Skip navigation

GAYDON 2007 DATES - PLEASE VOTE NOW!

Back to the top

GAYDON 2007 DATES - PLEASE VOTE NOW!

All help appreciated Dano! Ultimately I had wanted 2006 to run like this but it hasn't (I have to take some of this on the chin as work has prevented me putting as much time in as I'd like)

Ideally, I'd like each region to organise in the main the events in their area from point of view of taking banners and making sure people are on the space, I will still organise bookings.

I had also wanted each region to have a banner but not many have taken up our offer of covering half the costs yet :dontknow:

Also wanted each regional rep to have a small stock of merchandise but it's difficult to know how it will go. So far a lot of time and effort has been put in to getting all the kit everyone asked for but so far we've sold next to nothing! The weather at Gaydon didn't help much as I was hoping to really push this but thanks to all that bought that weekend. We'll have to see how this one goes - I don't want to buy a load of stock that doesn't sell!

Hopefully we'll have the meets calendar on the site before next years season kicks off proper so people can see whats on.

At end of day, need a lot more input from each region to ensure this all happens as it should.

Over to you guys….

Cheers
Andy :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Does everyone agree these are the shows we should 'push' the club at:

All Types (North Wales)
Ultimate Dubs (Telford)
GTI International (Bruntingthorpe, Warwickshire?)
VW Action (Staffordshire)
Tatton Park (Cheshire)
Gaydon (Warwickshire)
Edition 38 (Northampton)
Classic Motor Show (NEC Birmingham)

If Dano's volunteered to co-ordinate Tatton Park I don't mind any other non-Gaydon one.

It would be good to see a table with all the marketing stuff, and good stocks of mugs, pens, T-shirts, etc etc. Whoever volunteers to be the show co-ordinator somehow liases, with dead letter drops, etc to get the stuff from the previous person and also looks after the money from the merchandise sales. Also we could have a 'show discount' 'join now' membership feature perhaps?

Back to the top
There's GTI Spring Festival and GTI Festival too, both at Santa Pod.

Back to the top
List seems good to me

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I'm happy to rep for any events down this end of the country, done one this year with one more to go.  Having merchandise at every show we attend is def a good idea, I can hold some stock if you wish.
The idea of flyers as well is good thinking and will help spread the word. The club is now growing at a fast rate with over 400 folk joining the site in the last 3 or 4 months.  I don't know the proportion of paid members tho, is this info available?

As for Gaydon, I also thought that having our own field was great, with camping and showing happening all in the same area.  TBH even with all the rain it wasn't that muddy, no-one got stuck :wink:

Banner

Back to the top

ew said

As for Gaydon, I also thought that having our own field was great, with camping and showing happening all in the same area.  TBH even with all the rain it wasn't that muddy, no-one got stuck :wink:

Dano was stuck inside his tent for quite some time, on Sunday morning…..

Back to the top
:lol:

Banner

Back to the top

paul_c said

ew said

Dano was stuck inside his tent for quite some time, on Sunday morning…..

:wink:  :wink:

Back to the top
11th & 12th August for me. Tend to work bank holiday wkends  :banghead:

You Want me, Ya Just Dont Now It Yet!

Back to the top
Just revisited the thread after a month or so……

look who's been 'Dano Bashing' !!!

I couldn't find the zip thats all but paul_c's cat made a right mess outside his tent flap>….yak!!!!!!

Back to the top
:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

looks like i'll be missing   Gaydon :banghead: again this year :cry:

Missus has a few problems with when she can fit leave in for our summer hols. Guess when i've just booked us in to a caravan site in Woolacombe…

'85 GTi Cabriolet
'80 Kawasaki KDX 175
'93 Kawasaki ZZR 600
'97 Chrysler Grand Voyager

Back to the top
So err was a date decided on?  I may have missed it  :oops:

Back to the top

drochesaunders said

So err was a date decided on?  I may have missed it  :oops:

It was, 11th - 12th August

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Fantastic, thanks, down in my diary already :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.