard Mk1 Golf GTI there…..so it would be good to see a couple of others at this one and not just Mk2s and 3s and Seats etc! So come on lads, get yourself down there. ?99 for Sat 9th Dec at Snetterton, be there or be square….

Back to the top
so do i just ring that number the bloke gives and say when it is etc and tht should b me on the list

cheers john

Back to the top

jon23 said

so do i just ring that number the bloke gives and say when it is etc and tht should b me on the list

cheers john

Pretty much, if you PM cupratris on the CGTI forum and let him know your details, then phone the booking number 08708505014 and ask for Alex or Nick, mentioning seatcupra.net then you will be put on the list and matched up, so cupratris gets the block booking discount.

I hope I won't be the only Mk1 there!

Back to the top
Damn :twisted:  That is the worst date!

Something I can't get out of….gutted.

Don't forget your camera Paul!

Banner

Back to the top
Just got to check availability Paul, but I reckon I should be able bring mine along. So there should be two MK1s there at least!

Back to the top
Come on everyone! Are you not wanting to do a track day now or something? I think there's loads of Mk1 owners (and club members) who want to do this, its not long now!

Back to the top
I'm at a VW show in Northern Ireland on the 9th, unfortunately!

Back to the top
Whats the date/time/track?

Back to the top

procalx said

Whats the date/time/track?

9th December, Snetterton. Its an early start (7:30am) so there's a bunch of us staying over at a local Travelodge. I think its around ?99 for the day.

Back to the top
Awesome i'll be there! Snettertons like 30 minutes from me :D

Do i pay on the "door" if u like? I'm well up for taking mine round the track, but i won't be racing seriously :)

Also what would you recommend i do to the car before i take it along (just to be safe) and bits to bring with me (extras e.t.c)?

Back to the top

procalx said

Awesome i'll be there! Snettertons like 30 minutes from me :D

Do i pay on the "door" if u like? I'm well up for taking mine round the track, but i won't be racing seriously :)

Also what would you recommend i do to the car before i take it along (just to be safe) and bits to bring with me (extras e.t.c)?

I'm pretty sure you'd need to pre-book - details in the CGTI thread above.

As far as preparation goes, there's loads of threads on it on the CGTI forum, but basically, make sure all your fluids are topped up, nothing in the car except you (flying objects etc), brakes are in good condition with plenty of the pad left, tyres the same (you'll wear them out a lot, apparently). I'm no expert though, I've never been on a track before.

Back to the top
my tyres are like ?80 each :(

Back to the top
Booked it, so I'll see you there Paul.  Just bought a new tin top, so will be bringing that along.  A few of you might well recognise it!