Skip navigation

track day + show n shine

Brands hatch or snetterton ???

Brands Hatch {-} [7 votes]
Snetterton {-} [15 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

track day + show n shine

G-DUB said

Shall i poll these two tracks ??

It would give folks a choice.

B H for mee

Banner

Back to the top
could we do classes, stock cab v stock tintop n stuff!!

reckon if this event comes off it could interest a load of other forums, may be worth workin out feasible numbers

hairyarse where u to????

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

a grand 8)

what were ya driving mr gti, ???

Porsche 911 GT2, caterham super light, Formula palmer audi, Clio cup racer, Nissan 350z, Palmer Jaguar JP1, oh yeah and the team RAC touring car 8)
Have a look here :mrgreen: http://www.palmersport.com/cars_intro.htm

Back to the top
Gimmie a mk1 any day  :lol:

Back to the top
I've voted for Brands cause of the facilities being a lot better than Snetters. But with me living next door to Oulton Park its still a long hack. Still interested though as long as its not in the depths of winter

<html>

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/Fordyx/cf416f53.jpg&lt;/html&gt;

Back to the top
Knowing our luck with club shows, etc, it will probably be raining (if its organised for October, especially so) but I think this would somewhat add to the fun! I expect they still allow the track days to go ahead when its raining, so long as its not absolutely tipping it down?

Back to the top
If the tracks booked , its ours , we run the show  :wink:
 Again , going for november hopefully so people have time to sort finances .

PS.paper tissue will be available if it rains for us cab drivers to shove in the window rubbers  :lol:

Back to the top
:lol:   :lol:
added understeer , love it!!!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

:lol:   :lol:
added understeer , love it!!!

8O Lift off over steer  :mrgreen: With any hard suspension set up its very easy to provoke at abit of quality oversteer. A good time to practise with decent run off areas.

Back to the top
You can count me in if it comes off ? sounds like it would be a top day.  Snetterton is just down the road, but Brands is fine with me if it?s going to be easier for you to organise.  Cheers for all the work you?ve put into it already.

Back to the top
:dontknow:

Banner

Back to the top
bumpy bumpy

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
Come on people keep givin feedback .  :wink:

Back to the top
I'm in for Brands, but how about Castle Combe - as mentioned.  Why only Golfs for the track day, i would prefer to track my mk1 rocco, just incase i do any damage 8O

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
got a mate wanting to come with a rocco.....

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
Its not my shout but I'd say let any other A1 cars (Mk1 Jetta, Mk1 Scirocco) come along, as we'll be short of numbers otherwise. They're going to be similar performance so it will be good to compare their performance with the Golfs.

Back to the top
Damn fine idea!!!

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
i'm up; for a retro cars track day, maybe include talbot sunbeams and mini and lotus cortinas triumph dolomite, mk1 cortinas all early veesdubs etc gotta getta the numbers up to make sure this happens, I think it might be worth contacting retro car mag and let them know. we need to get a poll on for attendees so we can tally up.
cheers
J. (bit half cut excuse me)

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top

lakesk8 said

i'm up; for a retro cars track day, maybe include talbot sunbeams and mini and lotus cortinas triumph dolomite, mk1 cortinas all early veesdubs etc

Get this lot to come and put a demo on (if Brands has a rally stage) these guys were awesome this weekend at Oulton Park. I'll post some links to video of them soon

http://212.67.202.161/~markw/ssgb/

<html>

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/Fordyx/cf416f53.jpg&lt;/html&gt;

Back to the top
i'll definately be up for a track day brands or snetterton is fine with me about the same distance. I better run my engine in first.

1983 mars red 1800GTi on ATS cups:)
G60'd, schrick cam, chipped, 70mm pulley, pace charge cooler, rolling road 182bhp 250Nm of torque, 14.50 quarter mile.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.