Skip navigation

Slashed Roof

Back to the top

Slashed Roof

Just taken out the bins this morning and thought there was something on my roof, turns out there isn't someone has slashed my roof. I really don't know what to do about it. It's on the side of the path so some git has walked passed slashed it.

Back to the top
I don't understand why people do these things - they need stringing up by their dangly bits!

Sorry for you mate.

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
It's a 6 inch slash, I just can't understand it, it's not like I have a good stereo or anything. I'm wondering if I could do a superglue repair.

Back to the top
:banghead: what is the point! why do so many people (if they can be called that!) feel the need to cut up someones roof

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
:evil:  It makes you want to set booby traps up. If you roof is black, you could duct tape it for a temporary reapair, but for it to look right again, it'll probably need a new roof. Then it's time to get a rocking chair and a shot gun and wait for the utter **** to come and try it again.

Back to the top
I was thinking maybe putting a metal membrane under the next roof and passing a high current through it. High current rather than high volts because as every sparky knows it's the volts that joltz but the mills that kills!!  :twisted:  :evil:

Back to the top
Thats terrible especially outside your house, know how feel as someone put a knife through mine last year I got some clear waterproof tape from Halfords and sealed it from the inside you can still see it but its water proof. I actually phoned the police as Id been parked in a town centre carpark and hoped theyed have it on camera but they never got anyone for it.
Did it go through your headlining aswell?

Whoever did it needs a good beating if you find them I will come and help!!

what we need is a portable club shed made of bulletproof/disaster proof material to park our cars in wherever we go!

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 Cabriolet 1500 (under resto)

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
Gutted for you, BenGTI. The worst I've had is someone spitting on my steering wheel while roof's been down outside my house, and the was gutting enough.

Hanging too good for 'em I say.

'93 Clipper 1800i
Pearl Green
RH Cups
-40mm
K&N Panel Filter
SADLY NOW WRITTEN OFF

Porsche 944 2.5l LUX Fuchs alloys, pipercross induction - hole in the fuel tank, hopefully!

Back to the top
Cheers for all the support guys, seems superglue doesn't work for some reason. I'll be heading down to halfords later to get that tape you said about Rolf. Didn't go through the headlining (that's what you can see inside right?) they seemed to give up when faced with all the hair stuff inside. Right now I suspect everyone. I've not contacted the police as I thought it would be pointless. Noticed quite a few cars on my road have been keyed too.
I'd love to get hold of whoever did it. If I ever do I'll be sure to keep them for a while so everyone can have a go, like they did to the traffic warden on lock stock.

Back to the top
i bet it was kids, being the shool holidays 8O

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Jealousy and a total lack of respect for other peoples property.
Youth of today …… yada yada.

Gutted for you fella!

Black Cabbie

Back to the top
:tlc:

1983 lhasa green GTI
1982 lemon yellow CL

Back to the top
Maybe I'm just getting old and cycnical, but there is no respect left for anything or anybody.

Like everyone else, am gutted for you.

:(

Back to the top
Well I've decided to take a possitive out of it. Although the hood was only as old as I've had the car, nearly 2 years, I may as well do something different.
I was thinking of a red mohair hood and doing the fitting with a mate of mine using Ross's guide
http://www.vwgolfmk1.i…bHoodReplacementGuide.htm

Back to the top
Good for you a red one will look really nice, Im saving up for mohair one too they look lovely.  8)

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 Cabriolet 1500 (under resto)

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
My seats need retrimming too so I'll go for red centre panels on them too and i might do the rocker and timing belt cover in a crazed red as well. So every cloud and all that.

Back to the top
I worry everyday about someone doing that to mine!! they are just jealous thugs!! i keep mine covered even though its in a garage!! its a communal one though, maybe you should invest in a cover aswell?? they do act as a deterrent. at least it will protect your lovely new hood from the bird mess and tree sap!!!  :wink:

91 White Clipper

Back to the top

Man-Alive said

Jealousy and a total lack of respect for other peoples property.
Youth of today …… yada yada.

That's a mean generalisation  :evil: I'm 17 on wednesday And I don't go hanging around on street corners dressed like a nitwit and causing general bother and mischeif! I'm a goodboy jsut ask me mum  8)

Anyway sorry about the roof mate it really is pointless what some people do for fun. I'd invest in a cover if I were you.

Bert said

"if only everything was as reliable as a volkswagen"
——–
1.1L Series1

Back to the top
I feel for you mate, that really is the lowest of the low. I suppose the tin top equivalent is to have the paint work keyed. I had this done to me about 5 years ago to a mk2 I had. Little twits even came up the drive way to do it. It turned out the kid who did it was 11, so the police just gave him a telling off. They wouldn't tell me where he lived either :evil:
Keep your chin up, make the most of it and get that lovely new red mohair one  :wink:

Back to the top

Spare Cover

Sorry to read bout your roof, it's a constant worry. :(   Only had my cabby few months and when I bought her home all the youths in the street where hanging around.  It is wrong to generalise but it does seem that the younger generation has very little respect for anything.  Anyway, I've got a psare cover, not much of deterant but your welcome to it can shove it in the post.  :D  :D  :D

Keep smiling, not much cosellation I know but at least they didn't steal it.

Peace.  Lisa
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.