Skip navigation

Think I need a new fusebox...

Back to the top

Think I need a new fusebox...

davedotcodotuk said

I put an additional earth point on the n/s and o/s rear indicator using the spades visible on the back of the cluster, both indicators are now earthed and the indicator light on the dash doesnt glow. give it a shot but watch for the live spades in the cluster.

Good idea… I will give it a go and see if that makes a difference. Don't think it will though as I'm sure the earths for the indicators (front & rear) are sound. We'll see…

Megasquirted 1981 Silver 1600 GTI Daily Driver

Still Restoring...

Back to the top
I would consider replacing the ignition switch, have had simular problems with a mk2 golf gti a couple of months back, a new switch isnt expensive and just screws onto the end of the steering lock housing

Back to the top

storm81 said

I would consider replacing the ignition switch, have had simular problems with a mk2 golf gti a couple of months back, a new switch isnt expensive and just screws onto the end of the steering lock housing

Nice idea but have already tried that… Was another old one which might be knackered too I suppose…

Still Restoring...

Back to the top
ignition module?

======www.pureklas.co.uk======

Back to the top
Yep.. tried 3 different ones… No luck!  :dontknow:

Still Restoring...

Back to the top
did you get to the botom of this Woza?

i ve got  a1600 with bullet fuse board and having similar probs…

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top

lakesk8 said

did you get to the botom of this Woza?

i ve got  a1600 with bullet fuse board and having similar probs…

Been a few years now! I seem to remember it was the block connectors for the looms on the back of the fuse box that weren't making connection properly hence the intermittent faults.

You could try small bits of foil in the female block connectors and see if that helps. If it does then you could try squeezing the ends with small needle nose pliers to tighten the connections.

Don't forget to disconnect the battery first though. Better safe than sorry!

Still Restoring...
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.